Since: Sep 09

Massena NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Coles Creek if you like being closer to the water - but Barnhart if you are more into being in the woods. Both have quite an open feel to them - not much seperating the sites.

I actually prefer Meachem Lake - You can still get a good water site if you want it, but it also has alot of wooded sites that are seperated from other sites by patches of woods. It is more of an outdoor- camping in the woods feel than either Barnhart or Coles.
Concerned Citizen

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Coles Creek...there are activities for the kids and the beach is closer to the sites. But I also like Barnhart. As long as I am camping it really dosen't matter. I like the new sites at Barnhart. My dog loves camping and I find the new sites at Barnhart are good for her.
happycamper

Potsdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Vodkajcl wrote:
Coles Creek if you like being closer to the water - but Barnhart if you are more into being in the woods. Both have quite an open feel to them - not much seperating the sites.
I actually prefer Meachem Lake - You can still get a good water site if you want it, but it also has alot of wooded sites that are seperated from other sites by patches of woods. It is more of an outdoor- camping in the woods feel than either Barnhart or Coles.
Meacham rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Hunter

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

You will be disappointed in the river sites at Coles now, especially near the playground. Brought in all this ugly gravel and covered the rocky shore. Cut down a LOT of trees and scrub brush. Not much shade anymore. WTF! Shame on whoever did that! Now, I prefer the new section of Barnhardt
peachy

Lowville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Bandy wrote:
Which campground is better and why?
I always liked Coles because there was a store and a beach.
Fish

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

Hunter wrote:
You will be disappointed in the river sites at Coles now, especially near the playground. Brought in all this ugly gravel and covered the rocky shore. Cut down a LOT of trees and scrub brush. Not much shade anymore. WTF! Shame on whoever did that! Now, I prefer the new section of Barnhardt
Shade? Seriously? When is it ever hot enough in Massena to "NEED" shade. Thats crazy.

Fat people sweating at 70 degrees...lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Massena Forum right now

Search the Massena Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Crystal Durocher Arrested On Welfare Fraud stea... 1 hr curious 6
Give it up 3 hr Lisa obsession 1
Massena man charged with menacing 4 hr electrical engineer pos 8
Massena is getting sprayed quite a bit 4 hr electrical engineer pos 3
Dann challenges Legislator Peck in Gouverneur 6 hr Hmmmmmm 3
Massena woman charged with falsely claiming foo... 7 hr undercover angel 30
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 8 hr Taxpayer 434
•••
•••
•••
Massena Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Massena Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Massena People Search