opinion

Nedrow, NY

#2 Apr 1, 2010
Coles Creek, more sites with water view and access to the beach

“Vodka - mmmmmm”

Since: Sep 09

Massena NY

#3 Apr 1, 2010
Coles Creek if you like being closer to the water - but Barnhart if you are more into being in the woods. Both have quite an open feel to them - not much seperating the sites.

I actually prefer Meachem Lake - You can still get a good water site if you want it, but it also has alot of wooded sites that are seperated from other sites by patches of woods. It is more of an outdoor- camping in the woods feel than either Barnhart or Coles.
Concerned Citizen

Syracuse, NY

#4 Apr 1, 2010
Coles Creek...there are activities for the kids and the beach is closer to the sites. But I also like Barnhart. As long as I am camping it really dosen't matter. I like the new sites at Barnhart. My dog loves camping and I find the new sites at Barnhart are good for her.
happycamper

Utica, NY

#5 Apr 3, 2010
Vodkajcl wrote:
Coles Creek if you like being closer to the water - but Barnhart if you are more into being in the woods. Both have quite an open feel to them - not much seperating the sites.
I actually prefer Meachem Lake - You can still get a good water site if you want it, but it also has alot of wooded sites that are seperated from other sites by patches of woods. It is more of an outdoor- camping in the woods feel than either Barnhart or Coles.
Meacham rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Hunter

New York, NY

#6 Apr 4, 2010
You will be disappointed in the river sites at Coles now, especially near the playground. Brought in all this ugly gravel and covered the rocky shore. Cut down a LOT of trees and scrub brush. Not much shade anymore. WTF! Shame on whoever did that! Now, I prefer the new section of Barnhardt
peachy

Ithaca, NY

#7 Apr 8, 2010
Bandy wrote:
Which campground is better and why?
I always liked Coles because there was a store and a beach.
Fish

United States

#8 Apr 11, 2010
Hunter wrote:
You will be disappointed in the river sites at Coles now, especially near the playground. Brought in all this ugly gravel and covered the rocky shore. Cut down a LOT of trees and scrub brush. Not much shade anymore. WTF! Shame on whoever did that! Now, I prefer the new section of Barnhardt
Shade? Seriously? When is it ever hot enough in Massena to "NEED" shade. Thats crazy.

Fat people sweating at 70 degrees...lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massena Town Council discusses eliminating Loui... 1 hr Not free your billed 5
Should Transgenders be able to serve in the mil... 3 hr You are an idiot 110
Trump's finances being investigated 11 hr You are an idiot 59
Tattoo Artists Mon Yup 12
News 1973 Massena Central High School graduate offer... Sun lol 16
News Town, village of Massena joining together for c... Aug 18 Curropt 1
AW poor babies cant stand the truth Aug 17 Local 10

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massena Mortgages