Massena Hospital Downsizing

Posted in the Massena Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
America the Beautiful

Lake Placid, NY

#1 Jul 3, 2012
Millions spent on a new medical complex and the hospital is reducing its workforce???
Roflicer of the lawlz

Ithaca, NY

#2 Jul 3, 2012
They hope that the shiny new watining room will keep people distracted from the fact they are waiting for am eternity because they dont habe adequate staff.
Wondering

Ithaca, NY

#3 Jul 3, 2012
Yeah, by the way you spell it is so apparent you fit right in!
Dump the trash

New York, NY

#4 Jul 4, 2012
Dump Fahd, Sell the hospital so I can be run by a competent group of managers. The citizens of this town deserve it.
theoneandonly

Ithaca, NY

#5 Jul 4, 2012
don't call a typo a spelling error,we've all done it.
in the family

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jul 4, 2012
Mr. Fahd is the 5th highest paid hospital CEO in NYS. His insurance and car are part of his employment package.Has the board reduced his wages as part of this "realignment"?
crazy

Lake Placid, NY

#7 Jul 4, 2012
5th highest and he is from small town massena ny the Forgotten Lands. shame on him!!!!!
thnking

Ithaca, NY

#8 Jul 4, 2012
this is plain crazy.why all the endless contruction then layoffs?why build,when you can't afford your employees.maybe a 10 percent cut in the wages of the top staff,would be better then a layoff.starting with mr.fahd.
in the family

Syracuse, NY

#9 Jul 4, 2012
There are already 3 hospital owned doctor offices empty and available, as well as a privately owned doctor's office available. What about all the asphalt and "stuff" that was dumped at the construction site,as fill, when the road work was done a few years ago? Any soil contamination?
Just Sayin

Ithaca, NY

#10 Jul 4, 2012
I heard through the grapevine that MMH's ailing dialysis center is also on the choppin block. My aunt goes there and I'd hate to see it close. The nearest one is Ogdensburg, I think... Sad. Hope it's not true. The nurses are nice to my aunt.
haha

Lake Placid, NY

#11 Jul 4, 2012
in the family wrote:
There are already 3 hospital owned doctor offices empty and available, as well as a privately owned doctor's office available. What about all the asphalt and "stuff" that was dumped at the construction site,as fill, when the road work was done a few years ago? Any soil contamination?
If anything is or was contaminated it should have been hauled away. I doubt that the village would have dumped contaminated soil there. It gets tested before construction.
Whats Up

Watertown, NY

#12 Jul 4, 2012
MMH spends millions on doctors’ offices to put the same doctors they have in them. Why don’t they fix the problems in the ER {no wants to go there) and why not improve on the 1st floor facility, believe me I don’t want one of those rooms for even a day. Looking good on the outside will not make it run well on the inside.
one reason

Ithaca, NY

#13 Jul 4, 2012
I used that clinic across the street fom MMH last month. It wasn't a big deal medically, but I was seen immediately, had meds prescribed and follow up blood work. My insurance EOB was like half of what it would have been at the hospital.
layoffswrong

Ithaca, NY

#14 Jul 4, 2012
having had an operation performed their recently,i have no complaints about the staff,all quite nice and professional.but the room was horrid.the bathroom entrance was terribly small and i had to turn my walker sideways to enter it.no easy feat after major surgery.money should have been spent on larger rooms and restrooms.
Proof

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jul 5, 2012
in the family wrote:
Mr. Fahd is the 5th highest paid hospital CEO in NYS. His insurance and car are part of his employment package.Has the board reduced his wages as part of this "realignment"?
Proof? Not sayin you are wrong, would just like to see proof. easy to say things anon. Saying it with proof is best.
in the family

Syracuse, NY

#16 Jul 5, 2012
Dear Proof: The wages for all upper management are posted on a state website. Freedom of information act. They are public employees. It is your right as a tax payer to know how much they are paid. Frenchie's supplies his car, the same Frenchie that is on the board of directors.
just saying

Ithaca, NY

#17 Jul 5, 2012
MR FAHD AND HIS PUPPET ADMINISTRATION TEAM SHOULE BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES....THEY SIT IN THE CAFETERIA EACH MORNING FOR ABOUT AN HOUR HAVING COFFEE...CHECK IT OUT...GO THERE ABOUT 815 AND HAVE COFFEE AND WATCH....SENIOR STAFF SHOULD GIVE UP 5 HOURS OF PAY A WEEK UNTIL THIS DILEMNA IS FIXED...WORK 40 HOURS AND LOSE 5 HOURS PAY....THEY DON'T EARN THEIR MONEY ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!
FIRST FLOOR ROOMS ARE LIKE PIGSY'S....NOT FIT FOR A PIG...AND THE HOUSEKEEPERS COME IN AND MOP WITHOUT SWEEPING FIRST..........ANOTHER CONCERN.
EMPTY BUILDING OUT BACK BUT THEY NEED THE NEW ONE FOR POSSIBLE DOCTORS...WHY WOULD YOUNG DOCTORS COME HERE WHEN OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM IS SO BAD....THEY SAY IT IS NOT COSTING THE HOSPITAL ANYTHING....RIGHT
Roflicer of the lawlz

Ithaca, NY

#18 Jul 8, 2012
You cant repeat the same mistakes you have been making for the last 30 years and expect a different outcome.
Really

Lake Placid, NY

#19 Jul 8, 2012
Roflicer of the lawlz wrote:
You cant repeat the same mistakes you have been making for the last 30 years and expect a different outcome.
What books have you been looking at? Until 2 years ago when docs left like a lot of business's in this town, everyone did well at the hospital!
really

Ithaca, NY

#20 Jul 8, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
What books have you been looking at? Until 2 years ago when docs left like a lot of business's in this town, everyone did well at the hospital!
...why do you insist on using my long-established byline? Be original, really!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 2016 9 hr Hillary 88
What's Trumps obsession with Poutine? 9 hr Seriously 3
News St. Lawrence Centre mall under new ownership 9 hr Seriously 2
ALCOA is closing again 10 hr Cuomo 18
New restaurant? 10 hr Hillary 3
Border Patrol Can They Pull You Over For Speeding? (Nov '11) 11 hr Noway 43
Regency Apartments 11 hr Wassup 7

Massena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance