Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

I USED TO EAT AT BEEFSTEAK CHARLIES WHEN I LIVED IN BROOKLYN.THEY WERE ALWAYS BUSY AND THEN THEY CLOSED UP.GLAD TO SEE THAT THEY ARE OPENING UP AGAIN;BUT WHEN?
JOE RENNA

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

I'm getting tired of waiting for beefsteak charlies to open. Whats the story?
Disappointed

Long Island City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

would love to know if they are finally going to open....
tracy

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

as of monday march 30,2009 beefsteak charlies in massapequa is open
phil

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

can't wait until it opens when is it coming?
Bobby

Long Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

IT'S OPEN, AS PER FRANCES! COME ON DOWN.
Carol

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

It's OPEN. I was at SUnrise Mall last night and they're open for business!
Carol

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Judged:

I too was very excited that Beefsteak Charlies was coming back to town. I just came from there,
I ordered the Sirloin and Rib combo. I had to send the steak back (way undercooked) and then it came back to me again still way undercooked. The ribs and baked potato were served luke warm at best. The salad bar was OK, but my fingers got VERY STICKY from one of the tongs. All restaurants have problems, even experienced ones from time to time, but the establishment usually does something like a coupon or free dessert or something. Alas, no; BUT the SCARIEST part had to be the responses that I got from Frances who I guess is the manager or owner? She's the one the waitress notified about the issues anyway.

1 - Salad Tong - Yes, she noticed that too, but the tongs are new and the label left a sticky residue. IDK..... DISHWASHER MAYBE??????

2 - Steak - She agreed with me that a thinner piece of meat should have been selected for anything other than RARE. The only way this could have been done close to medium was if they burnt it on the outside. The steak should have been half as thick, so I guess I would have to go home, slice it and cook it myself. Frances just smiled.

3 - Ribs - I told her the taste was good but the temperature wasn't hot. Frances said smiling "But they were good tho?"

I told her that these problems should be addressed or they will be closing really soon - and Frances said while still smiling, "You are right about that!".

I likely won't go back as there was no incentive given by Frances for me to try them again and
the cost was alot to spend for food I need to
re-cook myself. SAD, VERY SAD. You might want to just keep your memories.
Lisa

East Hampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Can anyone tell me when the restaurant is opening?
Id like to fill out a job application there.
Thanks.
Blade2000

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2009

They opened March 30, 2009. Going there today for lunch!:)
Fred

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2009

They are now open.
John

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2009

Judged:

This is definitely not the Beefsteak Charlie's I knew of and had fond memories of.Shame I was hoping for a new hang out.
tren

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2009

opening ,sunrise mall. massapequa
DEE

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Judged:

John wrote:
hey when is the restaurant opening?
WE WENT ON SATURDAY AND THE PLACE IS SOOOOOO BAD
IT'S SO SMALL YOU HAVE TO WAIT IN THE MALL
THERE ARE ONLY TWO TABLES THE REST ARE BOOTHS
THE FOOD WAS SOOOO BAD THE SALAD BAR IS NOTHING AND THE BUCKET OF SHRIMP IS A JOKE
IT COST US 94 FOR THREE ADULTS AND ONE KID AND WE WENT HOME WITH THE BIGGEST DOGGIE BAG EVER. MY HUSBAND PAID 24 FOR DRY CHICKEN RAW STEAK AND REALLY BAD RIBS. BUT HEY MY DOGS LOVED IT. ALL THEY SAID WAS THINGS CHANGE. I'LL SAY SO.......
Denise

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

I happened to be a the Sunrise Mall the other day and was so surprised to see Beefsteak Charlies. It brought back so many memories. I didn't even know they were still in business. I just read Carol's review. I feel bad that she had such a bad experience, but even in its hayday I had good and bad experiences. Maybe it was just a bad day, since it is new. I want to try it anyway. I was wondering how the decor was. It used to be cozy with the dark beams and booths. I guess that look is too 70's. It's probably more modern now.
Greg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

Michael is an awful waiter.
Harvey

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Beefsteak Charlies sold all its restaurants to Garcia's in the mid 1980's. I used to really enjoy the Beefstek Charlies in Valley Stream, and even worked there in college delivering take-out orders. But its not coming back :-(
CHIA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2009

Judged:

My husband and I were dying to try Beefsteak Charlies. What a LETDOWN!!! Thank god only went for lunch. We sent $30 and it was the worse burgers we ever had(they had to be frozen), the fries were uncooked. The service was ok. The food is poor quality if that. We will NEVER go back...They should close there doors now! Hope no one goes and expects it be like it was back in the day. Should have went to White Castles at least there I get what I paid for

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of102
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Massapequa Park News Video

•••
•••

Massapequa Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Massapequa Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE