Two struck by LIRR in apparent unrela...

Two struck by LIRR in apparent unrelated suicides

There are 72 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 3, 2007, titled Two struck by LIRR in apparent unrelated suicides. In it, Newsday reports that:

Two people were struck and killed by trains Monday in apparent suicides, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Sun Of The Beach

Bridgeport, CT

#61 Dec 4, 2007
They cant even 86 right. Why cause problems for those who have to clean up the mess. You want to do yourself put your nose in an electrical outlet or inhale deeply next to an insurance salesman. The demons doing their thing no doubt. Too bad. Was this better?

Tuffy
Slappy White

Milford, CT

#62 Dec 4, 2007
You can be found wrote:
To you real tough talking wimps hiding behind your keyboard. I hope your brother, father, wife, son,,,whatever, kill themselves. Maybe you would not be such a heartless SOB.
That's heartwarming.
A little help

Lodi, WI

#64 Dec 4, 2007
Ggg wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there at the floral park one...the guy was slip into 3!!!
What does that mean. Did you see him do this? I'm trying to get answers as to why my freind did this. He was a fantastic guy.
Declan

Glen Cove, NY

#65 Dec 4, 2007
You can be found wrote:
To you real tough talking wimps hiding behind your keyboard. I hope your brother, father, wife, son,,,whatever, kill themselves. Maybe you would not be such a heartless SOB.
Uh huh....You use a name like "You can be found" and call others tough talking wimps hiding behind a keyboard?

Oh the irony.
Chief Wiggum

Cranston, RI

#69 Dec 5, 2007
Ralph wrote:
I Choo choo choose you!
They only come out at night. Or in this case, the day.

Very Hurt

New York, NY

#70 Dec 5, 2007
i know some ofd you's have postive and negative comments but let me say a few words the seond victim was craig donner my boss are building i sright behind the railroad station know yes suicide is wrong but tell me how do you work with someone everyday and not know that they are hurting he was a good man but life unfortunatley was too much for him i guess
Very Hurt

New York, NY

#71 Dec 5, 2007
A little help wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that mean. Did you see him do this? I'm trying to get answers as to why my freind did this. He was a fantastic guy.
i knew craig he was my boss i'm so sorry this was so unexpected i mean he seemed so sweet i would hate that he was hurting so bad , and we all loved him and miss him

“silly conspiracy theory HA”

Since: Mar 07

Long Island

#74 Dec 5, 2007
I have a question for you. I have seen you post about the LIRR before. Do you have a personal problem with them? Did something happen to you? Im just curious.
Robert Pines wrote:
bill.mason@newsday.com has NO CLUE what happened do ya Bill? Why don't you stand close to a 80 mph train and show us how the train vacuum will suck you right in Bill?
See the railroad calls Bill and tells Bill what the killer railroad wants the people to hear.
Come on Bill ---WHY was it apparent suicide when it's obvious the railroads safety deterrants SUCK? Over 500 pedestrians killed by trains a year isn't suicide ---IT's MURDER by the dirty state, Feds, and railroad. Suicide that dumb ass.
WaWaWhat

Cranston, RI

#75 Dec 5, 2007
Robert Pines wrote:
bill.mason@newsday.com has NO CLUE what happened do ya Bill? Why don't you stand close to a 80 mph train and show us how the train vacuum will suck you right in Bill?
See the railroad calls Bill and tells Bill what the killer railroad wants the people to hear.
Come on Bill ---WHY was it apparent suicide when it's obvious the railroads safety deterrants SUCK? Over 500 pedestrians killed by trains a year isn't suicide ---IT's MURDER by the dirty state, Feds, and railroad. Suicide that dumb ass.
Were you fired from the LIRR? Or was your wife killed by a LIRR train and you simply refuse to accept that it was suicide?
Robert Pines

Sullivan, MO

#76 Dec 5, 2007
Hmmm, guess the media giving false reports don't like it when the truth comes out that the railroads lead them around by the peckers.
Reporting stolen railroad crossing gates RE: Long Island Rail Road track in Ridgewood to undergo safety changes < http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/queens/20... ; The Federal Railroad Administrations report to Congress would of had railroad crossing gates (GT) present where the runaway train hit the vehicles. So at one time we were raped 10s of $1000s for crossing gates at the crossings where the runaway train hit vehicles. Where are these obviously stolen crossing gates paid for with 90% Federal taxes and 10% state taxes now? Why isn't the railroad ORDERED to put them back? < http://csx-sucks.com/SiteDist.pdf> ; The Mickey Mouse cross-bucks/yield signs would only be legal if the sight lines for a 28 mph run-a-way train were available for the crossing users if the state/feds/ and railroads weren't dirty. These signs without proper sight lines have gotten 1000s basically murdered by BAD LAW. P.s. Why aren't the ones' in charges of these bogus Federal records NOT in jail?
]LIRR must pay this news director like 7 hookers, a case of wine, and free back rubs all week for this jury tampering suicide
who has NO CLUE what happened do ya Bill? Why don't you stand close to a 80 mph train and show us how the train vacuum will suck you right in Bill?
Come on Bill ---WHY was it apparent suicide when it's obvious the railroads safety deterrants SUCK? Over 500 pedestrians killed by trains a year isn't suicide ---IT's MURDER by the dirty state, Feds, and railroad. Suicide that dumb
Bob frm LI

Houston, TX

#78 Dec 5, 2007
Obviously you know nothing of the LIRR other than what you read. The LIRR is a commuter rail and has their own rules and regulations. I guess you think the RR should have set the parking brake and keep the steering wheel turned on the runnaway train . 80 mph Ha that's a joke.
Robert Pines wrote:
Hmmm, guess the media giving false reports don't like it when the truth comes out that the railroads lead them around by the peckers.
Reporting stolen railroad crossing gates RE: Long Island Rail Road track in Ridgewood to undergo safety changes < http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/queens/20... ; The Federal Railroad Administrations report to Congress would of had railroad crossing gates (GT) present where the runaway train hit the vehicles. So at one time we were raped 10s of $1000s for crossing gates at the crossings where the runaway train hit vehicles. Where are these obviously stolen crossing gates paid for with 90% Federal taxes and 10% state taxes now? Why isn't the railroad ORDERED to put them back? < http://csx-sucks.com/SiteDist.pdf> ; The Mickey Mouse cross-bucks/yield signs would only be legal if the sight lines for a 28 mph run-a-way train were available for the crossing users if the state/feds/ and railroads weren't dirty. These signs without proper sight lines have gotten 1000s basically murdered by BAD LAW. P.s. Why aren't the ones' in charges of these bogus Federal records NOT in jail?
]LIRR must pay this news director like 7 hookers, a case of wine, and free back rubs all week for this jury tampering suicide
who has NO CLUE what happened do ya Bill? Why don't you stand close to a 80 mph train and show us how the train vacuum will suck you right in Bill?
Come on Bill ---WHY was it apparent suicide when it's obvious the railroads safety deterrants SUCK? Over 500 pedestrians killed by trains a year isn't suicide ---IT's MURDER by the dirty state, Feds, and railroad. Suicide that dumb
LIRR Lingo

Houston, TX

#79 Dec 5, 2007
Unauthorized person on the tracks = TRESPASSER
GoFurself

Clifton, NJ

#80 Dec 5, 2007
It could of been someone you knew, without any warning. Yea it sucks that it's such an inconvience to the many of you. Who are on here bitching, but what if this person were someone who was one of your family a loved one such as your father or mother or your spouse,maybe your brother or sister or someone who was an old friend way back in elementary school, either way its sad to think that at a mere inconvience to your daily commute for one day or an hour, that this person was so selfless that he hit such rock bottom to end there life in such a tragic manner. It could of been someone you once knew without any warning or any signs. Your here for another day, and I hope you slip on a patch of ice on a train platform ooops guess what the rest of you are standing out in the cold again while they clean up.
Declan

Glen Cove, NY

#81 Dec 5, 2007
GoFurself wrote:
It could of been someone you knew, without any warning. Yea it sucks that it's such an inconvience to the many of you. Who are on here bitching, but what if this person were someone who was one of your family a loved one such as your father or mother or your spouse,maybe your brother or sister or someone who was an old friend way back in elementary school, either way its sad to think that at a mere inconvience to your daily commute for one day or an hour, that this person was so selfless that he hit such rock bottom to end there life in such a tragic manner. It could of been someone you once knew without any warning or any signs. Your here for another day, and I hope you slip on a patch of ice on a train platform ooops guess what the rest of you are standing out in the cold again while they clean up.
You're being far more mean spirited than we are. You're wishing death upon people you disagree with. Nobody here wished death upon the guy who killed himself, he was already dead by his own volition.

How you could possibly call suicide a selfless act is beyond me, however with your odd sense of logic, I'm not even going to try and figure it out.

And get this through your heads, anyone who thinks this sort of thing is a mere inconvenience to the commuters. It can be, but it isn't always.

What about the guy who is late for work and loses his job because he has a boss who couldn't care less why he was late? What about the guy who missed a sales meeting and lost out earning a commission check because of this? What about the person who is on that train because of an emergency phone call, calling him or her to a school to pick up an injured child, or to the hospital because someone he/she loved was hurt in a car accident? What about all the passengers on the train, all of whom have their own safety potentially jeopardized by these suicidal idiots if for example an attempt to stop led to a train accident or passengers being thrown etc?
Declan

Glen Cove, NY

#82 Dec 5, 2007
Very Hurt wrote:
i know some ofd you's have postive and negative comments but let me say a few words the seond victim was craig donner my boss are building i sright behind the railroad station know yes suicide is wrong but tell me how do you work with someone everyday and not know that they are hurting he was a good man but life unfortunatley was too much for him i guess
That's why suicide is selfish. It leaves the people still living wondering why and feeling guilty. Asking themselves how could they not have known? Thinking maybe they could have prevented it had they only done this or that.

What a crappy parting gift to all those left behind.
My Friend

Bristol, CT

#83 Dec 5, 2007
One of those people was my friend. It sucks that your train was delayed (I know, we all hate inconveniences), but the fact is I lost a friend and I rather you be delayed 2 hours (with your safety intact)and have my friend alive still. Life is F'd up. I dont know why he did it. Just feel lucky you still have your health along with your family and friends.

Cheers
very hurt

New York, NY

#84 Dec 6, 2007
Declan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why suicide is selfish. It leaves the people still living wondering why and feeling guilty. Asking themselves how could they not have known? Thinking maybe they could have prevented it had they only done this or that.
What a crappy parting gift to all those left behind.
yes i agree thank you and yes we are all hurt very much alot was left unsaid and wondering though he did leave anote but it didn't help much
Too Funny

New York, NY

#85 Dec 6, 2007
Robert Pines wrote:
So Mr. Pines-alot, you REALLY, REALLY think the train JUMPED off the track, killed these people in the street and re-railed itself? You have some imagination. How about this: The people killed were on the tracks where they DO NOT BELONG. The train has every right to be there - the people do not. You are making a total ass out of yourself with your moronic nonsense that you post. Do you also think that General Motors, Toyota and every other car manufacturer out there are murderers too since they make cars that kill people when drunk drivers are behind the wheel? Oh, be careful when you sleep at night in your bed - a train may come down your block and run you over right in your bedroom, go back out on the street down to the tracks and rerail itself.

“Only in America...”

Since: Aug 07

New York, NY

#86 Dec 6, 2007
Tired of LIRR Bashing wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a clueless idiot. Now it is the rairoads fault when people commit suicide?
You are a sick individual to use someones death to get another poke at the LIRR.
Actually I'm pretty sure the LIRR is responsible. In the thought process: Get on the Train, or commit suicide.... commit suicide is starting to gain ground. I can see why.

P.S. To the fat cow on the 3:46pm from Penn who has the most obnoxious, loud, and annoying voice...STFU !!!! You sound like a bad parody of a long island accent, and it can be heard in the whole car. Nobody want's to hear about your c-section, or your body waxing (ugh), and we most certainly do not want to hear you sing your horrible version of "Baby it's cold outside" which consists of the line "Baby it's cold outside" and only that line repeated over and over. YOU SUCK!!!
Robert Pines

Sullivan, MO

#87 Dec 6, 2007
Too Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
So Mr. Pines-alot, you REALLY, REALLY think the train JUMPED off the track, killed these people in the street and re-railed itself? You have some imagination. How about this: The people killed were on the tracks where they DO NOT BELONG. The train has every right to be there - the people do not. You are making a total ass out of yourself with your moronic nonsense that you post. Do you also think that General Motors, Toyota and every other car manufacturer out there are murderers too since they make cars that kill people when drunk drivers are behind the wheel? Oh, be careful when you sleep at night in your bed - a train may come down your block and run you over right in your bedroom, go back out on the street down to the tracks and rerail itself.
...Do you also think that General Motors, Toyota and every other car manufacturer out there are murderers too...Yep --- ever watch Fight Club and the exploding gas tanks on Pintos'. The formula --- If payouts A are less than safety equipment B than C screw the dead people. Railroads must love you idiots covering their butts costing jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) 16 hr Your delusional 48
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 18 hr Big Bruser 8,703
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Feb 20 save your souls 2,834
News Steven Fangmann named president of D&B Engineer... Feb 19 Tom Montalbano 1
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Feb 19 Jose mejia 119
Lindenhurst Library Feb 15 Creeped out 1
Advertising my new forum if I may Feb 11 Justice12 3

Massapequa Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Park Mortgages