Two struck by LIRR in apparent unrelated suicides

Full story: Newsday

Two people were struck and killed by trains Monday in apparent suicides, officials said.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of72
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Horific

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Just goes to show you. They put this in the news and it gives people the idea "that's what I can do"!
Last night a freind & I sat & waited for an officer for 1 1/2 hours. After calling 911 3x's to report a low hanging power line. We were freezing, but didn't want anyone to drive into it. Finally they showed up, after I had already put markers on the wire to make it more visable. Turns out the police were there earlier that day, you would think they would have put the flagging on it then...
Slappy White

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

P.S.

If I wanted to kill myself, I'd try to do it in the most attractive and least embarrassing way possible. Being splattered all over the front of a train is not the way I'd want anyone to see me (unless I was trying to make a statement). How about a drug overdose? That doesn't cause too much physical trauma. Drinking a bottle of bleach would do it, too. Bleeding out from the wrists would also save your family the heartache of having to only identify a whole body, not pieces of one.

I hope these suggestions were helpful for the next idiot who decides to jump in front of a train.
Blueskies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Why is anyone defending these two people? They wanted to die. Good-bye. They were selfish enough to kill themselves, leave family and friends to wonder why and then hold up thousands of people on their way to a productive life. Good riddance.
ABUSER

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

I was happy to read about the deaths, so close to the holidays!

All I know is that Santa must have got my letter!
Kathryn

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

My neighbor is a conductor and my brother-in-law is an engineer. They have both had the horror of seeing someone on the tracks, but not being able to stop in time. I wish people who were considering suicide would consider the irreperable damage their actions does not just to their families but to absolute strangers.
fpm grad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

please don't mock. obviously these people were going through something terrible...
Ggg

Nyack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

LIer wrote:
Hit the guy while going 80mph? That must have hurt. Or maybe it didn't.
I was there at the floral park one...the guy was slip into 3!!!

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Your a Prick wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that supposed to be entertaining? You're a disgrace to humanity.
you tell em!!!
mohammed

Middle Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Horific wrote:
Just goes to show you. They put this in the news and it gives people the idea "that's what I can do"!
Last night a freind & I sat & waited for an officer for 1 1/2 hours. After calling 911 3x's to report a low hanging power line. We were freezing, but didn't want anyone to drive into it. Finally they showed up, after I had already put markers on the wire to make it more visable. Turns out the police were there earlier that day, you would think they would have put the flagging on it then...
Don't know what that has to do with 2 people committing suicide...but big deal, was it so difficult for you to leave a warning marker of some sort 'til repair crews got there.
Tom S

Freeport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

I'd like to say thanks to these two jerks for screwing up my commute. My train was over an hour late. If you want to kill yourselves use a gun, p*ssies.
WTF

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Ggg wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there at the floral park one...the guy was slip into 3!!!
OK Ggg maybe you can enlighten us
WHat the phyuck does "the guy was slip into 3!!!" even mean its like me typing "red car broom loose" it makes zero sense and yet you type and probably thought it was funny.
Jake

Oxford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Fat Barstad wrote:
What in the heck? Two in one day, what is causing this?
Those frigging Adjustable Rate Mortgages! Thats one or two ways to get off Long Island!
Dr Phil

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

He is not a moron just one of my patients that escaped from the loony bin. He is upset because he is not allowed to play with his trains anymore.
Robert Pines wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there's no one holding a gun to the train drivers head that is going too fast with sucky brakes and no steering with NO safety appliances huh?
If they felt soooo sorry the trains would shut down till the proper fences, track security guards, video monitoring equipment, motion alarms, etc... were in place.
June

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Dr Phil wrote:
He is not a moron just one of my patients that escaped from the loony bin. He is upset because he is not allowed to play with his trains anymore.
<quoted text>
WHERE THE HELL DO YOU IDIOTS COME FROM! THIS IS NOT FUNNY. ITS VERY SAD!
June

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Slappy White wrote:
<quoted text>
You have GOT to be the most idiotic person posting here.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! WORST THEN IDITOIC.
June

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

fpm grad wrote:
please don't mock. obviously these people were going through something terrible...
So True and no one knows what that person has gone through. Please folks have a heart. Remember it could be you going through something so bad, so don't make light of this terrible tragedy.
Pine is a nut

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains it.
TheGambler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

Slappy White wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this world coming to when people think it's okay to throw themselves in front of a train as a means of suicide, thereby inconveniencing hundreds of people? What happened to the good old gun in the mouth, or hose in the tailpipe method?
In your eyes, we are heartless for not honoring these fools who choose to take their own lives? Why are you not angry with these two people who didn't honor their own lives and families enough to seek counseling, instead choosing to commit the ultimate selfish act of suicide? Why are we responsible for feeling sorry for these people? God helps those who help themselves. I have no sympathy for people who take the easy way out, on someone else's time.
But they made a MISTAKE!! WEEP!! WEEP!!
Declan

Great Neck, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

June wrote:
<quoted text>
So True and no one knows what that person has gone through. Please folks have a heart. Remember it could be you going through something so bad, so don't make light of this terrible tragedy.
Did it ever occur to you that the passengers of these trains have lives of their own? Children in day care waiting to be picked up? Sick parents in hospitals? Jobs to go to? Job interviews to get to?

Save your "have a heart" platitudes for the living.
You can be found

Lodi, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2007

To you real tough talking wimps hiding behind your keyboard. I hope your brother, father, wife, son,,,whatever, kill themselves. Maybe you would not be such a heartless SOB.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of72
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Massapequa Park News Video

•••
•••

Massapequa Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Massapequa Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••