Two struck by LIRR in apparent unrelated suicides

Full story: Newsday 72
Two people were struck and killed by trains Monday in apparent suicides, officials said. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chopper

Denver, CO

#1 Dec 3, 2007
"....an eastbound LIRR train picked up passengers in Farmingdale and was traveling about 80 mph towards Deer Park at 8:48 a.m. when the accident happened"

What accident?
Tired of LIRR Bashing

Yonkers, NY

#4 Dec 4, 2007
Robert Pines wrote:
LIRR must pay this news director like 7 hookers, a case of wine, and free back rubs all week for this jury tampering suicide BS.
You are a clueless idiot. Now it is the rairoads fault when people commit suicide?

You are a sick individual to use someones death to get another poke at the LIRR.
LIer

Hicksville, NY

#6 Dec 4, 2007
Hit the guy while going 80mph? That must have hurt. Or maybe it didn't.
Frederick North

New York, NY

#9 Dec 4, 2007
Just put these a-holes in bodybags and continue the trains on schedule to take away their final FTW salute.
Maryann

AOL

#10 Dec 4, 2007
WOW - what a bunch of heartless people.....you make sarcastic comments about people who have died? What is wrong with you? Do you have nothing better to do? What is this world coming to?
Handy wipe

New York, NY

#11 Dec 4, 2007
Frederick North wrote:
Just put these a-holes in bodybags and continue the trains on schedule to take away their final FTW salute.
When incidents like this happen in Japan they just hose down the track and send the cleanup bill to the next of kin.
Fat Barstad

White Plains, NY

#12 Dec 4, 2007
What in the heck? Two in one day, what is causing this?
not again

Denver, CO

#13 Dec 4, 2007
Handy wipe wrote:
<quoted text>
When incidents like this happen in Japan they just hose down the track and send the cleanup bill to the next of kin.
great idea....
Jumper

Great Neck, NY

#14 Dec 4, 2007
Fat Barstad wrote:
What in the heck? Two in one day, what is causing this?
Suicides always increase like this when the holidays get closer.

You will read about at least 12 more like this leading to X-mas
Keith

Horsham, PA

#15 Dec 4, 2007
Answer to: "What the heck? Two in one day, what is causing this?"
Reading Newsday makes ME depressed!
WTF

New York, NY

#16 Dec 4, 2007
I hate working in the city, always have and just want to get to and from work as painlessly as possible, so for all of you out there in topix land, living on southern Long Island and contemplating suicide please PLEASE ...

#1) do it on the Hicksville Westbury Line Nobody cares that you want to kill yourself but we do care when we have to put in over 12 hrs a day because mommy doesnt love you anymore

#2) kill yourself on the weekend, we all know you suck and are worthless you dont have to remind us by delaying our commute constantly, just please think of god and jesus and they will help you through the week, then when its saturday night and your home alone again because no one likes you, then take your sorry butt out to the tracks and finish it all.
lol

Baldwin, NY

#17 Dec 4, 2007
keep on jumping Long Island,,,I love when my spouse gets time off from LIRR.....lol....keep on jumping
Witness

United States

#18 Dec 4, 2007
Although the trains are kept nice and warm inside, if someone selfishly decides to end his/her life by jumping in front of a train you can expect to spend at least an hour standing in the parking lot of a train station. It was wicked cold in Wyandanch yesterday, and the wind was howling.

Riders, please take my advice and wear a coat...not a jacket.
Wise Old Man

Long Beach, NY

#19 Dec 4, 2007
I feel so sorry for those souls who felt they had no one to turn to, they forgot they were God Childrens and was not alone.
Hey Jacqueass

Cranston, RI

#20 Dec 4, 2007
Maryann wrote:
WOW - what a bunch of heartless people.....you make sarcastic comments about people who have died? What is wrong with you? Do you have nothing better to do? What is this world coming to?
Oh please, why should anyone have sympathy for someone who throws themselves in front of a passenger train. Talk about selfish.
Slappy White

Wallington, NJ

#21 Dec 4, 2007
Maryann wrote:
What is this world coming to when people think it's okay to throw themselves in front of a train as a means of suicide, thereby inconveniencing hundreds of people? What happened to the good old gun in the mouth, or hose in the tailpipe method?

In your eyes, we are heartless for not honoring these fools who choose to take their own lives? Why are you not angry with these two people who didn't honor their own lives and families enough to seek counseling, instead choosing to commit the ultimate selfish act of suicide? Why are we responsible for feeling sorry for these people? God helps those who help themselves. I have no sympathy for people who take the easy way out, on someone else's time.
Hey Jacqueass

Cranston, RI

#22 Dec 4, 2007
Slappy White wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this world coming to when people think it's okay to throw themselves in front of a train as a means of suicide, thereby inconveniencing hundreds of people? What happened to the good old gun in the mouth, or hose in the tailpipe method?
In your eyes, we are heartless for not honoring these fools who choose to take their own lives? Why are you not angry with these two people who didn't honor their own lives and families enough to seek counseling, instead choosing to commit the ultimate selfish act of suicide? Why are we responsible for feeling sorry for these people? God helps those who help themselves. I have no sympathy for people who take the easy way out, on someone else's time.
Here, here.
questioning

Bronx, NY

#23 Dec 4, 2007
Wise Old Man wrote:
I feel so sorry for those souls who felt they had no one to turn to, they forgot they were God Childrens and was not alone.
I wonder why God lets this happen? Why does God let them get so depressed that they feel they have to take their own lives?
John

Bridgeport, CT

#24 Dec 4, 2007
I feel sorry for the engineers driving the train. They are right there in the front and see this and have to live with them selves after they hit someone. Even if it is not their fault.
Handy wipe

New York, NY

#25 Dec 4, 2007
Wise Old Man wrote:
They also forgot that sleeping pills or a bread knife would have done the trick without stranding thousands of commuters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 12 hr Bruser 7,909
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 12 hr Bruser 2,312
Chuck Zito speak up about Registered sex offen... (Jul '13) 19 hr Streetrunner 8
women would you castrate you husbands? Fri george 2
Police: Narcan Used to Revive Woman in Massapeq... Aug '14 Marcus Webb 2
Zombies Invade John J. Burns Town Park on Wedne... Aug '14 Vinnie Fontaine 2
Debate: Health Care - Massapequa Park, NY (Jan '10) Jul '14 Smokin Joe 1,461

Massapequa Park News Video

Massapequa Park Dating
Find my Match

Massapequa Park Jobs

Massapequa Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Massapequa Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Massapequa Park