Eyesores: Should the Village Get Tough?

Eyesores: Should the Village Get Tough?

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from Jun 14, 2012, titled Eyesores: Should the Village Get Tough?. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Residents of Massapequa Park who don't properly maintain their property could now face liens, fines and even imprisonment under a new law passed earlier this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Jim Yardley

Staatsburg, NY

#1 Jun 14, 2012
I hope the residents of Massapequa Park have deep pockets. From what I've read of the law, the language is so vague and subjective that the legal fees to respond to the lawsuits that are sure to follow, especially if fines are levied against banks who will go to court to fight the fines, will be astronomical.

On the plus side, though, thanks to the new law, a lot of foreclosed homes will be snapped up by all the lawyers who plan to move into Massapequa Park. Good job, folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 17 hr Bruser 2,535
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Nov 26 Bruser 8,094
News Newsday replacing some home delivery contractor... (Jun '08) Nov 24 deliverywoes 46
Review: L & E Bagels (Jul '09) Nov 20 Hahahaha 8
News Merrick family uses GPS device as autistic sons... Nov 19 Natasha C 1
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Nov 18 paulm1990 71
Best Image Salon Nov 17 Lisa 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Park Mortgages