New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,706 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Remiesong

Potsdam, NY

#18530 Apr 12, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about Obama, who only paid 18.4 percent in 2012?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/04/12/pre...
I think that's terrific, seems fair to me. This was also commendable - The President and First Lady also reported donating $150,034 – or about 24.6 percent of their adjusted gross income – to 33 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was $103,871 to the Fisher House Foundation.
I'm not sure who created all the loopholes, but I can prett well guess they wouldn't give them up easily. All anybody wants is what is fair and reasonable unless they are undeniably greedy, and selfish it's human nature. It 's what we're taught in kindergarten. Sharing, consideration, co-operation... Where did we go wrong? How could we let greed and corruption overcome our values? Is there any hope?
Al Czervik

AOL

#18531 Apr 12, 2013
Of course - U should 2 wrote:
It's my civic DUTY and yours too!
Pinko !
booboo

United States

#18532 Apr 12, 2013
Yes for sure
disallusioned vet

Saranac Lake, NY

#18533 Apr 12, 2013
We have a choice to vote not a choice who we vote for. A rigged game plays to the house
Unrelyable

Syracuse, NY

#18534 Apr 15, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>How do you feel about Obama, who only paid 18.4 percent in 2012?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/04/12/pre...
Fair taxes for everyone...

It's only the republican minds that asserts liberals don't hold their president to the same standards...
Unrelyable

Danielson, CT

#18535 Apr 15, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>So you're good with a Flat Tax in which everyone pays, say, a flat 18% of income, yeh? No loopholes, no deductions for anyone - a one-page tax return:

Line 1: How much did you make?
Line 2: Multiply by 0.18
Line 3 - Send it in.

What could be fairer?

So you're good with that, right?
"So you're good with a Flat Tax in which everyone pays, say, a flat 18% of income, yeh? No loopholes, no deductions for anyone - a one-page tax return"

No, as, again, and yes I understand ill have to repeat myself at least fifty times for you conservatives to understand, I'm for FAIRER taxes.....

How is someone, who makes $30,000 a year, paying the same in taxes as someone making $1,000,000 a year fair?

It isn't, so no, I'm not for a flat tax...
Unrelyable

Danielson, CT

#18536 Apr 15, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>So you're good with a Flat Tax in which everyone pays, say, a flat 18% of income, yeh? No loopholes, no deductions for anyone - a one-page tax return:

Line 1: How much did you make?
Line 2: Multiply by 0.18
Line 3 - Send it in.

What could be fairer?

So you're good with that, right?
"Line 1: How much did you make?
Line 2: Multiply by 0.18
Line 3 - Send it in. "

Ha ha oh so u made $20,000 last year working three jobs? Sure, pay exactly the same amount in taxes as someone who made $5 million...
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#18537 Apr 15, 2013
Unrelyable wrote:
<quoted text>
"Line 1: How much did you make?
Line 2: Multiply by 0.18
Line 3 - Send it in. "
Ha ha oh so u made $20,000 last year working three jobs? Sure, pay exactly the same amount in taxes as someone who made $5 million...
Yeah - I was wondering whether we'd see if you ever made it past 6th grade arithmetic. If your handle refers to your math skillz - it's accurate.

No, the guy making $20K/ann pays 0.18 x $20K =$3600. Ten bucks a day.

The guy making $5 mill/ann pays 0.18 x $5 mill =$900,000.

So, no - they don't pay "exactly the same amount in taxes." The guy making $5 mill is paying 250 TIMES as much tax as the $20K/ann guy.

Still not "fair" enough for you? Fine - we can exclude from taxation ALL income up to a threshold amount - say, the Federal poverty line ($11,170 in 2012, for an individual). Still simple, flat, fair and we can still do that on a 1-page tax return.

Then your $20K/ann guy would be paying 0.18 x ($20K -$11.17K)=$1,589.40 in taxes - less than $5 a day - while Mr. Eeeeevul Rich Guy gets gouged with a 0.18 x ($5 mill -$11,170)=$897,989.40 tax bill - about 565 TIMES what your $20K/year guy pays.

I'm just fine with that, too - how about you?
Harry Potters Grandson

United States

#18538 Apr 15, 2013
No one here has more than half a brain.
Captain Morgan

Danielson, CT

#18539 Apr 15, 2013
Harry Potters Grandson wrote:
No one here has more than half a brain.
And you thought you were gifted with your 1/4 brain! Hah! Go bag to Hogwort - Potter.
voter

New York, NY

#18542 Apr 17, 2013
vote
voter

New York, NY

#18543 Apr 17, 2013
just vote for who u want
Unrelyable

Syracuse, NY

#18544 Apr 18, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah - I was wondering whether we'd see if you ever made it past 6th grade arithmetic. If your handle refers to your math skillz - it's accurate.

No, the guy making $20K/ann pays 0.18 x $20K =$3600. Ten bucks a day.

The guy making $5 mill/ann pays 0.18 x $5 mill =$900,000.

So, no - they don't pay "exactly the same amount in taxes." The guy making $5 mill is paying 250 TIMES as much tax as the $20K/ann guy.

Still not "fair" enough for you? Fine - we can exclude from taxation ALL income up to a threshold amount - say, the Federal poverty line ($11,170 in 2012, for an individual). Still simple, flat, fair and we can still do that on a 1-page tax return.

Then your $20K/ann guy would be paying 0.18 x ($20K -$11.17K)=$1,589.40 in taxes - less than $5 a day - while Mr. Eeeeevul Rich Guy gets gouged with a 0.18 x ($5 mill -$11,170)=$897,989.40 tax bill - about 565 TIMES what your $20K/year guy pays.

I'm just fine with that, too - how about you?
"So, no - they don't pay "exactly the same amount in taxes.""

...Both are paying 18% in taxes... That's, in fact, both parties paying the same amount in taxes... 18%...

Sure, salaries can differ, obviously, but that doesn't negate the fact someone who makes $25,000 a year, paying 18% in taxes is paying the SAME amount in taxes as someone making three million dollars a year... 18%...

"Still not "fair" enough for you?"

Still?? You didn't say anything different... You claim poor and rich people should pay the same tax rate, to which you CONTINUED to argue... And it's STILL not fair, in my opinion...

"I'm just fine with that, too - how about you?"

Obviously not, as MY argument has been, and still is, poor people should not pay the same amount in taxes (rate wise, since you're obviously trying to skew what I'm saying now) as rich people... It's not fair...
Unrelyable

Syracuse, NY

#18545 Apr 18, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah - I was wondering whether we'd see if you ever made it past 6th grade arithmetic. If your handle refers to your math skillz - it's accurate.

No, the guy making $20K/ann pays 0.18 x $20K =$3600. Ten bucks a day.

The guy making $5 mill/ann pays 0.18 x $5 mill =$900,000.

So, no - they don't pay "exactly the same amount in taxes." The guy making $5 mill is paying 250 TIMES as much tax as the $20K/ann guy.

Still not "fair" enough for you? Fine - we can exclude from taxation ALL income up to a threshold amount - say, the Federal poverty line ($11,170 in 2012, for an individual). Still simple, flat, fair and we can still do that on a 1-page tax return.

Then your $20K/ann guy would be paying 0.18 x ($20K -$11.17K)=$1,589.40 in taxes - less than $5 a day - while Mr. Eeeeevul Rich Guy gets gouged with a 0.18 x ($5 mill -$11,170)=$897,989.40 tax bill - about 565 TIMES what your $20K/year guy pays.

I'm just fine with that, too - how about you?
"If your handle refers to your math skillz - it's accurate."

Oh no! Not an insult on topix!

Sorry you don't get the difference between rich people paying less in taxes then poor people. And sorry you confuse tax rates with people's income compared to the tax rate.

But to reiterate, nothing you said negates the fact rich people pay lower tax rates then poor people and that, to me, is not fair...
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#18546 Apr 18, 2013
Unrelyable wrote:
<quoted text>
"So, no - they don't pay "exactly the same amount in taxes.""
...Both are paying 18% in taxes... That's, in fact, both parties paying the same amount in taxes... 18%...
Sure, salaries can differ, obviously, but that doesn't negate the fact someone who makes $25,000 a year, paying 18% in taxes is paying the SAME amount in taxes as someone making three million dollars a year... 18%...
"Still not "fair" enough for you?"
Still?? You didn't say anything different... You claim poor and rich people should pay the same tax rate, to which you CONTINUED to argue... And it's STILL not fair, in my opinion...
"I'm just fine with that, too - how about you?"
Obviously not, as MY argument has been, and still is, poor people should not pay the same amount in taxes (rate wise, since you're obviously trying to skew what I'm saying now) as rich people... It's not fair...
So, extending your logic, your sense of "fair" is that rich people should pay a higher price/gal at the gas pump that poor people, higher prices for food than poor people, higher prices for ballgame tickets for the same seats as poor people, and so on.

"Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen!" - Karl Marx.

Your concept of "fair" is the Marxist one.

I suggest you move to a country more aligned with Marxist ideals.

That isn't "fair" in America.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#18547 Apr 18, 2013
Unrelyable wrote:
<quoted text>
But to reiterate, nothing you said negates the fact rich people pay lower tax rates then poor people and that, to me, is not fair...
I never deied that. I proposed DOING SOMETHING TO CORRECT THAT - specifically, change the tax code so that EVERYONE, rich or not, pays the SAME IDENTICAL tax rate. Rich people would NOT pay any lower tax rate.

Apart from your Marxist bent, what's "unfair" about that?
Remiesong

Danielson, CT

#18551 Apr 18, 2013
Have you guys ever seen the movie Dumb and Dumber? Cuz you sure seem to be debating nothing.
fam

Danielson, CT

#18552 Apr 18, 2013
Lol
Unrelyable

Syracuse, NY

#18553 Apr 19, 2013
Remiesong wrote:
Have you guys ever seen the movie Dumb and Dumber? Cuz you sure seem to be debating nothing.
... If you consider fairer taxes nothing...
Unrelyable

Syracuse, NY

#18554 Apr 19, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>So, extending your logic, your sense of "fair" is that rich people should pay a higher price/gal at the gas pump that poor people, higher prices for food than poor people, higher prices for ballgame tickets for the same seats as poor people, and so on.

"Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen!" - Karl Marx.

Your concept of "fair" is the Marxist one.

I suggest you move to a country more aligned with Marxist ideals.

That isn't "fair" in America.
So, switching the topic from income tax rates to gas prices, food prices, and ball game ticket prices...

Why do I even bother?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Bruser 7,937
Dogwood la 14 hr Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Tue Bruser 2,365
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Mon GODBlessAmerica 11
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 21 Kevywright 56
Mosque at old Citibank location on Bedford?` Dec 20 Frankie 1

Massapequa Park News Video

Massapequa Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Massapequa Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Massapequa Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Massapequa Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:12 am PST

NBC Sports 4:12AM
Thursday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 4:12 AM
Odell Beckham picks up $10,000 fine
NBC Sports 4:41 AM
Rex Ryan thinks Aaron Donald can't hold Sheldon Richardson's jock
NFL 7:57 AM
Geno Smith: I see myself as Jets' QB for a long time
NBC Sports 8:18 AM
Geno Smith: I'm part of the problem, I want to be part of the solution