Tell Us: How Is Your Street Doing?

Tell Us: How Is Your Street Doing?

There are 5 comments on the story from Feb 10, 2013, titled Tell Us: How Is Your Street Doing?. In it, reports that:

Is your street clear of snow? The blizzard dumped 29 inches of snow on the Town of Huntington, including Dix Hills and Melville, on top of a layer of ice.

Join the discussion below, or

Middle Island, NY

#1 Feb 10, 2013
Live in middle island and no state or town plows came through my neighborhood. If it wasn't for the locals with plows, the roads would be impassable. Middle country road is a joke, its more of a parking lot with all the abandoned cars. Finally see some bulldozers trying to clean up the mess in front of Walmart and the Fire Department a few hrs ago. Suppose to get oil delivery Friday, then the oil company said Saturday, now it's Monday, hope I don't run out of oil since I can't even drive to the gas station to buy diseal. All in all I think suffolk county was caught with their pants down with this blizzard.

Bay Shore, NY

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Live in Islip and the roads are a huge mess! No plowing anywhere! So many abandoned vehicles everywhere around. I do not remember it EVER being like this more than 24 hours AFTER a snowstorm! Someone dropped the ball big time.

Stony Brook, NY

#3 Feb 10, 2013
Still no snow plows in sight.....Nesconset.....

Saint James, NY

#4 Feb 10, 2013
No plough seen anywhere in Stony Brook outside of Christian and Cedar. I thought we were prepared???? Sandy was more prepared,and that's saying something. And where does my $22k pa property tax money go???

Lake Grove, NY

#5 Feb 10, 2013
No one snow plow truck today whole day in Nesconset. plowed as much as I could. There is no way I can go to work tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 6 hr Bruser 2,534
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Thu Bruser 8,094
News Newsday replacing some home delivery contractor... (Jun '08) Nov 24 deliverywoes 46
Review: L & E Bagels (Jul '09) Nov 20 Hahahaha 8
News Merrick family uses GPS device as autistic sons... Nov 19 Natasha C 1
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Nov 18 paulm1990 71
Best Image Salon Nov 17 Lisa 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Park Mortgages