Town of Hempstead Sanitation workers Over Paid Under Worked?

Posted in the Massapequa Park Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Angie Cullin

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 25, 2010
Are Town of Hempstead Sanitation workers Over Paid under worked?

Most Sanitation workes finish by 9:30am everyday, They work from 6am to 9:30am and get paid as full time employee's with full benifits.

Working 3 hours and 30 mins everyday M-F most home by 10:00am. Nassau County tax payers front the bill for this. You can see the sanitation employee cars pulling out from the Merrick depot at 1600 Merrick road Merrick NY 11566 everyday the trucks are parked and shut down after being washed by 9:30am.
Kate Murray

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 25, 2010
Well how about the Building Insepectors who have mandatory field day and office day. The Building inspectors for the TOH Town of Hempsead go home and take care of personal business on TOH work time. I think that is stealing and theft of services.
no name

West Milford, NJ

#3 Sep 26, 2010
these guys run their butts off to get done when they get done .Its a tough job,working in all the elements so i think u should find better things to do with your time than watching the sanitation base
House to House

Bradenton, FL

#4 Dec 14, 2010
I have worked sanitation for years out of merrick yard and all routes are not done by 9:30am.I can tell you this much what we do in that time is more than most people do in 3 weeks at work .Some of the guys up 800 to 1200 homes in that time, my hat is off to them GREAT JOB MEN STAY SAFE!!!
House to House

Bradenton, FL

#5 Dec 14, 2010
I have worked sanitation for years out of merrick yard and all routes are not done by 9:30am.I can tell you this much what we do in that time is more than most people do in 3 weeks at work .Some of the guys pick up 800 to 1200 homes in that time, my hat is off to them GREAT JOB MEN STAY SAFE!!!
know the differance

United States

#6 Mar 11, 2011
PRIVATIZE THE SANITATION WORK .
BREAK DOWN THE UNION AND THERE MONOPLY AND EXTRA HIGH WAGES..
Uneducated

Woodhaven, NY

#7 Mar 12, 2011
sanitation is for the uneducated losers of the world.
Mr Spy

Baldwin, NY

#8 May 19, 2011
Angie Cullin a Town Of Hempstead affiliate (close friend of---------->Kate Murray (Town Of Hempstead Supervisor), its amazing how one can be judged on there work from people who have no idea how harsh it is to do sanitation work with unsafe conditions such as motorist speeding pass the garbage truck, while workers are working motorist are honking the horn to get pass because they are late for work in which they should have got up at a earlier time. Trucks that don't have air conditioning in them during the summer (not one truck). If you go to the base at 1600 Merrick road you will see in the office 5-6 workers in white shirts sitting down laughing and joking on constant cigarette breaks reading newspapers and some T.O.H. employees who just go to the store to buy coffee and donuts and breakfast for the office staff all day not doing any physical work. At any given time you will see just about every supervisors truck or car at the base instead of in the routes supervising or assisting with the (Garbage Truck Crew). You have part time seasonal workers who get passed over for full-time employment and a route at any moment just because you are not a member of the "REPUBLICAN CLUB" (East Rockaway). Times are hard and the fact of the matter is that the Part-Time Seasonal workers are who hold the town together when it comes down to Full-Time Employees going out on comp. on vacation or just abusing there time. Its funny how when those workers (Part-time seasonal workers)get praised for there work during christmas 2 weeks later a 33% of them are fired and a new batch is hired. Then the Town Of Hempstead is supposedly broke but have the funds to equip over 80% of the garbage trucks and whits pick-up trucks with GPS systems for tracking so please enlighten me with some type of humor! until next time Mr. Spy
Pissed off

Bronx, NY

#9 Jun 4, 2011
I know what it's like to work for a living but if the men on the routes put a little more effort to keep our streets clean we wouldn't mind they sometimes miss the truck and are in to much of a hurry to clean it up, the little things
Mr Spy

Baldwin, NY

#10 Jun 13, 2011
But did you ever wonder how heavy some of those cans are?
Did you ever get told that any garbage can over 45 gallons is illegal oh the little things.
So maybe the men should just break there backs lifting all those heavy cans and bend over while there back hurts also!
Your right they should clean up after them selves but if the motorist who is honking the damn horn trying to go around the truck while the crew is working while trying to rush to work is constantly pestering the garbage crew how do you expect that?
Do you know how many times a day in the morning a crew member almost get hit by motorist? Its a dangerous job but somebody has to do it right? But that's were the crew comes in and waste tax payers money the same tax payers who complain and don't give a damn about the crews safety!
Were the hell is ANGIE CULLIN or KATE MURRAY since they started this topic? Were is a town representative or spokes person?
Or better yet the new "appointed" commissioner at he is doing all the changes for the sanitation building i love to hear his input.
I got it! maybe i should be up KATE MURRAY @$$ brown nose and get perks like being appointed to a position that im not fit for......
When is the next 30 per calender year Part time/Seasonal employees being hired haven't heard anything about that yet?
I live in Freeport, but don't think I don't talk to the crews and hear their complaints maybe i need to talk to my neighbors and friends about voting for a new supervisor who will do good for the whole town and not just the "REPUBLICANS"!
And I have quite a few friends in MERRICK.....
Mr Spy

Baldwin, NY

#11 Jun 19, 2011
The sanitation department needs to be drug tested not just for alcohol,coke,marijuana but also prescription drugs not just the drivers and helpers but also the bosses in the front office who are supposed to be the heads of the department who are abusing these drugs from what i hear they are high off of pain killers and other drugs and if you give them some you will get all type of favors.....Safety supervisors I hear also abuses alcohol in the morning if you smell
their breathe when speaking with them they are drunk.....
Smarty jones

Budd Lake, NJ

#12 Jul 28, 2011
You guys are idiots if you think thats really Kate and Angie
garbage man

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jan 17, 2012
Uneducated wrote:
sanitation is for the uneducated losers of the world.
somebody GOTTA do it! Ya Momma should be out here with us!!
TOH District 6

Elmont, NY

#14 Mar 2, 2012
Today in Elmont one of district 6 is own beat up his co worker while working! The one worker went to hospital, will anything happen to this committee man that did the assaulting? Let's see
rich

Brentwood, NY

#15 May 6, 2012
Mr Spy wrote:
Angie Cullin a Town Of Hempstead affiliate (close friend of---------->Kate Murray (Town Of Hempstead Supervisor), its amazing how one can be judged on there work from people who have no idea how harsh it is to do sanitation work with unsafe conditions such as motorist speeding pass the garbage truck, while workers are working motorist are honking the horn to get pass because they are late for work in which they should have got up at a earlier time. Trucks that don't have air conditioning in them during the summer (not one truck). If you go to the base at 1600 Merrick road you will see in the office 5-6 workers in white shirts sitting down laughing and joking on constant cigarette breaks reading newspapers and some T.O.H. employees who just go to the store to buy coffee and donuts and breakfast for the office staff all day not doing any physical work. At any given time you will see just about every supervisors truck or car at the base instead of in the routes supervising or assisting with the (Garbage Truck Crew). You have part time seasonal workers who get passed over for full-time employment and a route at any moment just because you are not a member of the "REPUBLICAN CLUB" (East Rockaway). Times are hard and the fact of the matter is that the Part-Time Seasonal workers are who hold the town together when it comes down to Full-Time Employees going out on comp. on vacation or just abusing there time. Its funny how when those workers (Part-time seasonal workers)get praised for there work during christmas 2 weeks later a 33% of them are fired and a new batch is hired. Then the Town Of Hempstead is supposedly broke but have the funds to equip over 80% of the garbage trucks and whits pick-up trucks with GPS systems for tracking so please enlighten me with some type of humor! until next time Mr. Spy
most of sanitation workers are republican cronies in five towns run by Mistero & PARISE THEY PARK THE TRUCK IN MIDDLE OF THE SO NOBODY CAN PASS ,HALF OF THE GARBAGE IS LEFT IN THE STREET BECAUSE THE R IN THE HURRY TO GO HOME.LET THEM WORK 8 HOURS LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE I'M TIRED OF PAYING TAXES FOR THIS BUMS IN THE FIVE TOWN KATE MURRY WAKE UP OR NEWS MEDIA WILL BE IN TOWN
rich

Brentwood, NY

#16 May 6, 2012
House to House wrote:
I have worked sanitation for years out of merrick yard and all routes are not done by 9:30am.I can tell you this much what we do in that time is more than most people do in 3 weeks at work .Some of the guys up 800 to 1200 homes in that time, my hat is off to them GREAT JOB MEN STAY SAFE!!!
GO TELL THIS BULL CRAP TO SOMBODY ELSE U GUYS ARE LOOSERS THAT STEAL TAXE MONEY
Wife of sanitation

Freeport, NY

#17 Jul 22, 2012
Uneducated wrote:
sanitation is for the uneducated losers of the world.
excuse me???? You should be embarrassed of you comment and so should your family!!! How dare you be so arrogant and think your better? Your comment shows how incredibly uneducated you are!!!! These men do a public service and do thing that your pretty little self wouldn't do, and further more couldn't do!!!! How dare you!!!!! If your so tough and educated give me your name and phone number and I can school you on not being an arrogant patronizing unappreciative self untitled jerk.
Wife of sanitation

Freeport, NY

#18 Jul 22, 2012
rich wrote:
<quoted text>GO TELL THIS BULL CRAP TO SOMBODY ELSE U GUYS ARE LOOSERS THAT STEAL TAXE MONEY
So you know what? Just put all those hard working men out of work and take the food out of their kids mouths and the roof from over their heads because you want to save $10 a year?! Why don't you get the right info before opening your mouth and making yourself sound ignorant!!!! You cheap S.O.B!!!! And by the way? Working is not stealing "taxpayers" money!!! They pay taxes too! Why don't you go down to social services and see who's REALLY stealing your money. And... Figure out what to do with you trash once they are out of work. Because the people that you THINK are going to it, don't WANT to and AREN'T going to!!!! You think they are going to work for the same money and do double the work. They are going to do a half ass job, and guess what!!!! YOU WILL STILL be pay TAXES!!!! You know what? YOu all deserve what's going to happen for listening to some sorry lady with nothing better to do but go around trying to make the unemployment rate HIGHER!!!! Guess how much more you pay for all the people on food stamps unemployment and sec 8????? Do your homework and stop being such a follower!!!
Wife of sanitation

Freeport, NY

#19 Jul 22, 2012
Mr Spy wrote:
The sanitation department needs to be drug tested not just for alcohol,coke,marijuana but also prescription drugs not just the drivers and helpers but also the bosses in the front office who are supposed to be the heads of the department who are abusing these drugs from what i hear they are high off of pain killers and other drugs and if you give them some you will get all type of favors.....Safety supervisors I hear also abuses alcohol in the morning if you smell
their breathe when speaking with them they are drunk.....
Dear mr spy, they drug test for EVERYTHING. God what the hell is wrong with you people. Know what your talking about before you speak!!!
Woodmere Resident

Little Neck, NY

#20 Nov 27, 2012
All I can say in regard to this topic is that for years I had very good service from the sanitation workers who took care of the route my home is on. By the same token, I would always give them a little tip during the holiday seasons or come out (If I was around) with cold bottles of water during hot summer days or coffee/hot chocolate on cold days) Now all of a sudden, I have a new crew and they do nothing; I have storm damage garbage still laying in front of my house, my household garbage which are in garbage bags separate from the storm damage materials and are in the driveway are still sitting there and my wife told me she video taped them looking at my garbage then driving off today. How many times must I call the sanitation department which by the way now is either inundated with calls as it is consistently busy or they have simply taken the phone lines and put them in a state so busy signals are all you get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Bruser 7,938
irish mob (Oct '13) 17 hr ClipperHatBoy 31
Dogwood la Wed Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Dec 22 GODBlessAmerica 11
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
Looking for a male english bulldog to mate with... (Feb '13) Dec 21 Kevywright 56

Massapequa Park News Video

Massapequa Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Massapequa Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Massapequa Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Massapequa Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:49 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:49PM
Jets vs. Dolphins: What Are Experts Saying About New York?
Bleacher Report12:04 AM
Jets' Week 17 Preview vs. Dolphins
Bleacher Report 5:04 AM
New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins: Complete Week 17 Preview for Miami
NBC Sports 5:09 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 7:52 AM
Antrel Rolle knows finishing well no guarantee 2015 will be any better for Giants