Frackville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

Mr Clean wrote:
Here is the chemical you need. It is sold at Home Depot, Lowes and local Ace and Tru Value hardware stores. It works and contains no acid. It will eat up the sludge in the cesspool in 15 minutes. It will take longed to aerate your sludge on the bottom though but if you have sludge blocking the main line this will relieve it in an emergency, such as when your mother in law and in laws come to your house, eat like its their last meal and all take dumps in your toilet before trecking home with all the left overs, hence(double billing event)..... Go to this site
Pequa.com
As far as the guage on the side of the truck, it is just a guage with no measurements. It does not note the amount of sludge being pumped into it.
The company charges you for the pumpout and they dont know the amount they are pumping out.
If they did they would tell you and charge accordingly!!!
They dont want you to know, that way they charge you the maximum amount.I dont know anyone who was billed the minimun,if so please tell us, but I doubt it........
It would of made sense it the had measured the amount pumped out on a digital guage so the home owner could verify the amount and pay accordingly.
On a fuel oil truck its registered on the bill. Years ago when they were cheating, they did not reset the guage back to zero, so you paid for oil you did not receive.
Anyway , better regulations are needed on this industry and a proper guage which the customer could see the amount pumped out would be consumer friendly. Enough with this rippoff business.
They do want to sell you a new cesspool and they are pushing this marketing strategy even more now because Babylon Town is offering a low interest loan for the replacement of the cesspool with federal obtained funds.
This past year the groundwater rose so high that alot of people were having backups and some businesses even had water backing through the foundation walls.
With no moretorum on building on Long Island and in low lying areas,the groundwater will contine to rise and underground streams will change course to unsuspecting homeowners with no resolve.
The guage has been on a cesspool truck from the beginning.Lets say they role up with a 3,000 gal tank and the tank is empty.they pump and the foggy clear tube shows level half way up= 1,500 gal.If it was 1/3 level it is 1,000 gal.It not rocket science to figure out how much shit water their removing.Soon every one will have sewers and these scammers will be out of business.Most of them walk around with sommer teeth.They have some teeth on top and some on bottom. Buyer Beware!
Ken

Rego Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Have any of you ever heard of a Carlson System? My understanding is that you have a one over another solids in one and liquid inthe other. Do you know what it should coast to get pumped I don't want to get ripped off.
Thanks,
kidfresh

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

actually cesspools on average depending on the water table in your area hold around 3750 gallons, a septic tank holds 900 gallons buddy...and septic tanks started being used in 1972 paired with a cesspool. before 72' homes had 2 cesspools holding about 5000 gal. combined. do ur research b4 u complain guy!
kidfresh

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

i can def tell you all about carlson systems...they were only used between 74 and 1976 as a space saving system. they are actually a great system. very large. price would vary depending on where u are located. tell me where you are and i can give you a better idea on cost! One more thing!!! do not pump this system, use a system called hydro jetting not many companies have it but i know CDM Cesspool does, give em a call and tell them you were reffered by "Bernie" u will get a great understanding of what you should have done!
kidfresh

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Judged:

Hey honestly there is no need to ever pump a cesspool, hear me out on this... Okay, a cesspool is naturally supposed to drain into the soil beneath it. when your cesspool stopos draining it is because it has developed sludge on the bottom of the pool. by simply pumping the cesspool you do absolutely nothing to restore the drainage back to the pool!!! all that has been done was temporarily fix the problem by removing water and freeing up space!!! the most effecient way to fix a cesspool problem is by a service called HYDROJETTING, its a supercharged form of airration (airration is old school stuff), much better it actually tosses about 6 feet worth of soil at the bottom of the cesspool and the water immediately starts to drain, right away its amazing no need to pump it because it drains like its supposed to! then an acid treatment eats up all the sludge on the sides and bottom. Pumping only prolongs the inevitable!!! anyway i always use CDM Cesspool great company and one of the few that actually do an honest job and one of the few who actually have hydrojetting available!... i own about a dozen homes in long island and i used to get pumped all the time Hydrojetting has saved me a fortune and i have never really had to worry anymore about the cesspool at all.
Carlos

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2010

Interesting info Mr Clean specially the last part, you guys can also made a home hydrojet sistem with a 1/2 inch pipe(gas pipe) and an adapter to an air compresor hose, after that trow the sulfuric acid, you'll be good with two 10ft sections, coupling and the adapter, ( around $25 budget), next day check the level and throw 8-10 gallons sulfuric acid (be carefull with this, wear gloves and googles,) trought the vent (if you have one) over the cesspool, never inside of the house
john

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

Mr Clean wrote:
Here is the chemical you need. It is sold at Home Depot, Lowes and local Ace and Tru Value hardware stores. It works and contains no acid. It will eat up the sludge in the cesspool in 15 minutes. It will take longed to aerate your sludge on the bottom though but if you have sludge blocking the main line this will relieve it in an emergency, such as when your mother in law and in laws come to your house, eat like its their last meal and all take dumps in your toilet before trecking home with all the left overs, hence(double billing event)..... Go to this site
Pequa.com
As far as the guage on the side of the truck, it is just a guage with no measurements. It does not note the amount of sludge being pumped into it.
The company charges you for the pumpout and they dont know the amount they are pumping out.
If they did they would tell you and charge accordingly!!!
They dont want you to know, that way they charge you the maximum amount.I dont know anyone who was billed the minimun,if so please tell us, but I doubt it........
It would of made sense it the had measured the amount pumped out on a digital guage so the home owner could verify the amount and pay accordingly.
On a fuel oil truck its registered on the bill. Years ago when they were cheating, they did not reset the guage back to zero, so you paid for oil you did not receive.
Anyway , better regulations are needed on this industry and a proper guage which the customer could see the amount pumped out would be consumer friendly. Enough with this rippoff business.
They do want to sell you a new cesspool and they are pushing this marketing strategy even more now because Babylon Town is offering a low interest loan for the replacement of the cesspool with federal obtained funds.
This past year the groundwater rose so high that alot of people were having backups and some businesses even had water backing through the foundation walls.
With no moretorum on building on Long Island and in low lying areas,the groundwater will contine to rise and underground streams will change course to unsuspecting homeowners with no resolve.
The chemical is called "Super CessFlo " from pequa and it does a pretty good job.
zack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Judged:

LOOKING FOR CESSPOOL HELP READ HERE. A cesspool is simply a draining resiwar that consist of sand that will drain your waste. It's best to have a septic tank that will separate your solids and liquids. If not you will find your cesspool filling up if its not serviced right . The proper service is 2000 gallons pumped. Hyrdrojeting and sulfiric acid. No its not cheap. But they don't make a lot In Profit. It cost nearly 225$ to dump there trucks and they still have to pay for acid and diesel In Their trucks. So if the company spends 300 to do th right job for you and charges you 475 its a fair price . Some company's will do it cheaper. Your cesspool fills up because its not draining no more do to the concret like waste on the bottom of your cesspool. It needs that proper service that I described before. They pump witch removes the solids that originaly clogged your cesspool and hydrojet witch brakes up the solids at the bottom and causes your cesspool to function how it should. The final step is sulfiric acid. 100% of sulfiric acid not that homedepo crap! The acid will brake down most of the solids and your cesspool is back into working order. There trucks cost nearly 150,000$ its not a cheap service but if done right it will work . GOOGLE AAA DEPENDABLE CESSPOOLS. THEY DO THE JOB RIGHT! WITH 7 PEOPLE IN MY HOUSE IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS WITH THE SERVICE AND STILL WORKING! NOW REMEMBER THIS IS 2011 PRICES WENT UP . BE CHEAP AND YOU'LL GET CHEAP BUT IT'S YOUR MONEY YOUR DECISION.
Craped On

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

SCAM ALERT.... SCAM ALERT!!!!!!
SUFFOLK COUNTY CESSPOOLS Do NOT use them, talked to him on the phone got a price for just pumping and a price for pump/airation & chemicals. He also said if I pay cash there would be no tax!!! HMMMMMMM
well, He showed up with his kids 10 & 15 HMMMMMM
The guy tells me I HAVE to have the airation & chemicals for it to work hhhhhmmmmmmm
They pumped the top of the tank using the short wand... stick a large one down and says its airated.... NEVER pumping the bottom of the tank.
OH and he has his kids carry and pour the chemicals.??????? is this real acid???? would you let your son handle those chemicals???

Watch out for this scammer!!
Craped On

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

***IRS should investigate SUFFOLK COUNTY CESSPOOLS***

OFFERING NO TAX IF YOU PAY CASH, THIS IS TURNING INTO A CASH BUSINESS AVOIDING PAYING HIS FAIR SHARE OF TAXES Actually gets pissed I paid with check!

------- SHAME ON YOU SUFFOLK COUNTY CESSPOOL-----
cesspool girl

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

If you still have a cesspool guarantee you live in 1/2 a Ghetto.

cesspool are only for trashy Suffolk county towns with savages as residents.
Missmy sewers

Park Ridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

3 years ago we bought a house in Ronkonkoma that was built in 1955. Being from nassau, we know nothing about cesspools. A company came and aerated and added chemicals. He said the cesspool was so old, he was afraid it wouldn't withstand a pumping. That pumping vibrates the form and ours is so old he didn't want to risk cracking it. We paid $275 for the visit. Our washing machine drains better now, but after reading some posts, I'm afraid we got scammed. Should it be pumped? Does age have anything to do with it? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.
fixitkev

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Just by coincidence I found this forum....Just had pool pumped today...No problem with it but more as a precaution and my neighbor had problems with his and it was on my mind. Didn't know much about the system I had. Moved in 3 years ago and had concerns. Did research about soapy water etc...I got the same line $125 per 1000gal with a minimum of 20000gal...$60 to aerate it and a recommendation for 20 gallons of acid at $40 per 5 gallons...I took 10 gallons....I watched the whole process....they pumped and water level went down....they aerated by injecting some water back in through a long pipe and water level came back up a bit.....don't really know how much sludge they took....definitely did not take 2000 gal ...it wasn't as if they suction hose was moved along the bottom vacuming up sludge from entire bottom....I did find out that I have a precast pool that is not orignal to house......
fixitkev

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

As far as the acid.....two five gallon containers unmarked that looked like they are used and refilled from larger container. The guy had no protective equipment on....just poured it in..it was clear liquid that looked thicker then water...correction from last post.... it was a 2000 gal minimum not 20000.....
John

Englishtown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Judged:

One word. Cessflow. Get it at home depot and save itself buckets of cash. It really really works.
vinny - deer park

Putnam Valley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

Judged:

John wrote:
One word. Cessflow. Get it at home depot and save itself buckets of cash. It really really works.
been using cessflow for years with great success .... i put in 4 gals every year the morning we are leaving for vacation .... 7 days with no water and the 4 gallons of cessflow = no problems for 10 plus years ..... total cost is 100 buck a year. well worth it
Bernie

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

do not use cessflo it is explosive...2 explosions this year while servicing a cesspool both individuals whom i know! if you use it do it at your own risk! suffolk county liquid waste management is pushing to have this stuff pulled from shelves as i am typing this!
Common Sense

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Sure.... waste your $$$$$$ on cess-flow..
Crapped On

West Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

How about me paying for cesspool to be pumped and finding out dude is pumping my wife instead. Turns out he doesn't always pump cesspool and it backed up a week after he was "here". Called office and receptionist said she was new as owners GF just quit after catching him cheating. I guess he was billing to cover why he was going to my house as GF was maintaining schedule.

New meaning to hershey highway.
cesspool

West Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Fixit Tommy wrote:
Go to Home Depot or the like and go to the cesspool chemical section and buy 2-3-4-5 gallons of the acid at 20 dollars a gallon. Put it in the cesspool via the closest toilet, its usually full of human waste and not water. Use the toilets sparingly for a day or two. If the level drops you are successful in saving 200 bucks. The enzymes in the chemicals are having a food feast.
If you could install a cap somehow to gain acess to the cesspool, treat the pool once every two or three months, it will never overflow.
Never ever put acid in a toilet, the heat generated from the chemical reaction usually causes the porcelain to crack or explode! I understand times are tough, but you should never attempt to treat your cesspool yourself! I have been riding with my father since I was five years old, I know more about cesspools and drainage than most of the companies your talking about put together! I have built and managed my own company for ten years now! It is in fact expensive to run a cesspool company, one truck costs almost $200,000. and up, the dump fees are not cheap, insurance(general liability, and auto), licenses, rent or mortgage, and fuel costs are ridiculous I've spent $500 in a day in one truck, valves freeze in the winter! I had a cesspool collapse underneath me on more than one occasion! Hydro jetting and/or aeration are two processes that do help your cesspool, they are not a scam! The company you choose however, can be a scam! ie notreally! Cesspool capacity will depend on the amount of people originally anticipated to reside in your home! If you have a house that was originally designed for people in 1950's, you most likely have a smaller capacity system, location can also play a role in the size of a system! Some areas you have to dig deep to install, cause that's where the good sand is! I am glad my customers don't sound like any of you, I pride myself on my word, and my work! I encourage my customers to see exactly what I'm doing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of56
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Massapequa Park News Video

•••
Massapequa Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Massapequa Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••