First Prev
of 4
Next Last
retired civil servant

AOL

#1 Sep 2, 2007
Since when have cesspool businesses in the North Babylon/Deer Park area charged such outrageous prices and sell you a line of sludge with their service.
They quote one price, ask another upon arrival and walk away if you are not desperate.
One scam is quoting for 1,000 gallons but charge for a minimum of 2,000 gallons. Guess what? A cesspool holds less then 900 gallons, so how do they charge for something you don't even have?
Next is aeration service, which is a water line hooked up from your garden hose or a pressure washer. Do you need this service, hell no.
Next time you call a cesspool company , you may be talking to Tony Soprano, waste management..good luck with these scammers.
dubs

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 25, 2009
the average cesspool holds about 3,500 gallons. that consist of 2 4x8 rings a dome. airation is something you must do because its the main ingrediant you need to restore your cesspools drainage. airating breaks up all the sludge on the bottom of the pool and helps restore the drainage. finally you need chemicals, should use about 10 gallons of sulfuric acid and go east on the water for 2 days.
Retired Civil Servant

AOL

#3 Apr 4, 2009
Dubs, Your somewhat correct.
Realize the truck that arrives at your house or business does not have a pump guage. You have no idea what amount of sludge that is being pumped from your yard into the truck. They charge a minimum amout of $200 per pump. Guess what, you end up being charged xxxx amount of money. THE NEW TRICK IS AS FOLLOWS.
The truck arrives. He says he can only pump enough to get you going because"HIS TRUCK IS ALMOST FULL"
He leave but never pumps the entire cesspool but charges you the max amount.
You call the next day or so to get the remainder pumped and are charged another full amount.
SCAM,SCAM,SCAM.
Also, note that no cesspool company tells you what the charge is for pumping your cesspool any more. Why? because they are all members of the united cesspool club.
What you end up doing is spending alot of money on a scammer business.
Bull Dog

AOL

#4 Apr 11, 2009
I have to agree with you, Retired Civil Servant. I had the same CRAPPY experience, more then once.
Sea Hunt

AOL

#5 Apr 15, 2009
I agree with civil servant.

WHY IS IT THAT THESE TRUCKS DONT HAVE A CONSUMER MOUNTED GAUGE SO THE HOMEOWNER COULD CHECK HOW MUCH SEWAGE COMES INTO THE TRUCK? THEY ALWAYS TELL YOU THE MAX AMOUNT AND ??????

IF THEY BLAME THE COUNTY GOVERNMENT FOR THE HIGH FEE, WHY DOESNT THE COUNTY SEND THE HOMEOWNER A RECEIPT THAT THE SEWAGE WAS DISPOSED OF LEGALLY IN A MUNICIPAL FACILITY??????????
jack

Cape May, NJ

#6 Dec 7, 2009
dubs wrote:
the average cesspool holds about 3,500 gallons. that consist of 2 4x8 rings a dome. airation is something you must do because its the main ingrediant you need to restore your cesspools drainage. airating breaks up all the sludge on the bottom of the pool and helps restore the drainage. finally you need chemicals, should use about 10 gallons of sulfuric acid and go east on the water for 2 days.
where do you get the acid??? what strength??? do i empty the water out first, then pump air in there then pour acid down??? any help would be appreciated...
Fixit Tommy

AOL

#7 Dec 12, 2009
Go to Home Depot or the like and go to the cesspool chemical section and buy 2-3-4-5 gallons of the acid at 20 dollars a gallon. Put it in the cesspool via the closest toilet, its usually full of human waste and not water. Use the toilets sparingly for a day or two. If the level drops you are successful in saving 200 bucks. The enzymes in the chemicals are having a food feast.
If you could install a cap somehow to gain acess to the cesspool, treat the pool once every two or three months, it will never overflow.
unique

Freeport, NY

#8 Feb 12, 2010
fixit tommy...thanks for your info coz u will save me $255.88 every months just for emptying my overflow cesspool. GBu
unique

Freeport, NY

#9 Feb 12, 2010
my cesspool company is honest to me though. we have been using their service since a long time ago. our cesspool is only 1000 gallons and they always empty it for us. no other excuse that their truck is full or any other crab.
joe

Union City, NJ

#10 Apr 6, 2010
unique--who is your cesspool company?
HONEST ABE

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Apr 19, 2010
What is your regular bill for service and what company is it? With all the rain we had there trying to sell people new cesspools . The poor homeowner dont even know there lying!!!
unique wrote:
my cesspool company is honest to me though. we have been using their service since a long time ago. our cesspool is only 1000 gallons and they always empty it for us. no other excuse that their truck is full or any other crab.
retire civil servant

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Apr 19, 2010
after spending 800 bucks, I now have a 20 foot pole that I punch holes in the sluge and add super cess pool flow from home depot into the cesspool directly.
I refuse to be ripped off ever again!!!
MMC Engineering

Bethpage, NY

#13 Jun 27, 2010
RE the gauge comment . Most newer pumping trucks have a site glass conspicuosly displayed btw the cab and the tank onthe truck. Just check it when the guy arrives and when he's done. And use a reputable outfit (ie Citywide)
DEPENDABLE CESS POOLS

Pompton Plains, NJ

#14 Aug 16, 2010
Dino From dependable cesspools spent more time explaning how a cess pool works and educating me then working. Realy great service!
zack

Pompton Plains, NJ

#15 Aug 16, 2010
Fixit Tommy wrote:
Go to Home Depot or the like and go to the cesspool chemical section and buy 2-3-4-5 gallons of the acid at 20 dollars a gallon. Put it in the cesspool via the closest toilet, its usually full of human waste and not water. Use the toilets sparingly for a day or two. If the level drops you are successful in saving 200 bucks. The enzymes in the chemicals are having a food feast.
If you could install a cap somehow to gain acess to the cesspool, treat the pool once every two or three months, it will never overflow.
never works! its only 15% sulferic acid .cesspool companys bring 100% and no u can not dilute it! it will react.
Frank

Uniondale, NY

#16 Aug 16, 2010
This whole topic is full of crap.
taxpayer

Brightwaters, NY

#17 Aug 16, 2010
Several years ago i went to a place on rte 25 near St James and was able to buy carboys of acid and put it in myself.I am sure a google search will show if there are outlets where you can buy the stuff.I think I had to pay a depost and bring the containers back.
taxpayer

Brightwaters, NY

#18 Aug 16, 2010
Part 2: This cured my problem and after that I put in a small dry well for the washing machine and tub/shower drains only. That was 35+ years ago and never had a problem again.
Handyman Suffolk

Basking Ridge, NJ

#19 Sep 6, 2010
100% Sulfuric acid is VERY DANGEROUS stuff.
If water spill into it or you (god forbid) add water to the acid it will spit/blast out at you and burn you badly. The old axiom:
"DO AS YOU AUDDA, ADD ACID TO WATER"
NEVER dilute the acid, you want it as strong as possible.
Acid NEVER contains enzymes or bacteria, it eats away the solids by burning/decomposing them since it is so vicious stuff. WEAR GLOVES, GOGGLES, APRON, BOOTS! It will burn your skin right off.
NEVER pour concentrated acid into your toilet or anywhere inside your house, it burn the solids to the pipes and eventually if you do it enough, your pipes will be ruined.
You must UNCOVER the cesspool and pour the acid directly into the pool. OR... You can cut your main line outside near the house and install a clean out, just a sloped "T" and a pipe to the surface with a cap. Cool for snaking the main without making a mess inside your house and for acid treatments.
Mr Clean

AOL

#20 Sep 28, 2010
Here is the chemical you need. It is sold at Home Depot, Lowes and local Ace and Tru Value hardware stores. It works and contains no acid. It will eat up the sludge in the cesspool in 15 minutes. It will take longed to aerate your sludge on the bottom though but if you have sludge blocking the main line this will relieve it in an emergency, such as when your mother in law and in laws come to your house, eat like its their last meal and all take dumps in your toilet before trecking home with all the left overs, hence(double billing event)..... Go to this site
Pequa.com
As far as the guage on the side of the truck, it is just a guage with no measurements. It does not note the amount of sludge being pumped into it.
The company charges you for the pumpout and they dont know the amount they are pumping out.
If they did they would tell you and charge accordingly!!!
They dont want you to know, that way they charge you the maximum amount.I dont know anyone who was billed the minimun,if so please tell us, but I doubt it........
It would of made sense it the had measured the amount pumped out on a digital guage so the home owner could verify the amount and pay accordingly.
On a fuel oil truck its registered on the bill. Years ago when they were cheating, they did not reset the guage back to zero, so you paid for oil you did not receive.
Anyway , better regulations are needed on this industry and a proper guage which the customer could see the amount pumped out would be consumer friendly. Enough with this rippoff business.
They do want to sell you a new cesspool and they are pushing this marketing strategy even more now because Babylon Town is offering a low interest loan for the replacement of the cesspool with federal obtained funds.
This past year the groundwater rose so high that alot of people were having backups and some businesses even had water backing through the foundation walls.
With no moretorum on building on Long Island and in low lying areas,the groundwater will contine to rise and underground streams will change course to unsuspecting homeowners with no resolve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lynbrook PD: Prostitution Arrests at Capri, Ide... (Feb '13) 11 hr Worried 6
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 12 hr Bruser 2,286
Cops: Wedding Band, Watches Stolen from Lifetim... (Sep '13) 23 hr DUB STEP 2
Review: Bella Fence Company (Sep '13) Sat Judy 9
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sat Bruser 7,886
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Stan Stasiak 16,786
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sep 12 positronium 6,427
•••

Massapequa Park News Video

•••
Massapequa Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Massapequa Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••