Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.
Comments
7,361 - 7,380 of 7,874 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8800 Jan 24, 2013
Protectchildren here is excerps and the full
article by "The Roman Catholic Faithful"
A very, very long time ago a pagan Greek philosopher suggested that 90% of you would not like what I'm about to say, but I do ask you to read it all and I pray that you will consider it honestly. First you must realize that we are living in the most evil of all the ages. Read your newspaper. I will take only one example - abortion. We have killed more children than any people in history, and no one else is even in the ballpark! Hitler, Stalin and the other monsters of history must peek through the flames of Hell and gaze in awe and professional admiration at the level of our barbarity. We have found a way to kill children and vote for those who protect the abortionist and we still go to Church on Sunday. We can read from the Bible about the terrible things God said about those who would harm His "little ones" and never connect those words to our own final judgment. I remember being horrified when I read in school about the Aztec Indians throwing children alive into the fire as a sacrifice to their god. How barbaric! But count the numbers. What is the output of the abortion clinics in this country each day? Who are the barbarians? Who are the monsters? At least the Aztecs will have the excuse that they thought they were serving God. What excuse will we have?

As followers of Christ and members of His Church we must stand in opposition to evil! There is a very real conflict, a "spiritual warfare" that the followers of Jesus are called to take up. This is revealed with crystalline clarity in all forms of revelation. God calls His followers to reject the ways of this world and follow him. This warfare is not for the weak or the faint of heart, and many are simply not capable. St. Thomas Aquinas said, "Grace builds on Nature." That is why the Israelites spent 40 years in the desert. A generation of slaves with a slave's mentality had to die off and a new people, strong and toughened by the harsh life of the desert had to rise up. Most Catholics today seem to be like those slaves. They are simply not capable of dealing with the truth. And the truth is that the evil that is everywhere in this world is also deep within the Church. Pope Leo the XIII noticed it and composed the "Prayer to St. Michael". Pope Paul VI proclaimed that the "Smoke of Satan has entered the sanctuary"! Throughout the history of the Church it has always been those who are within that have caused the most damage. Remember that Judas was a bishop and nearly all the heresies that have ravaged the Church throughout history have come from priests and bishops. In an earlier age we were better equipped to deal with this evil and protect the truth. No less a Saint than St. John Chrysostom said, "The floor of hell is paved with the skulls of bishops!"

This evil has festered and grown because it has been promoted and protected by a false spirituality with its roots in the "spirit of Vatican II". An astounding and diabolical pride has allowed us to turn away from the spiritual values that have made saints for 2000 years to embrace a false theology promoted by a false church and presenting a false god. This new god simply blesses whatever our desires, passions, and appetites crave. This god wants us to be happy and such things as sacrifice; penance and self-discipline are non-values. This is the god of the "group hug", "we are the church", and if you complain - "Don't be judgmental" This "god" is a god of love, but not the burning self-sacrificing love we see on the cross, but a phony and sick imitation, a daytime TV talk show morality, which is preached from too many pulpits and is fooling "even the elect"! It's a god for slaves and enslavement. It has found a home deep in the heart of the Church and the Church seems incapable of dealing with it!.........etc.

http://www.rcf.org/docs/bluntwordscatholics.h...

Location hidden

#8805 Jan 27, 2013
Defend life, stop the euthanasia of helpless, innocent, unborn angels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8807 Jan 27, 2013
HARTFORD, Conn.— To onlookers, Monsignor Kevin Wallin’s fall from grace at his Connecticut parish was like something out of “Breaking Bad,” the television series about a high school chemistry teacher who becomes a methamphetamine lord.
The suspended Roman Catholic priest was arrested on federal drug charges this month for allegedly having methamphetamine mailed to him from co-conspirators in California and making more than $300,000 in drugs sales out of his apartment in Waterbury in the second half of last year.
Along the way, authorities said, he bought a small adult video and sex toy shop in the nearby town of North Haven named “Land of Oz & Dorothy’s Place,” apparently to launder all the money he was making. He has pleaded not guilty, and jury selection in his trial is scheduled to begin March 21.
On social media sites, people couldn’t help but compare Wallin with Walter White, the main character on “Breaking Bad” who was making so much cash that he and his wife bought a car wash to launder their profits. He has also been dubbed in some media as “Monsignor Meth.”
Wallin, 61, was the pastor of St. Augustine Parish in Bridgeport for nine years until he resigned in June 2011, citing health and personal problems. He previously served six years as pastor of St. Peter’s Church in Danbury until 2002.
He was granted a sabbatical in July 2011. The Diocese of Bridgeport suspended him from public ministry last May.
Diocesan officials become concerned about Wallin in the spring of 2011 after complaints about his appearance and erratic behavior, diocese spokesman Brian Wallace told the Connecticut Post.
Some reports of his behavior were startling.
“We became aware that he was acting out sexually — with men — in the church rectory,” Wallace told the newspaper, adding that church officials deemed the sexual behavior unbecoming of a priest and asked Wallin to resign.
Wallace didn’t return several messages left by The Associated Press.
“News of Monsignor Kevin Wallin’s arrest comes with a sense of shock and concern on the part of the diocese and the many people of Fairfield County who have known him as a gifted, accomplished and compassionate priest,” the diocese said in a statement on Jan. 16 after learning about Wallin’s arrest.“We ask for prayers for Monsignor Wallin during the difficult days ahead for him.”
Wallin’s arrest called attention to larger problems within the church, said Voice of the Faithful in the Diocese of Bridgeport, one of many local chapters of the lay organization formed in response to the sexual abuse crisis in the church.
“Catholics have to ask whether the mandatory obligation of celibacy imposes a harmful burden on priests and whether women ought to be admitted to the priesthood,” the group said in a statement.“The steady decline in the number of priests, the aging of priests, the terrible sin of pedophilia among priests, and the downfall of Monsignor Wallin are all signs of a sickness in the priesthood. It is time to seek a remedy for this awful malady that threatens the Eucharist,
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8808 Jan 27, 2013
Protectchildren wrote:
Here's the link for the news article on father Damien going to ny
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Vancouver+ar...
Sad if they knew the history & put others at risk, ultimately having it happen again in NY to another girl before he was removed and transferred yet again to a new pool of victims
every day another revelation of the criminals in our church. Disgust and anger should be in the hearts of every catholic.

The bishops and the cardinal are corrupt to THE CORE

WHEN WILLTHEY CLEANUP THEIR DISGUSTING BEHAVIORS??

WNEN!!!!

Location hidden

#8809 Jan 28, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>every day another revelation of the criminals in our church. Disgust and anger should be in the hearts of every catholic.
The bishops and the cardinal are corrupt to THE CORE
WHEN WILL THEY CLEANUP THEIR DISGUSTING BEHAVIORS??
WHEN!!!!
It is heart sickening Frank, to think we would live to see this happening, and thanks to the Media it is more and more explored, as they love to put the spotlight on the catholics. There are probably many more in other religions that have the same problems. The beginning of these problems is the Bishops as they are more concerned with Money than anything else. Sounds like those in charge do not know how to live within their means, just like the American Government. How nice that Bishop Murphy is expanding his domain in RVC with new buildings and expansions, and at the same time closing Catholic Schools. The Apostles had the same problem at the beginning when the faith was expanding. They realized that they could not do everything themselves and voted to put reliable people in charge of the money, so that they could concentrate on their main job which was the faith, and saving souls. Meanwhile they are keeping the SSPX out of the full embracing of the church, for the reason that they are "Too conservative", and do not approve of he actions of the Vatican Council, the Cardinals, the Bishops, and the Pastors, and refuse to be silent about this. Has it become too hard for them to do their jobs properly? Then leave the job, and not be phonies about it. I pray every night that our Lord will intercede, and help our church, as the roofs are leaking, the walls are falling apart, and our foundations are starting to crumble. The Pope to whom Jesus entrusted his church, had better concentrate more on putting the church back in order, not to concentrate on being an administrator, and not to trust his advisors and councils, and to trust only Jesus. I feel that the SSPX would act as the conscience of the Church, instead of pandering to other religions and making nice, and sitting in Jewish synagogues, sitting and listening to African Witch Doctors call down their false gods does not set a good example. Wow, sound off the wall that we should be taught to follow our religion as it had been taught for over 2000 years? Yes I guess I am because I believe in following our laws as they were written, not as liberals love to re-interpret them. I must follow as I feel led to believe, and be able to look myself in the mirror, and feel that I am doing the right thing.
The Devil has many weapons, and seeks out our weakness continuously without rest, and will infiltrate our minds and bodies as soon as we left down our guards. May our Lord and Savior protect us, and have St Michael aide us in our needs.
Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8811 Jan 29, 2013
The church has embraced the same destructive policy's as our government has
Anything goes-no matter what the behavior. Abortion is the biggest evil in our society as is this embracing "alternative life styles". The current generation is bereft of values the reality tv crap that glorifies disgusting behavior is a prime example. People have no sense of shame anymore
They love Obama because he is there god, never looking ahead of the unintended consequences of this lack of a a moral compass
Very tragic and sad
Frank

Location hidden

#8812 Jan 29, 2013
Frank wrote:
Anything goes-no matter what the behavior. Abortion is the biggest evil in our society as is this embracing "alternative life styles". The current generation is bereft of values the reality tv crap that glorifies disgusting behavior is a prime example. People have no sense of shame anymore
They love Obama because he is there god, never looking ahead of the unintended consequences of this lack of a a moral compass
Very tragic and sad
Frank
I just read an email stating that a New York representative has proposed the repeal of the 22nd amendment to the Constitution, which only allows any president 2 terms in office. The sender believes that Obama will get this passed and continue in office until 2020. Catholics that voted for Obama (52%) have no allegiance to the Catholic faith anymore. They have been conditioned from the 1950's by the Communists infiltrating our school system,and unleashing Pedophiles, and Homosexuals, in to our Church. The government will take over every phase of our lives by their controlling through regulations, everything that we can and can not do. Tell everyone you know that we must pray in earnest every day that almighty GOD intervenes, and changes the thoughts of every catholic by sending the Holy Spirit to renew the Catholic Church. A majority of Catholics do not even want to know about their souls and Hell, just to satisfy their feelings, and the lusts of their bodies. Lord have mercy on them, as the people responsible to guide them have become the problem, and will suffer greatly after their lives end, and they must pay for all of the mis-leading, and the loss of souls they have created. Instead of leading those souls to the light, they are leading them to Hell.
Stay fast in your beliefs and faith my friend.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

#8814 Jan 29, 2013
Lou Gia

United States

#8815 Jan 29, 2013
Frank wrote:
Very tragic and sad
Frank
Morality is out the window. And people see all of this garbage constantly like with this latest cross dressing drug dealing priest having sex with men in the Rectory, or they read how Cardinal Mahoney KNEW these priests were raping little boys and he protected the priests?? No wonder people lose faith in the Catholic Church and the leadership. Why doesn't Pope Benedict come out strongly against all of this?
On another note, Thank God Anthony the EM has stopped with his vile pro abortion, liberal posts here. As soon as Toni Pom Pom asked her friends to post the Anthony the EM Prayer Page on their Facebook pages, it exploded! The increase in people praying for Anthony, his wife and family and their comments are unbelievable. Even though he's still running after his "buddy" Msgr. Jim like a lovesick boy, and ready to jump and do any handy work Msgr. needs, he must have seen that his behavior needs to change and that's at least a sign of hope that he's no longer on here. Thanks to Toni Pom Pom and the beautiful prayer page with photos that she created for Anthony the EM, and for not giving up on him.
WestHempsteadGal

Bay Shore, NY

#8817 Jan 29, 2013
Lou Gia wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is out the window. And people see all of this garbage constantly like with this latest cross dressing drug dealing priest having sex with men in the Rectory, or they read how Cardinal Mahoney KNEW these priests were raping little boys and he protected the priests?? No wonder people lose faith in the Catholic Church and the leadership. Why doesn't Pope Benedict come out strongly against all of this?
On another note, Thank God Anthony the EM has stopped with his vile pro abortion, liberal posts here. As soon as Toni Pom Pom asked her friends to post the Anthony the EM Prayer Page on their Facebook pages, it exploded! The increase in people praying for Anthony, his wife and family and their comments are unbelievable. Even though he's still running after his "buddy" Msgr. Jim like a lovesick boy, and ready to jump and do any handy work Msgr. needs, he must have seen that his behavior needs to change and that's at least a sign of hope that he's no longer on here. Thanks to Toni Pom Pom and the beautiful prayer page with photos that she created for Anthony the EM, and for not giving up on him.
And now the Boy Scouts will most likely accept openly gay men as leaders> Nobody is saying that all gay men are pedophiles, but why attract people like that who are looking for situations to get close to boys? And next, the Boy Scouts will probably be forced to accept Atheists. As it is now Atheists are excused from saying "under God" in the Boy Scout oath. We're removing God from everything and embracing values that we shouldn't. The Church only addresses what it wants while people go around aimlessly following the wrong people. Lou, I'm also very glad to see that Anthony has stopped posting here. That is a good sign and a testament to Toni Pom Pom's Prayer Group for Anthony the EM. You're right, it really has grown and the prayers for him must be helping.
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8818 Jan 30, 2013
We live in sad time, that's for sure. The disappearance on Anthony from this forum is indication of the power of prayer!

God bless Toni for her intervention for Anthony

Imagine the power if every true catholic stood up and gave witness to Jesus!

We will, as a nation, continue to fall to evil and accept any disgusting behavior I don't have much hope ....
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

#8819 Jan 30, 2013
Frank wrote:
We live in sad time, that's for sure. The disappearance on Anthony from this forum is indication of the power of prayer!
We will, as a nation, continue to fall to evil and accept any disgusting behavior I don't have much hope ....
All that you say is true Frank, I have said long ago before I had even started posting (roughly 15 years), that I had believed that we are in the end times. Jesus said "no one knows the times of these things to happen but the father" , but he also said to observe the season. When you see the leaves fall off the fig tree, you know that winter is coming. So true I have believed that the Apostasy is ushering in the coming of catholic winter. when the Anti-Christ will make himself known only GOD the Father knows.
I have children, grandchildren, and a great grandson(through marriage) that I worry about, and we have tried to prepare them by having a strong Catholic faith in our family. My Daughter and her family would say the Rosary together with her husband and her family. That is all we can do is to guide them, and pray, as Toni
Pom Pom has done, and believe that God will aide us, and do what is good for us.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

#8822 Feb 1, 2013
Today bring to Me the Souls who are in the prison of Purgatory,

and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice."

Most Merciful Jesus, You Yourself have said that You desire mercy; so I bring into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls in Purgatory, souls who are very dear to You, and yet, who must make retribution to Your justice. May the streams of Blood and Water which gushed forth from Your Heart put out the flames of Purgatory, that there, too, the power of Your mercy may be celebrated.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls suffering in Purgatory, who are enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. I beg You, by the sorrowful Passion of Jesus Your Son, and by all the bitterness with which His most sacred Soul was flooded: Manifest Your mercy to the souls who are under Your just scrutiny. Look upon them in no other way but only through the Wounds of Jesus, Your dearly beloved Son; for we firmly believe that there is no limit to Your goodness and compassion. Amen.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#8823 Feb 1, 2013
Frank wrote:
Go f*** yourself, Frankie. Not gone, just have lots of better things to do than stalk EMs at OLL and post non-stop bullshit on forums devoted to the lunatic fringe.
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#8824 Feb 1, 2013
Statement on Obama Administration’s Next Step to Implement Contraceptive Coverage

Washington, D.C.– Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, said the Obama administration’s new regulations to implement the contraceptive-coverage policy reinforce the White House’s commitment to women’s health.

Based on an initial review, NARAL Pro-Choice America is optimistic that these new draft regulations will make near-universal contraceptive coverage a reality.

“Today’s draft regulation affirms yet again the Obama administration’s commitment to fulfilling the full promise of its historic contraception policy,” said Hogue.“Thanks to this commitment, most American women will get birth-control coverage without extra expense. Increased access to birth control is a huge win for women and is necessary to prevent unintended pregnancy--a goal on which both pro-choice and anti-choice people ought to agree.”

Hogue also said her organization’s member activists continue to take public action in support of the administration’s contraceptive-coverage policy. Last year, NARAL Pro-Choice America spent approximately $250,000 to air radio ads in support of the policy.

“Our ultimate goal is to improve the lives of all women by providing them the freedom to choose when and whether to have children,” Hogue continued.“We will watch closely as the policy is implemented by health plans in the coming months to ensure this regulation will do just that.”
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8825 Feb 2, 2013
Bruser, Lou , WHG et al

.. We all aware that Anthony has been reading our posts despite his sabbatical from this forum. He can't help himself. The under developed pre teen personality makes it impossible for him to control his impulses. Cursing and pathetic crush on the pastor.

The impulse to throw a tantrum has over taken his beleaguered emotions.
Dispute his nonsense,we will all continue to pray for Anthony and Jackie and the daughters in the hope that it is only here that he releases his stress and not on them

Peace to all who read this post!

Sincerely

Frank
Frank

Long Beach, NY

#8826 Feb 2, 2013
Obamas nonsense is total crap. Period
Itchy Watch

Massapequa Park, NY

#8827 Feb 2, 2013
Frank wrote:
Bruser, Lou , WHG et al
.. We all aware that Anthony has been reading our posts despite his sabbatical from this forum. He can't help himself. The under developed pre teen personality makes it impossible for him to control his impulses. Cursing and pathetic crush on the pastor.
The impulse to throw a tantrum has over taken his beleaguered emotions.
Dispute his nonsense,we will all continue to pray for Anthony and Jackie and the daughters in the hope that it is only here that he releases his stress and not on them
Peace to all who read this post!
Sincerely
Frank
And still an a***ole, Frankie.

Location hidden

#8828 Feb 2, 2013
Well I guess we have our answer that nothing has changed with "Itchy Watch" the foul mouthed anti-catholic, Obama loving Abortionist. It may take many years for him to realize his failure at attempting to make everyone believe that he is a Catholic. Will he ever change? Only GOD would know, and as I had posted on the other website, that GOD is always ready to accept our true confession of our failures, and to beg for forgiveness, no matter how long it take for us to get to that point. He posts articles from the likes of Hogue and Obama, what does that tell you? More than 2000 years have gone by, and mankind still is repeating the same sins over,and over,and over again. They believe that by saying a lie time and time again that it will become the truth.
Ha Ha, good luck with that Anthony, I still pray that you will feel the heat generated by the Devil and return to the Light. GOD have Mercy on your soul, forgive your blindness, as you believe the darkness is light, and until your realize that fact, you will forever be in the darkness.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

#8829 Feb 2, 2013
It is amazing that the Wicca "PuffinLady", and "Itchy Watch" both returned at the same time on the other website. I guess the lost souls just naturally hang out together. How pathetic!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 23 hr Lol 16,781
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Women's Fund of LI to Honor Four Long Island Women Aug 27 WFLI 1
Why is Lindenhurst such a Ghetto? (Mar '10) Aug 25 I Hate Syracuse 682
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown Aug 25 Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Aug 22 Bruser 2,283
Police: Narcan Used to Revive Woman in Massapeq... Aug 19 Marcus Webb 2
•••

Massapequa Park News Video

•••
•••

Massapequa Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000