Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive'

Full story: Newsday

For 32 years, the Rev. Robert E. Mason celebrated a children's Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Massapequa Park that attracted a loyal following among some families at the ultraconservative parish.
Comments
7,141 - 7,160 of 7,856 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago
Truth Seeker

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Why is Anthony, EM actively promoting this Catholic Gay group? Does he want the group to have a presence at OLL? Would the Bishop allow that gay organization at OLL?
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church*,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "heretics and schismatics,"

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Truth Seeker wrote:
Why is Anthony, EM actively. promoting this Catholic Gay group? Does he want the group to have a presence at OLL? Would the Bishop allow that gay organization at OLL?
I don't think the Bishop would stand in the way of that as most Bishops today are more Politicians than Shepherds, and that goes for the Pastors . The Catholic church had better get its heads on straight. At the rate they are going, and the changes made with the mis-conception of Vatican II, this Church is not the church that was started over 2000 years ago. 1 Corinthians 6:7-7:14, and the Catholic Catechism 369-372 and 2357-2359 speak of Homosexuals, and further on about marriage and children.
How can Anthony speak of acceptance of Homosexuality, Homosexual marriage, and Abortions without knowing what our religion believes as handed down to us by Jesus, through St. Peter, and the Apostles. Anyone that speaks as he does IS NOT A CATHOLIC!, He refuses to follow the churches teachings, and accept the Pope as our leader. He is a <False Catholic> and not a Catholic at all. He choses what he wishes to believe, choses what acts he will accept, follows no one but his false teacher who says
"anything done with love is not wrong" According to his beliefs then, abortions are good as long as it is done with love. Homosexuality is good as long as it is done with love.....etc.
Then there are no rules or leadership to follow, as you become your own leader, and GOD. Heresy?? Apostasy? Yes, and more.
The church did more damage with Vatican II than they intended to.
As I have said before, future generations will be GODLESS creatures if the Catholic Church strays away from the teachings handed down to us by Jesus, through St. Peter and the Apostles.
Read Revelations 21:5 and the warnings for the future generations.
You ask me what Bishop Murphy would say? I answer with:
"The floor of hell is paved with the skulls of bishops." St. Athanasius, and "The road to hell is paved with the skulls of bishops." Saint John Eudes, "The road to hell is paved with the skulls of erring priests, with bishops as their signposts." ~ St. John Chrysostom (347-407)
I guess I would sum it all up with the belief of; Follow Jesus,
not man! Those that would change 2000 years of teachings, and beliefs, are men pandering to those that would donate money to them. Worry not what man thinks, but what GOD thinks.
Dominus Vobiscum
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

(From my subscription of the SSPX news)

Retaining the Catholic principle

1st Sunday of October:
19th Sunday after Pentecost

Everywhere around the globe there seems to be a recurrence of open or covert attacks on Catholic tenets.

While in Pakistan and the Middle East Christian minorities suffer physically for the Faith, here in the United States a subtle, but far more dangerous persecution is occurring - the soft erosion of Catholicism from within. Here are two examples from the home front:

In a move to make “all students feel welcome” a Catholic high school in Ontario is about to open an exclusive Islamic prayer room at the request of Muslim students.“On top of the new homosexual clubs in Catholic schools, this is one more nail in the coffin of Catholic education,” Suresh Dominic of Campaign Life Catholics said.[1]

Mass goers - Mass goers, not the nominals - who think the Eucharist is a mere symbol; Catholic school religion teachers who don’t believe in God; Catholic universities who drive more students away from the Church than do secular institutions.

At that stage, the Catholic churches do not stand out from the “denominational” churches. All other churches in America have the denominational syndrome, meaning that for public purposes there’s no real difference what any religious group teaches so long as it is a socially acceptable behavior, variable with time.

The essential in our judgment [we of the Faith] is that there stands on earth an Individual to be recognized as we recognize human individuals – by the voice, the gesture, the expression. The chain of reason is complete. Is there a God? Yes. Is He personal? Yes. Has He revealed Himself to men? Yes. Has He done so through a corporation – a thing not a theory? Has He created an organism by which He may continue to be known to mankind for the fulfillment of the great drama of the Incarnation. Yes. Where shall that organism be found? There is only one body on earth which makes such a claim: it is the Catholic Roman Apostolic Church. That claim we of the Faith accept. The consequences of that acceptation are innumerable, satisfactory and complete. We are at home. No one else of the human race is at home. G.K. Chesterton has retraced in time the momentous dilemma which faced the Christians persecuted for upholding the Catholic principle:

To evoke the nature of the Catholic principle is to draw the battle lines in a country like the United States. Cardinal Burke explains the stakes of his own country:

A war between a culture of secularization which is very strong in our nation, and the Christian culture which has strongly marked the life in the United Sates in the course of its 200 years of history. Unless Christians demonstrate with strong positions, unless they give a firm witness and insist on what is just and good for us, both on the individual and social level, then this secularization will end up winning and destroying us.

However, with a weakened hierarchy and laity generally without convictions, the odds are against the survival of both natural and Christian laws. Yet, this diagnosis and prognosis are simply a symptom of what has already been sealed years ago by the Church authorities in Assisi. After 2000 years of superb struggle, Christian Rome has finally succumbed to the old temptation of the pagans, who were only too happy to offer Christ a niche in the Pantheon of the United World Religions (i.e., no longer the True God).

Cited from a LifeSiteNews article "Ontario Catholic school to open Muslim prayer room:‘One more nail in the coffin of Catholic’ ed" published on September 21, 2012.

“The Catholic Principle” published on October 1, 2012.

The Everlasting Man [New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, 1925], p.214.
Lou Gia

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Sad day for Anthony the EM with his "man crush" not at OLL this weekend. Jim knows to expect Anthony along with all the other fans/buddies/ aka stalkers, to call/text/email wanting their "Jimmy time"! lol
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

... At least Anthony has the masquerade ball to look forward to!
Lou Gia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Frank wrote:
... At least Anthony has the masquerade ball to look forward to!
Maybe he can come to the Masquerade Ball as a Bride! With his white robe he'd just need a veil for his head and a bouquet of flowers. He can carry a sign saying "I'm a Catholic EM who supports Gay Marriage".
On the Job

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Maybe the reason Anthony the EM is no longer posting, is because he's in an anger management program, which hopefully will help him with his issues.
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

On the Job wrote:
Maybe the reason Anthony the EM is no longer posting, is because he's in an anger management program, which hopefully will help him with his issues.
We can but hope and pray for that. I believe that the person looking to be healed must acknowledge his/her problem, the same as alcoholics, and drug users. As with all of them, they must be truthful, and in most cases, must relinquish their past associations until they are fully in control of their problem, and little bites at a time, lest they fall into the same trap. Remember the Devil has many weapons, and enticements to use. I know that from my own experiences. And with faith, we must have a "real mentor, and confessor" to make sure we are not on the wrong road again. If the person, through real faith, wants this to happen, then our Lord will do the healing, and protecting. I was a Business agent for the Teamsters, after being a shop steward, a Warden, a executive board member, and for 25 year, and had experienced, and watched many try, and fail, and some that "hit Bottom". That revolted them, and it is not the same for every person. The person wanting the healing, must recognize that they have become something that they themselves deem "dispicable", and for every person is it something different. I feel that Anthony still is not at that point where he recognizes the problem. We can but pray for this lost brother, and our Lord will do the real healing. But the beginning of the Healing, is recognizing the problem. Thank GOD I had my eyes opened many years ago, that I was heading on the wrong road, as the Devil and his evil spirits are very insidious in their sly ways. The trap has many enticements and is a long trap, that leads you to the point that you have lost your way out.
LOL, listen to me, I sound like a preacher, which I have never wanted to be, as it is a very hard road, and one that you must be fully committed to, and to live by those same rules that you are preaching. We can only pray for Anthony, and watch and hope.
God bless you all, Dominus Vobiscum
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Bruser wrote:
<quoted text>
We can but hope and pray for that. I believe that the person looking to be healed must acknowledge his/her problem, the same as alcoholics, and drug users. As with all of them, they must be truthful, and in most cases, must relinquish their past associations until they are fully in control of their problem, and little bites at a time, lest they fall into the same trap. Remember the Devil has many weapons, and enticements to use. I know that from my own experiences. And with faith, we must have a "real mentor, and confessor" to make sure we are not on the wrong road again. If the person, through real faith, wants this to happen, then our Lord will do the healing, and protecting. I was a Business agent for the Teamsters, after being a shop steward, a Warden, a executive board member, and for 25 year, and had experienced, and watched many try, and fail, and some that "hit Bottom". That revolted them, and it is not the same for every person. The person wanting the healing, must recognize that they have become something that they themselves deem "dispicable", and for every person is it something different. I feel that Anthony still is not at that point where he recognizes the problem. We can but pray for this lost brother, and our Lord will do the real healing. But the beginning of the Healing, is recognizing the problem. Thank GOD I had my eyes opened many years ago, that I was heading on the wrong road, as the Devil and his evil spirits are very insidious in their sly ways. The trap has many enticements and is a long trap, that leads you to the point that you have lost your way out.
LOL, listen to me, I sound like a preacher, which I have never wanted to be, as it is a very hard road, and one that you must be fully committed to, and to live by those same rules that you are preaching. We can only pray for Anthony, and watch and hope.
God bless you all, Dominus Vobiscum
You have certainly lived a full and colorful life, Bruser. Heartwarming to read your road to recovery with the guidance of Our Lord. You truly are a man of great faith and patience, especially when it comes to Anthony and his out of control behavior and skewed thought processes.
He is a catholic in name only not interested in the foundations of our faith. We can only continue to pay for him and hope he accepts the guidance that The Lord will provide him if he decides to give Him a chance.
Y
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

On the Job wrote:
we can only hope!
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Divine Mercy Prayers

Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church*,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Catholics are about the truth.The truth about Barack Barry Soetoro Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
WestHempsteadGal

Garden City, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>You have certainly lived a full and colorful life, Bruser. Heartwarming to read your road to recovery with the guidance of Our Lord. You truly are a man of great faith and patience, especially when it comes to Anthony and his out of control behavior and skewed thought processes.
He is a catholic in name only not interested in the foundations of our faith. We can only continue to pay for him and hope he accepts the guidance that The Lord will provide him if he decides to give Him a chance.
Y
And we must remember Toni Pom Pom's ongoing efforts for Anthony the EM with her prayer chain for him on her Facebook. She included the photos that you took Frank and passed on to her and it's a beautiful page with a number of people on it. It's always updated. Toni Pom Pom never gives up on people who seem to be lost souls, those who are in darkness. She just keeps on going. She's truly a good person and she knows what Jim has to deal with too.
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

United States following the lead of France?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Wednesday, October 24, 2012
What Obama Doesn't Want You to Know About Benghazi

After reading an investigative article by Frank J. Gaffney Jr. with hard on the ground work of Bret Baier and Catherin Herridge at Fox News, Aaron Klein at WND.com and Clare Lopez of RadicalIslam.org . we finally understand what Obama was doing in Benghazi that you aren’t supposed to know.
President Obama didn't want you to know that he through Ambassador Stevens, Saudi and Qatar agents were using this so-called Consulate (it was not a Consulate) as a meeting place to supply and coordinate U.S. arms to the Syrian rebels who are at this time controlled by al Qaeda.
So, in other words with less than two months before a Presidential election the President didn't want to be seen by the world as supplying al Qaeda with arms. It would have and still could be a deal breaker for the American people.
As this story gains legs and more evidence streams out over the internet to Americans more and more are putting the pieces together. Some say this is another Iran-Contra Affair, which I would agree.
In the beginning the supplies to Syria were going to the right rebels but since Obama refused to commit openly and supportively to the rebels with technical and on the ground personal, al Qaeda took over.
So, instead of stopping the shipments al Qaeda continues to get our arms shipments.
This is very confusing isn't it? We have an al Qaeda affiliate in Libya attacking and assassinating one of the guys, Ambassador Stevens that was supplying their guys in Syria.
But, that’s what happens in the “fog of war” one hand sometimes never knows what the other is doing! This whole affair will become very embarrassing the Mr. Obama prior to Election Day, you can be sure of that!–

N.P.Contompasis

(just like the "fast and furious" another idiot idea from the head idiot, Obama, and they do not understand you can not deal with the Al Qaeda
OBama(Barry Soetoro) is writing a new book called
"Lies I told the American people". I guess its okay being the kind of Christian he claims to be, as long as it furthers his agenda of Socialism)
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

WestHempsteadGal wrote:
<quoted text>
And we must remember Toni Pom Pom's ongoing efforts for Anthony the EM with her prayer chain for him on her Facebook. She included the photos that you took Frank and passed on to her and it's a beautiful page with a number of people on it. It's always updated. Toni Pom Pom never gives up on people who seem to be lost souls, those who are in darkness. She just keeps on going. She's truly a good person and she knows what Jim has to deal with too.
she is truly a wonderful and faithful catholic. Wish I had my phone with me at the 10:30 today. Missed the opportunity to capture Anthony's disappointed and sad expression at not seeing his idol, Jim today. No back slapping or giggles on the altar.

Wow, two weeks without Jim!!! Maybe he can run out to Jim's beachfront home and batten-down-the-hatches and sand bag the shoreline. That would surely make his day!
Frank

Rockville Centre, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Bruser wrote:
once again, Michael speaks the unvarnished truth concerning the split in our church. As for cardinal sheen, he has a questionable past that has been hidden for years. He didn't always practice what he preached-- nor live the vows he professed.

His relationship with Merve Griffin is suspect
Bruser

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Frank wrote:
<quoted text> she is truly a wonderful and faithful catholic. Wish I had my phone with me at the 10:30 today. Missed the opportunity to capture Anthony's disappointed and sad expression at not seeing his idol, Jim today. No back slapping or giggles on the altar.
Wow, two weeks without Jim!!! Maybe he can run out to Jim's beachfront home and batten-down-the-hatches and sand bag the shoreline. That would surely make his day!
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Massapequa Park Discussions

Search the Massapequa Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Benjamin Netanyahu: World pressure won't stop I... 37 min Gurion 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Redumblican Teabagger 6,352
Someone bad mouthing someone live on their own ... 13 hr weathermen 1
Dick and Dora's (Nov '09) 16 hr Rob 63
cesspool company scams (Sep '07) 22 hr Rachel 61
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Thu Steve Douchy 6,364
Hit-and-run victim dies - (Nov '07) Thu Huntington 15
•••
•••

Massapequa Park News Video

•••
•••

Massapequa Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Massapequa Park People Search