Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes

Aug 27, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Massapequan Observer

Our Lady of Lourdes School, located in Massapequa Park, has named Rita Anne Swift, a longtime Catholic school educator and administrator, as its new principal.

Comments (Page 107)

Showing posts 2,121 - 2,140 of2,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Itchy Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Just that much more bulls***, Itchy. More inane and incoherent rants from your very troubled mind. How pathetic!
Your self-righteous and bigoted world is collapsing around you, Itchy. OUR Pope has made it abundantly clear that your kind no longer has a place in MY church.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!
Your Church???? You had already stated that the Pope has no right telling you or Woman what to do with their bodies. Now you want to speak for the Pope? You that doesn't know anything about the Catholic Catechism? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Talk about pathetic. Return to your painting false Catholic Brat Boy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Today bring to Me the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence.

Most Merciful Jesus, You yourself have said, "Learn from Me for I am meek and humble of heart." Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart all meek and humble souls and the souls of little children. These souls send all heaven into ecstasy and they are the heavenly Father's favorites. They are a sweet-smelling bouquet before the throne of God; God Himself takes delight in their fragrance. These souls have a permanent abode in Your Most Compassionate Heart, O Jesus, and they unceasingly sing out a hymn of love and mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon meek souls, upon humble souls, and upon little children who are enfolded in the abode which is the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls bear the closest resemblance to Your Son. Their fragrance rises from the earth and reaches Your very throne. Father of mercy and of all goodness, I beg You by the love You bear these souls and by the delight You take in them: Bless the whole world, that all souls together may sing out the praises of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

The destruction that Catholics are allowing to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Today bring to Me those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Me,

I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy."

Most compassionate Jesus, You are the Light of the whole world. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who do not believe in God and of those who as yet do not know You. Let the rays of Your grace enlighten them that they, too, together with us, may extol Your wonderful mercy; and do not let them escape from the abode which is Your Most Compassionate Heart.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who do not believe in You, and of those who as yet do not know You, but who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Draw them to the light of the Gospel. These souls do not know what great happiness it is to love You. Grant that they, too, may extol the generosity of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "the pagans."
Itchy Watch

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Nobody cares who or what you're praying for Itchy. This is not a Catholic website. Go post your nonsense somewhere else. Like those ridiculous blogs of yours that haven't been updated in three months.

How pathetic!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Itchy Watch wrote:
Nobody cares who or what you're praying for Itchy. This is not a Catholic website. Go post your nonsense somewhere else. Like those ridiculous blogs of yours that haven't been updated in three months.
How pathetic!
Wow, a real internet stalker.Too bad you are not allowed to post there, I have newer blogs that you will never find. Get back to your painting of Msgrs house like a good boy!!!!!!
Will keep praying for you, as you do not appear open to GOD's healing yet, maybe because you are so childish.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Itchy Watch wrote:
How pathetic!
What's wrong Anthony, can't find my new blog? I will give you a hint. It has to do with the Franciscan's. I will warn you though, that the bloggers will not take kindly to your rantings, or thoughts that the Pope or the Vatican, have no right to tell a woman what to do with their bodies. They are very traditional in their thoughts, and far too intelligent for you to try to cross swords with.
Still praying for your lost soul, and hope that you will come back to the Catholic church.
Dominus Vobiscum

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Today bring to Me the Souls of those who have separated themselves from My Church*,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. During My bitter Passion they tore at My Body and Heart, that is, My Church. As they return to unity with the Church My wounds heal and in this way they alleviate My Passion."

Most Merciful Jesus, Goodness Itself, You do not refuse light to those who seek it of You. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Church. Draw them by Your light into the unity of the Church, and do not let them escape from the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart; but bring it about that they, too, come to glorify the generosity of Your mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who have separated themselves from Your Son's Church, who have squandered Your blessings and misused Your graces by obstinately persisting in their errors. Do not look upon their errors, but upon the love of Your own Son and upon His bitter Passion, which He underwent for their sake, since they, too, are enclosed in His Most Compassionate Heart. Bring it about that they also may glorify Your great mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "heretics and schismatics,"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Today bring to Me all mankind, especially all sinners,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. In this way you will console Me in the bitter grief into which the loss of souls plunges Me."

Most Merciful Jesus, whose very nature it is to have compassion on us and to forgive us, do not look upon our sins but upon our which we place in Your infinite goodness. Receive us all into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart, and never let us escape from It. We beg this of You by Your love which unites You to the Father and the .

, turn Your merciful gaze upon all mankind and especially upon poor sinners, all enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion show us Your mercy, that we may praise the omnipotence of Your mercy for ever and ever. Amen.

Today bring to Me the Souls of Priests and Religious,

and immerse them in My unfathomable mercy. It was they who gave me strength to endure My bitter Passion. Through them as through channels My mercy flows out upon mankind."

Most Merciful Jesus, from whom comes all that is good, increase Your grace in men and women consecrated to Your service,* that they may perform worthy works of mercy; and that all who see them may glorify the Father of Mercy who is in heaven.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the of chosen ones in Your vineyard -- upon the souls of priests and religious; and endow them with the strength of Your blessing. For the love of the Heart of Your Son in which they are enfolded, impart to them Your power and light, that they may be able to guide others in the way of salvation and with one voice sing praise to Your boundless mercy for ages without end. Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Itchy Watch wrote:
How pathetic!
(Itchy Watch)= I am a Catholic and an Eucharistic Minister, but I will not abide by what the Catholic church teaches, nor what the Pope says, after all who is he to tell a Woman what to do with her body like Abortion?

Really "Itchy Watch"? Then you are not a Catholic if you do not follow the Catholic Catechism, nor the decree's of the Church and the Pope.
(Itchy Watch)= running around the Altar, patting the Msgr saying mass, on the back.

Really "Itchy Watch"?, is this a foot ball game? and not Jesus sacrificing himself again on the Altar?

What is so different about "Itchy Watch's" actions than those of the Protestants? Did you, Our Lady of Lourdes parishoners wonder why there is no crucifix on the Altar, as it had been for over 35 years, and still is practiced in most Catholic church Masses?
The Apostasy spoken of by our Blessed Mother Mary, and warned about in her appearances at Fatima, and Akita Japan, spoke of people like "Itchy Watch", and he is an Eurcharistic Minister????
That has been confirmed by many posters here!

Do you parishioners go to mass to see him running around the Altar
like a child, or to celebrate the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ?
It appears that the USCCB is giving in to the quasy Protestant parishioners in the Catholic Church. The results of which is someone like "Itchy Watch". Not really a believer in the Catholic Church or the Catholic Catechism, nor willing to leave the Catholic church and worship in the many PROTESTERS, of the Catholic church, The protestants, henceforth their name= Protestants,= protesters of the Catholic Church.

You are in the wrong church "Itchy Watch"! Now go back to your Painting of the Pastors House out east.

TALK ABOUT BEING PATHETIC!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness."

Most Merciful Jesus, from the treasury of Your mercy, You impart Your graces in great abundance to each and all. Receive us into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart and never let us escape from It. We beg this grace of You by that most wondrous love for the heavenly Father with which Your Heart burns so fiercely.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon faithful souls, as upon the inheritance of Your Son. For the sake of sorrowful Passion, grant them Your blessing and surround them with Your constant protection. Thus may they never fail in love or lose the treasure of the holy faith, but rather, with all the hosts of Angels and Saints, may they glorify Your boundless mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Open your ears and minds Catholics, you and I are being brainwashed and attacked by the Homosexuals in the Church:

Gay Rage:

Poor Nun's, or False Nun's:

Lavender Hill Priest:

More Homosexuals than Catholics? NOT!:

The Fish stinks from the head down:

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

BRING BACK THE LATIN MASS AT OUR LADY OF LOURDES!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

From the Diary of ST. Faustina:

" Today, I was led by an Angel to the chasms of hell. It is a place of great torture; how awesomely large and extensive it is! The kinds of tortures I saw: the first torture that constitutes hell is the loss of God; the second is perpetual remorse of conscience; the third is that oneís condition will never change; the fourth is the fire that will penetrate the soul without destroying it, a terrible suffering, since it is a purely spiritual fire, lit by Godís anger; the fifth torture is conditional darkness and a terrible suffocating smell, and despite the darkness, the devils and the souls of the damned see each other and all the evil, both of others and their own; the sixth torture is the constant company of satan, the seventh torture is horrible despair, hatred of God, vile words, curses and blasphemies. These are the tortures suffered by all the damned together, but that is not the end of the sufferings. There are special tortures destined for particular souls. These are the torments of the senses. Each soul undergoes terrible and indescribable sufferings, related to the manner in which it has sinned. There are caverns and pits of torture where one form of agony differs from another. I would have died at the very sight of these tortures if the omnipotence of God had not supported me. Let the sinner know that he will be tortured throughout all eternity, in those senses which he made use of to sin. I am writing this at the command of God, so that no soul may find an excuse by saying there is no hell, or that nobody has ever been there, and so no one can say what it is like. I, sister Faustina, by the order of God, have visited the abysses of hell so that I might tell souls about it and testify to its existence. I cannot speak about it now; but I have received a command from God to leave it in writing. The devils were full of hatred for me, but they had to obey me at the command of God. What I have written is but a pale shadow of the things I saw. But I noticed one thing: that most of the souls there are those who disbelieved that there is a hell. When I came to, I could hardly recover from the fright. How terribly souls suffer there! Consequently, I pray even more fervently for the conversion of sinners. I incessantly plead Godís mercy upon them. O my Jesus, I would rather be in agony until the end of the world, amidst the greatest sufferings, then offend You by the least sin.(Diary 741).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Today bring to Me all Devout and Faithful Souls,

and immerse them in the ocean of My mercy. These souls brought me consolation on the Way of the Cross. They were a drop of consolation in the midst of an ocean of bitterness."

Most Merciful Jesus, from the treasury of Your mercy, You impart Your graces in great abundance to each and all. Receive us into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart and never let us escape from It. We beg this grace of You by that most wondrous love for the heavenly Father with which Your Heart burns so fiercely.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon faithful souls, as upon the inheritance of Your Son. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, grant them Your blessing and surround them with Your constant protection. Thus may they never fail in love or lose the treasure of the holy faith, but rather, with all the hosts of Angels and Saints, may they glorify Your boundless mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/mercy/novena ....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Today bring to Me those who do not believe in God and those who do not know Me,

I was thinking also of them during My bitter Passion, and their future zeal comforted My Heart. Immerse them in the ocean of My mercy."

Most compassionate Jesus, You are the Light of the whole world. Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart the souls of those who do not believe in God and of those who as yet do not know You. Let the rays of Your grace enlighten them that they, too, together with us, may extol Your wonderful mercy; and do not let them escape from the abode which is Your Most Compassionate Heart.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon the souls of those who do not believe in You, and of those who as yet do not know You, but who are enclosed in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Draw them to the light of the Gospel. These souls do not know what great happiness it is to love You. Grant that they, too, may extol the generosity of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

*Our Lord's original words here were "the pagans."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

PRAYER TO THE
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

O God, who by the Immaculate Conception
of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
did prepare a worthy dwelling place for Your Son,
we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain,
so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession, to come unto You.
Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God, world without end.

Amen.

First, recite the Prayer to the Immaculate Conception.
Then, recite the appropriate prayer of each of the nine days.
Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8 Day 9

Day Five

O Lord, who, by the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, did prepare a fitting dwelling for your Son, we beseech you that as by the foreseen death of your Son, you did preserve her from all stain of sin, grant that through her intercession, we may be favored with the granting of the grace that we seek for at this time...
(State your intention here...)
O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will. Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

PRAYER TO THE
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

O God, who by the Immaculate Conception
of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
did prepare a worthy dwelling place for Your Son,
we beseech You that, as by the foreseen death of this, Your Son, You did preserve Her from all stain,
so too You would permit us, purified through Her intercession, to come unto You.
Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God, world without end.

Amen.

First, recite the Prayer to the Immaculate Conception.
Then, recite the appropriate prayer of each of the nine days.
Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 Day 8 Day 9

Day Six

Glorious and immortal Queen of Heaven, we profess our firm belief in your Immaculate Conception preordained for you in the merits of your Divine Son. We rejoice with you in your Immaculate Conception. To the one ever-reigning God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three in Person, one in nature, we offer thanks for your blessed Immaculate Conception. O Mother of the Word made Flesh, listen to our petition as we ask this special grace during this novena...
(State your intention here...)
O Mary of the Immaculate Conception, Mother of Christ, you had influence with your Divine Son while upon this earth; you have the same influence now in heaven. Pray for us and obtain for us from him the granting of my petition if it be the Divine Will. Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Today bring to Me the Meek and Humble Souls and the Souls of Little Children,

and immerse them in My mercy. These souls most closely resemble My Heart. They strengthened Me during My bitter agony. I saw them as earthly Angels, who will keep vigil at My altars. I pour out upon them whole torrents of grace. I favor humble souls with My confidence.

Most Merciful Jesus, You yourself have said, "Learn from Me for I am meek and humble of heart." Receive into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart all meek and humble souls and the souls of little children. These souls send all heaven into ecstasy and they are the heavenly Father's favorites. They are a sweet-smelling bouquet before the throne of God; God Himself takes delight in their fragrance. These souls have a permanent abode in Your Most Compassionate Heart, O Jesus, and they unceasingly sing out a hymn of love and mercy.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon meek souls, upon humble souls, and upon little children who are enfolded in the abode which is the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. These souls bear the closest resemblance to Your Son. Their fragrance rises from the earth and reaches Your very throne. Father of mercy and of all goodness, I beg You by the love You bear these souls and by the delight You take in them: Bless the whole world, that all souls together may sing out the praises of Your mercy for endless ages. Amen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Today bring to Me the Souls who have become Lukewarm,

and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. They were the reason I cried out:'Father, take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will.' For them, the last hope of salvation is to run to My mercy."

Most compassionate Jesus, You are Compassion Itself. I bring lukewarm souls into the abode of Your Most Compassionate Heart. In this fire of Your pure love, let these tepid souls who, like corpses, filled You with such deep loathing, be once again set aflame. O Most Compassionate Jesus, exercise the omnipotence of Your mercy and draw them into the very ardor of Your love, and bestow upon them the gift of holy love, for nothing is beyond Your power.

Eternal Father, turn Your merciful gaze upon lukewarm souls who are nonetheless enfolded in the Most Compassionate Heart of Jesus. Father of Mercy, I beg You by the bitter Passion of Your Son and by His three-hour agony on the Cross: Let them, too, glorify the abyss of Your

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,121 - 2,140 of2,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Massapequa Park Discussions

Search the Massapequa Park Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 41 min blacknwhite 6,190
Review: Nassour Hess Inc (Nov '12) 1 hr Steve 4
Teen Drug Overdoses in Syosset (Dec '10) 9 hr Frankie Ariola 8
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 10 hr positronium 6,290
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 12 hr Bruser 7,774
Massapequa Craft Studio!!!! 22 hr New Business opening up 1
CableShow-BAR RESCUE coming to Farmingdale? Sat luna70 1
•••
•••

Massapequa Park News Video

•••
•••

Massapequa Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••