Four-car accident kills Lindenhurst man

Full story: Newsday

A chain-reaction four-car accident left a 20-year-old man from Lindenhurst dead and caused the closure of the Southern State Parkway for four hours Tuesday at Route 111, New York State Police said.
Comments
101 - 106 of 106 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Erin

Duchess, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2007

brian wrote:
<quoted text>
as to this post . i drive a rather big pick up . and yes there are times that i get a little nuts behind the wheel . and i shall say why . when im driving from flushing to lindenhurst i see it all . the people that jump on to the parkway going straight to the left lane doing 30 mph while every one else is doing 55 to 60 . or the best is for me so far is . that when you put your blinker on to get over a lane the idiot in the lane next to you speeds up so he dont have to be behind you . its like what the heck . does no one know what a blinker is or what it stands for???? half the time i want to ram people . know ive owned cars as well . and i know how it gets . you catch the guy who is running late for work goes speeding past you so he isnt to late . well it wouldnt be so bad but yet again . you catch people who see you comming up in the rear view mirror . and they speed up so you get stuck doing there speed . and not driving like a nut . and i see the reason behind the whole thing . yet now this guy is gonna be driving more franticly . and doing so makes it a hazard . he cuts to the right/left to try and pass you yet you still try to speed up and he clips your bumper . now that sends you into the wall . and why . beacuse you had to try and be a cop to slow him down . that is they new york state troopers job . not yours . get over it and get out the way . the further you are away from that idiot the better . the next think . high beams at night . i drive the wantagh pkwy . when you are going north / south at a normal speed . or fast or slow . the person coming on the south / north side have the high beams on and it makes it to where you cant even see the lines in the road . if you need to put them on at night then you shouldnt be driving . i respect the road . i dont cut off busses . but people should stop and think before acting like a cop . or blinding people . i see both sides . just think before you act . dont be so quick to judge or yank the wheel
You took the words right out of my mouth! I love you! I think people are IGNORant and it's hard for us to understand why they can't comprehend because we are obviously more thoughtful. If they thought about it, they'd see that their health is also on the line. Who recently drove their mom/dad to chemotherapy? Pollution causes cancer!! Ratio 4cylinder:6/8cylinder ---->do your math!! It's unfortunate that most government systems are composed of people who think like SUV drivers.......
Erin

Duchess, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2007

JLS wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree that SUV's with bad drivers in them are extremly dangerous. but is just a little obnoxious for you to say that women are part of the problem. how about taking a look at actual statistics on men vs. women drivers. they will CLEARLY show women are the safer ones on the road.(hence lower insurance for women drivers). i agree that SUV's should be banned from the parkways (or at least in the left lane) and that state troopers need to actually do something in LI (for all that they are paid). also people need to realize that driving so aggressivly on the highway is dangerous for everyone on teh road. doesnt everyone see that using the excuse that an SUV is protecting you is not only arrogant but also selfish? and why hasnt anyone mentioned the environment? when are people going to start caring about our childrens future not only how cool they look in their big trucks? look at the cars they drive and europe and tell me americans have a "right" to their SUVS.
You took the words right out of my mouth! I love you! I think people are IGNORant and it's hard for us to understand why they can't comprehend because we are obviously more thoughtful. If they thought about it, they'd see that their health is also on the line. Who recently drove their mom/dad to chemotherapy? Pollution causes cancer!! Ratio 4cylinder:6/8cylinder ---->do your math!! It's unfortunate that most government systems are composed of people who think like SUV drivers.......
Susan

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2007

Lynn....

I am not sure if you are still checking the postings on this site but if you are I want you to know my heart goes out to you and the entire Vincuillo family. I only heard about the tragady yesterday and spent the night thinking back to when Joey was a baby. My favorite memory was pushing him in his toy car in our backyard.

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

Susan
Lynn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2007

Thank you,Susan. I have many memories like that too. Lynn
Susan wrote:
Lynn....
I am not sure if you are still checking the postings on this site but if you are I want you to know my heart goes out to you and the entire Vincuillo family. I only heard about the tragady yesterday and spent the night thinking back to when Joey was a baby. My favorite memory was pushing him in his toy car in our backyard.
My prayers and thoughts are with you all.
Susan
Kelli Thompson

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

To the family of Joe..
im fourteen years old.

I feel your pain, as I lost my brother in a motorcycle accident 7 months ago on November 30th, 2006 in east setauket.

My brother was the Chef on the hit TV show of speed channel, Unique Whips. He has his own newsday article, and there are more than 500 responses on the forum.

my myspace is
www.myspace.com/xangelkissedxx
if family wants to contact me.

im sorry for your loss
xo
Thinkig of you JOEY

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

its been 7 years since you passed. I miss you like crazy. Joe was really awesome and extremely creative! <3 you are forever in our memories. I remember going to his wake and feeling so numb, it took a while to sink in. But then I remember seeing all the pictures of him, with friends and family at the wake, and at that moment I remember feeling a sense of relief because I knew he was okay, above us now in a better place. Your memory lives on -ONE Joey xoxox

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Massapequa Park Discussions

Search the Massapequa Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 1 hr tbird Cat Controller 757
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 3 hr r u crazy 6,377
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 12 hr Bruser 2,264
Island near Buffalo overrun by hundreds of cats Thu Cat got your tongue 3
Review: Cycle Concepts Of New York Thu Stanley East Meadow 1
Review: Normandy Garden Apartments (Sep '08) Thu Billy Jonesa 18
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Jul 30 Bruser 7,860
•••
•••

Massapequa Park News Video

•••
•••

Massapequa Park Jobs

•••