After shooting, tighter security sought

After shooting, tighter security sought

There are 11 comments on the Uzbekistan News.net story from Jan 4, 2012, titled After shooting, tighter security sought. In it, Uzbekistan News.net reports that:

Timeline: Medford pharmacy killings Tougher prison sentences and tighter security are needed to protect drugstores from the problem of prescription drug theft, Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Uzbekistan News.net.

sue

Ashford, CT

#1 Jan 5, 2012
As long as doctors are handing out addictive drugs like candy this will escalate.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Jan 5, 2012
sue wrote:
As long as doctors are handing out addictive drugs like candy this will escalate.
Where is your brain, it is exactly the opposite, if doctors would hand out addictive drugs like this the robberies to get them would be un-heard of. Hydrocodone, the drug this guy had got before on a prescription, is cheap something like $ 10 for a bottle and the drug store will have plenty of it, maybe even cheaper than that. However, if you have to buy it on the street you will pay like $8 a pill and you might find it when you want it or you might not. If drugs were legal the guy would have no trouble getting or paying for it.

Drug violence is caused by 3 things, 1- fighting over the money illegal drugs bring. 2. Addicts being denied access to their drugs. 3. People not wanting to go to jail over drugs. All three of these things we brought on ourselves through legislation. Prohibition did not work with alcohol and it will not work with drugs either.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3 Jan 5, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your brain, it is exactly the opposite, if doctors would hand out addictive drugs like this the robberies to get them would be un-heard of. Hydrocodone, the drug this guy had got before on a prescription, is cheap something like $ 10 for a bottle and the drug store will have plenty of it, maybe even cheaper than that. However, if you have to buy it on the street you will pay like $8 a pill and you might find it when you want it or you might not. If drugs were legal the guy would have no trouble getting or paying for it.
Drug violence is caused by 3 things, 1- fighting over the money illegal drugs bring. 2. Addicts being denied access to their drugs. 3. People not wanting to go to jail over drugs. All three of these things we brought on ourselves through legislation. Prohibition did not work with alcohol and it will not work with drugs either.
Ah yes, another Ron Paul Loony.

Paris

#4 Jan 5, 2012
sue wrote:
The doctors do receive rebates, trips and things you know. Some have become pill pimps for sure.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jan 5, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes, another Ron Paul Loony.
Sure if you can not articulate what is wrong with the argument then call names.

Ron Paul loonyism boils down to liberty to make and be responsible for my own decisions rather than let the government make them.

The best theory of the primary cause of violent crime in the United States is a violent black market caused by the War on Drugs today, and Prohibition in the 1920s.

Paris

#6 Jan 5, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text> Sure if you can not articulate what is wrong with the argument then call names.
Ron Paul loonyism boils down to liberty to make and be responsible for my own decisions rather than let the government make them.
The best theory of the primary cause of violent crime in the United States is a violent black market caused by the War on Drugs today, and Prohibition in the 1920s.
as you legalize drugs, as you make your own decisions, think about or look up the youtube video of the chimp the terrorist gave a machine gun to. You will legalize murder.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jan 5, 2012
I have seen that video and it is a cut from a movie in cause you were unable to figure out it was fake. I don't do drugs but if I wanted to I don't see it is any of your or the governments business. Back when America was free if you wanted to do them you did, if you did not want to you did not. I don't like other people trying to control my life, if this country had been populated by people like you we never would have had a government but what the Crown allowed us.

Paris

#8 Jan 6, 2012
Robert wrote:
I have seen that video and it is a cut from a movie in cause you were unable to figure out it was fake. I don't do drugs but if I wanted to I don't see it is any of your or the governments business. Back when America was free if you wanted to do them you did, if you did not want to you did not. I don't like other people trying to control my life, if this country had been populated by people like you we never would have had a government but what the Crown allowed us.
Yes, you are welcome to be a stoner, I could care less. You all move to California and you will soon be working for the Mexicans. Druggies are not productive people. Only fools put poison in their system.
Truth Hurts

Bellmore, NY

#9 Jan 6, 2012
A drug user is STILL going to have to rob and steal to support their drug habit even if the drugs are legal. They can't hold a job and they still would be subject to drug testing by employers. Your argument is invalid about legalizing drugs.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Jan 7, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are welcome to be a stoner, I could care less. You all move to California and you will soon be working for the Mexicans. Druggies are not productive people. Only fools put poison in their system.
So if you agree with this war on drugs then you must think the government is in the business from stopping someone from being a fool?
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Jan 7, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
A drug user is STILL going to have to rob and steal to support their drug habit even if the drugs are legal. They can't hold a job and they still would be subject to drug testing by employers. Your argument is invalid about legalizing drugs.
I never said employers could not fire the dopers. That is their business. They won't have to rob and steal any more than a drunk does. The only reason they rob and break in houses is the drugs cost so much because the government created a black market for them.

I am old now and don't know any dopers but when I was in high school and college I knew several and never knew one who robbed someone but I am sure it happens somewhere. Even if it does why do you have to hold that against responsible drug users? Most people agree with the statement that you should be free to do something as long as it does not hurt another person. But the minute you say ok, then it is ok if I smoke weed isn't it they go, oh no, not drugs, drugs are bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Bruser 8,262
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) May 25 Bruser 2,622
If you haven't heard about this, it is because ... (Jun '08) May 25 LindyGrad2001 2
Who Exactly Should Be Allowed To Live In Linden... May 25 LindyGrad2001 1
Review: Goccia D'Oro Restaurant (Oct '09) May 25 LindyGrad2001 5
Blocked Cell Phones in Lindy High School (Jun '09) May 25 LindyGrad2001 10
Middle School Abusive Teacher (Feb '09) May 25 LindyGrad2001 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Park Mortgages