LIE road rage arrest

Full story: Newsday 277
It's a common occurrence on Long Island roadways: A driver gets annoyed because someone swerved into his lane. Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
MYOPINION

Lindenhurst, NY

#1 May 19, 2007
A new TV pilot!
MYOPINION

Lindenhurst, NY

#2 May 19, 2007
Or, Reality show?!
Greg

Patchogue, NY

#3 May 19, 2007
Maybe both of them should have been locked up rather than one?

Both of these guys getting off the road to continue the 'chat' shows they both were out of their minds... to choose one to be locked up over the other... sounds like the cops made the decision over the flip of a quarter.
wiw

United States

#4 May 19, 2007
Feel the love out there.........
VERIZON DOPE DESERVED IT

Wolf Point, MT

#5 May 19, 2007
VERIZON DUDE HAD TIME FOR ROAD RAGE BUT NO TIME TO WORK. TYPICAL UTILITY WORKER ROBBING AMERICANS.
Newsday Sucks

Wanaque, NJ

#6 May 19, 2007
Greg wrote:
Maybe both of them should have been locked up rather than one?
Both of these guys getting off the road to continue the 'chat' shows they both were out of their minds... to choose one to be locked up over the other... sounds like the cops made the decision over the flip of a quarter.
But one guy lives near that exit, the other lives in a different county so i'm thinking one was really looking for a problem, the other is just your average schmoe..
VERIZON DOPE DESERVED IT

Wolf Point, MT

#7 May 19, 2007
VERIZON DOPE HAD TIME TO ARGUE AND NOT WORK. TYPICAL UTILITY WORKER. HOPE HIS BOSS PEPPER SPRAYS HIM ON MONDAY.
ssl

Bronx, NY

#9 May 19, 2007
Two idiot's ,put them both in a locked room and let them duke it out.
hambone

Kearny, NJ

#10 May 19, 2007
people need to grow up! innocent people could have been killed! when you get behind the wheel of a car you are driving a DEADLY WEAPON and you should be mature enough to handle the consequences of driving in heavy traffic.
Upper CLASS

Sterling, MA

#11 May 19, 2007
Again & Again,
We need to implement a drivers test every 5 years which includes a written test.This will be mandatory to Licensed drivers and will be federal law.
If you fail to bad.No license for three months when you take the test again,you fail again license taken away for 1 full year.

70percent of American drivers should not be allowed to drive,they diregard every rule in the and jepodize the public!!!!!
Write your congressman!!!!
FF Jack

Massapequa Park, NY

#12 May 19, 2007
I bet both of these guys were active participants in a hissy fit over macho mentality. They both engaged in poor behavior and either no one gets arrested, or both of them do.

I was teaching my children how to drive. I recommended not to even use the horn unless absoultely necessary. And at all costs, avoid eye contact with someone else. I can just see these idiots flipping one another off and now consume police and courts valuable time.
Red

Coram, NY

#13 May 19, 2007
What is wrong with you people!? Give a little; get to work or where ever you're going without pepper spraying (or shooting, stabbing) each other. Did you really make up enough time to make it worth while? Now you are arrested (or shot,stabbed, punched, whatever) Think about it! Is an extra 5, 10 15 seconds worth it?

Since: Feb 07

Brentwood, NY

#15 May 19, 2007
What's so difficult about rolling up the window and ignoring the nutcase in the other lane? They're both at fault but the guy who used the mace and fled obviously wasn't feeling like he had a strong enough case to deal with the police...
Sidor Says

Middle Island, NY

#17 May 19, 2007
Getting up in the morning was first of at least three "stupid" things done on Wednesday.
Killing Time

Brentwood, NY

#18 May 19, 2007
What kinda man carries pepper spray? F'n sissies'

For the record...if there were actual threats of physical repercussions there would be a LOT less bad driving going on.

street justice FTW
Smiles Are Free

Ronkonkoma, NY

#19 May 20, 2007
Life is easier and longer if lived happily.. Cheer Up LI!!
normal in not normal NY

Morris Plains, NJ

#20 May 20, 2007
Hello Verizon...you were in a company vehicle? At all times you are representing your company if in uniform or in the company vehicle. You should be facing diciplinary actions at work. Hope your superior addresses this issue. Some verizon customer service, you think? Just another case of one Long Islander trying to out do the other... just a bunch of competitive slobs...and we wonder why our kids are bullies? Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Haven't we enough to worry about than 2 fools trying to out-do the other's testosterone level? Nice example you set. You both should win some sort of CITIZENSHIP award.
first amendment

Highland Lakes, NJ

#21 May 20, 2007
The guy who is accused of hacking the super luggie must have some "spit" power to be able to propel it from his drivers seat across either his passenger seat or the other guys, then across the open air seperating the two cars and hitting the guy in the face!? WOW...what power!
I'd love to watch that being proved in court!
red white and blue

AOL

#22 May 20, 2007
There is always two sides to the story...I am sure both are not innocent...if an argument/cursing continues for many exits and then continues on rt.106/107...its obvious they both knew what they were doing when they got off the road. Could it be true that once the pilot driver got off the verizon driver also got off to settle some business..or vice-versa! Again there are always two sides to the story...the other comments made it clear "both should have been detained...you cant have these lunatics driving on the road!"
Art VanDelay

Smithtown, NY

#23 May 20, 2007
first amendment wrote:
The guy who is accused of hacking the super luggie must have some "spit" power to be able to propel it from his drivers seat across either his passenger seat or the other guys, then across the open air seperating the two cars and hitting the guy in the face!? WOW...what power!
I'd love to watch that being proved in court!
"That was one magic Lugie!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theresa Maniaci-Canni, left, and George (Nov '09) 1 hr flashalan 16
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown 2 hr Sambee 4
Suspect named in Gilgo Beach murders (Dec '12) 8 hr Streetrunner 10
Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block team for... (Nov '10) 9 hr TheAfroHedgehog 7
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 10 hr Bruser 2,299
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr postcranium 6,469
Amityville Music Selection (Oct '12) Tue Musikologist 9

Massapequa Park News Video

Massapequa Park Dating
Find my Match

Massapequa Park Jobs

Massapequa Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Massapequa Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Massapequa Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]