Nassau Police Officer Killed in Massa...

Nassau Police Officer Killed in Massapequa Park

There are 16 comments on the Port Washington Patch story from Mar 13, 2011, titled Nassau Police Officer Killed in Massapequa Park. In it, Port Washington Patch reports that:

Make Patch better! Take our survey: OK Sorry, maybe next time View full size new To view this video, you may need to install Flash player version 8 or greater.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Port Washington Patch.

Ex Cop

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 13, 2011
Typical LI Cop shoot first ask questions later. The MTA and LI cops play hide a seek all day and are not properly trained except on how to pull over petty girls.

This was like a wild west shoot out.

Kid was no doupt high on drugs like most in Massapequa: They refuse to address drugs and kids problems in Crack a pequa.
abc

AOL

#2 Mar 13, 2011
Apparently, Chicago doesn't "properly train" their teachers because if they did, you would know how to spell "doubt" and "pretty". Drugs are everywhere and it is up to the parents not the town to teach their children that drugs are bad. Good try.
jean

United States

#3 Mar 13, 2011
what a horrible thing to say. An officer is dead. leaving behind a family. I suppose you would act completely different with a man in a hockey mask lunging at you with a rambo style knife. And as far as drugs its hysterical to me how all the drugs are "north of the tracks" try looking at Burns and Marjorie park and mass high school field at night. see if they are back there playing checkers. the drugs dont know where the tracks are. its a problem everywhere
bbb

White Plains, NY

#4 Mar 13, 2011
its amazing how "ex cop" knows the circumstances. just a typical ass who posted the same demented bullshit about officer califano when he was killed.
Embarrassed Nassau Cops

New York, NY

#5 Mar 13, 2011
The kid was trapped in a locked room: How about use a can of Mace or a stun Gun or maybe one of those rubber bullet shooting guns...

Why did this overpaid Nassau Police office need to whip out his 9mm gun there were many other options.
Living in Massapequa

Deer Park, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2011
Its scary how everyone will blame this event on pointing fingers at first our police that help us when we need them and try to apprehend this crazed kid that lives in massapequa. Like now everyone will start saying these ridicules jokes about our town and how bad our town reputation is. Thats sad that we all live in this same world and bash each other thats sad. Im just feeling sorry for all the families for there losses on this mistake that changed peoples live forever. I hope people could just say what a sad night, and hope it doesnt happen again.
bbb

White Plains, NY

#7 Mar 13, 2011
check out this psychos facebook and youll see the reason for all this.. his name WAS anthony digeronimo. another freak off the street. its such a shame that someones mental instability caused an innocent police officer to die. condolences to his family.
Embarrassed Nassau Cops

New York, NY

#8 Mar 13, 2011
The guy only had a knife walk away from him, or shoot him with a stun gun or pepper spray how hard can that be?

Instead the overpaid under worked Nassau Cop shot his partner becuase they don't know how to respond to real emergencys.
jesan

Saint James, NY

#9 Mar 13, 2011
Embarrassed Nassau Cops wrote:
The kid was trapped in a locked room: How about use a can of Mace or a stun Gun or maybe one of those rubber bullet shooting guns...
Why did this overpaid Nassau Police office need to whip out his 9mm gun there were many other options.
maybe you should reAD THE STORY THEN COMMENThe came out of the room and lunged at them w a rambo stytle knife. if your so sure you can do better then sign up
jesan

Saint James, NY

#10 Mar 13, 2011
Embarrassed Nassau Cops wrote:
The guy only had a knife walk away from him, or shoot him with a stun gun or pepper spray how hard can that be?
Instead the overpaid under worked Nassau Cop shot his partner becuase they don't know how to respond to real emergencys.
it wasnt a butter knife and how do u walk away from a lunging kid
JEAN

Saint James, NY

#11 Mar 13, 2011
I live around the corner and heard alol the commotion. saw and heard the helicopter and as a mom I am soooo sad for the parents of this child. He was troubled and was probably acting out of a unhealthy mind. How horrific for them to go through losing thier child and especially in such a violent way. The police officers I do not pretend to know if in the heat of the moment were their other options for them to use Ex stun guns ...mace...pepper spray. I am a civilian who could not know that. I do know that I am sure they did what they thought was the best and safest way to end the situation with no more injuries or fatalities. Imagine how the MTA officer feels. It is awful for all concerned adn AI dont think any of us are trained or in a position to JUDGE anyone. Condolences to both families.
JEAN

Saint James, NY

#12 Mar 13, 2011
Ex Cop wrote:
Typical LI Cop shoot first ask questions later. The MTA and LI cops play hide a seek all day and are not properly trained except on how to pull over petty girls.
This was like a wild west shoot out.
Kid was no doupt high on drugs like most in Massapequa: They refuse to address drugs and kids problems in Crack a pequa.
I can write EX PRESIDENT too. I know more beive you are an ex cop then I believe you are a man on the moon, And I tell you why....I have plenty of police and detectves in the family and they NEVER knock each other they STICK together like glue. A fallen officer....this would NOT be spoken about by a ex cop at all on a chat and if it was they would NEVER say "typical LI COP not trained"
Jimbo

New York, NY

#13 Mar 13, 2011
Massapequa really turing in to a Ghetto trailer park zone.

I think it's time to build a fence around Massapequa Park, north of the tracks trash at it again.
Jimbo

New York, NY

#14 Mar 13, 2011
Massapequa Park is more like Mastic these days with all the crime, shoot outs and drugs.
Yo moron

United States

#15 Mar 13, 2011
You're a maroon. You cant "walk away from" a man lunging at you with a Rambo knife. You have only two options, be carved into a pile of stinking flesh or kill the man charging you with the knife. As for the non lethal weapons are concerned, they are used when the officers lives are not at risk.
People are so naive as to just how dangerous a man with a knife is. Some will go on and on about how to disarm him, that's all nonsense. The most highly trained martial artist will, more often then not, be killed be someone savagely attacking with a large knife.
While I don't have all the facts, this man was either a deranged lunatic or committing suicide by cop. Either way what's a cop supposed to do?
bbb

White Plains, NY

#16 Mar 13, 2011
maybe he is an ex cop cause he is to stupid to be one!!his postings prove it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Andrew Crecca (Dec '10) 3 hr CRECCA IS CORRUPT 59
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 15 hr Bruser 2,759
News Police: 6 teens go missing from Mercy First gro... Sep 17 tom montalbano 1
News Bideawee animal shelter to close Wantagh adopti... (Feb '09) Sep 17 Rydejulia2014 53
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Sep 17 John Prout 18
Lost turtle help Sep 14 Ruth 2
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Sep 14 Oldfart 77

Massapequa Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Park Mortgages