Police: Roosevelt mother arrested for...

Police: Roosevelt mother arrested for leaving kids alone

There are 36 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 25, 2007, titled Police: Roosevelt mother arrested for leaving kids alone. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Roosevelt mother was arrested Wednesday after she left her two daughters, ages 11/2 and 6, home alone while she went to court to fight eviction, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Southbound

Overland Park, KS

#26 Jul 26, 2007
Pissed Taxpayer wrote:
"Amirah Aalaam, 28, of 41 E. Centennial Ave., was charged with two misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a minor. The two children, who were not injured, were placed in the custody of the 6-year-old's paternal grandfather, police said."
Nice family values Shabanga Shaboonga. Now the children will become foster kids & then on to prison. Great. Because this Mutha wanted to go out, not the rest of us will be supporting these suckers for the rest of their lives. Thanks again Mafungo.
You were already supporting her and her kids for life. She is given everything and still can't simply cash the government check and give the rent money to the landlord. Even that's too much responsibility!
Sterilize her. Find the fathers. Make them step up and pay for their children.
Shabanga Shaboonga

Lebanon, NH

#27 Jul 26, 2007
Gomer Pyle wrote:
Guess the welfare check didn't get there in time. I love paying my hard earned taxes to help these people. Go Have another kid on me !
Thanks, I will!
Southbound

Overland Park, KS

#28 Jul 26, 2007
lmb wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious--how do you know that the children have 2 different fathers? I read the article twice, and didn't see that info.
Article says the kids were placed with the paternal grandfather of the 6 year-old. Sharper minds can asertain that if they specificaly note the "paternal grandfather of the 6 year-old" then the grandfather of the 11 1/2 year-old is another man, hence, the father of the 11 1/2 year-old is a different father.
Pay attention here, will you. Don't make us explain everything, OK.(besides, it's Roosevelt... that the standard situation in Roosevelt, single mothers, multiple irresponsible fathers, taxpayer supported lives)
Malodora Mafungo

Lebanon, NH

#29 Jul 26, 2007
Bill Bairdo wrote:
<quoted text>
She won't stop at one more. As long as her va-jay-jay is damp, kids will continually fall out of it.
Those are called 'revenue enhancements', like when republicans increase taxes.
Mika

Huntington Station, NY

#30 Jul 26, 2007
Makes you wonder why in the world they let straight people have children!
PJR

Williston Park, NY

#31 Jul 26, 2007
lmb wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know what? I asked a simple question -- no need for sarcasm. I actually thought the person read a different article than I did. I am not originally from New York, and not familiar with the practice of stereotyping people on the basis of their name and/or what town they happen to live in.
Although it may be hard to be leave after reading these posts, most of us do not stereotype people based on name and or location.
Hmm

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#32 Jul 26, 2007
PJR wrote:
<quoted text>
Although it may be hard to be leave after reading these posts, most of us do not stereotype people based on name and or location.
I wouldn't call it stereotyping when the people are correct 99% of the time. It's called living in reality with an IQ over 100.
lmb

Bronx, NY

#33 Jul 26, 2007
Southbound wrote:
<quoted text>
Article says the kids were placed with the paternal grandfather of the 6 year-old. Sharper minds can asertain that if they specificaly note the "paternal grandfather of the 6 year-old" then the grandfather of the 11 1/2 year-old is another man, hence, the father of the 11 1/2 year-old is a different father.
Pay attention here, will you. Don't make us explain everything, OK.(besides, it's Roosevelt... that the standard situation in Roosevelt, single mothers, multiple irresponsible fathers, taxpayer supported lives)
Again, no need for sarcasm. How sharp is your mind when you cannot ASCERTAIN which words you SPECIFICALLY spell incorrectly? Glass houses......

“Hello!”

Since: Apr 07

Nassau

#34 Jul 26, 2007
Southbound wrote:
<quoted text>
1 and 1/2, not 11 and 1/2 - big difference...

A Roosevelt mother was arrested Wednesday after she left her two daughters, ages 11/2 and 6, home alone while she went to court to fight eviction, police said.
Southbound

Overland Park, KS

#35 Jul 26, 2007
Malodora Mafungo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are called 'revenue enhancements', like when republicans increase taxes.
Maybe things are different where you live, but here, it's Democrats who raise taxes to pay for people like this woman!
Southbound

Overland Park, KS

#36 Jul 26, 2007
lmb wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no need for sarcasm. How sharp is your mind when you cannot ASCERTAIN which words you SPECIFICALLY spell incorrectly? Glass houses......
Reading, comprehending, and thinking are considerably different things from typing skills.
Congratulations on being able to type.
Southbound

Overland Park, KS

#37 Jul 26, 2007
LovinLife wrote:
<quoted text>
1 and 1/2, not 11 and 1/2 - big difference...
Character spacing. My mistake.
bbmf

Bronx, NY

#39 Jul 26, 2007
Southbound wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading, comprehending, and thinking are considerably different things from typing skills.
Congratulations on being able to type.
You seem to be able to type just fine as well. You just can't spell.
dana32

Hampstead, MD

#41 Jul 14, 2013
Gomer Pyle wrote:
Guess the welfare check didn't get there in time. I love paying my hard earned taxes to help these people. Go Have another kid on me !
I hate when ppl judge a situation without all the facts. FYI she did have a job at the time this was happening.
dana32

Hampstead, MD

#42 Jul 14, 2013
Southbound wrote:
<quoted text>
You were already supporting her and her kids for life. She is given everything and still can't simply cash the government check and give the rent money to the landlord. Even that's too much responsibility!
Sterilize her. Find the fathers. Make them step up and pay for their children.
This woman put in just as many taxes as u...if not more. N their fathers are very active in her childrens lives.
JusticeWeSeek

Brooklyn, NY

#43 Jan 4, 2015
People struggle and make wrong decisions but there's always reasons for them and there's always a way to make up for it you kick the woman down and drag her name through the dirt but there's soo many ppl who do it. Though it does not make it the best. Look at yourselves look at what you write with suicide especially how words that hurt can affect that person to ending their life from depression. And as for race I'm a African American Women and just because racist or prejudice Caucasian may say that " Another Black Mark" that's horrible because there's Caucasians that don't have much either. An to set the record straight African Americans are brown not black. You never know what someone could be going through or what they thought and if she was fighting eviction she was fighting for her daughters to stay at a home. We don't know what's going on in people's life so let's stop acting like it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Bruser 8,006
News Suspect named in Gilgo Beach murders (Dec '12) 14 hr jane58 13
News Mangano Announces 5K Run & Dog Walk To Benefit ... 19 hr longtimeVET 1
Very Honest & Great Guy Itzik Vaisfiche Sun Orange Apple3210 3
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Aug 1 Larry42 14
David Redlo Construction DBA Right Choice Home ... (Jul '10) Aug 1 giant 2
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Aug 1 Bruser 2,465
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Park Mortgages