How to Blog on Patch

Mar 31, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 19

So you want to blog for Patch ? Here's how to do it in 5 easy steps: Decide which Patch suits you best.

Full Story
Allie

West Islip, NY

#1 Apr 1, 2013
Don't bother blogging on Patch. They censor the blogs, too. By which opinions and which observations are being censored, looks like Patch is in someone's pocket in our town. Where will it end? Will it ever end? A more fitting question; Where did people's integrity go?
Pampatriot

West Islip, NY

#2 Apr 1, 2013
Allie, just keep posting the truth. They are great at censorship. They try to silence the opposition. It's worse than ever before. Did you see where I questioned why the Patch didn't mention anything about EASTER?Hmmm. Where is the outrage from the community?{{{crickets chirping}}}
Did you notice the word EASTER is being removed from things like the Bethpage 20th annual EASTER egg hunt?
Now they call it the spring egg hunt and the spring bunny. Very un-Christian like.
You've got to watch for the wolves dressed in sheeps clothing. It's not hard to test these people. Their fangs come out even with just the smallest provocation.
The other thing I noticed is that a few of these ACTORS are suddenly trying to play nicey nice with those who used to be hardcore dessenters. "Oh, we're concerned too"..."Yes yes, I know you are"...nausiating!
It has to go that way, and why? Because it ends the contentions being waged and alleged against decisions that were made (in the background), which have already been implimented without any accountability what so ever.
I also noticed that on the district website Simon addressed the CCC by posting a letter written by Dr. King (the commissioner of education) whereby he explains how he understands people's concerns because change is never welcomed. More nausia!
He claims that parents and teachers shouldn't be concerned with the poor tests results that they will be experiencing and expect in 2013, on the common core, because those are only indicators of how far we have to go to get our students up to par with the common core standards going forward. Even more nausia!
So this year teacher evaluaions will not be impacted negatively on them, due to the poor outcomes, as this is an expected part of the transition.
The teachers are as confused as the students who are being taught geared to the tests. The results are all that matters. It's going to get ugly for teachers!
Are children in the 3rd and 4th and 5th grades able to write their names in script? Can they sign their names? Pretty basic stuff.
The go math is the most convoluted way to arrive at an answer. Deep thinking, more in depth, reading to defend an arguement over content. Bizzare!
This common core curriculum is taking away the ability for a teacher to gear their teaching style towards the students abilities. It takes the control away from the states and local districts to design and define their curriculum the way they see fit, for what they define academic rigor to be. I mean what the hell did they go to school to become a teacher for, to be expectd to some lock box approach to education?
It's social progressivism at it's best.
I see one wolf who cannot hide behind the tight fitting, uncomfortable, sheep skin she's trying to pull off while noshing on her scarf, and she is kidding herself if she thinks people don't see what she's up to. Two can play the same game.


Pampatriot

West Islip, NY

#3 Apr 1, 2013
Pampatriot wrote:
Allie, just keep posting the truth. They are great at censorship. They try to silence the opposition. It's worse than ever before. Did you see where I questioned why the Patch didn't mention anything about EASTER?Hmmm. Where is the outrage from the community?{{{crickets chirping}}}
Did you notice the word EASTER is being removed from things like the Bethpage 20th annual EASTER egg hunt?
Now they call it the spring egg hunt and the spring bunny. Very un-Christian like.
You've got to watch for the wolves dressed in sheeps clothing. It's not hard to test these people. Their fangs come out even with just the smallest provocation.
The other thing I noticed is that a few of these ACTORS are suddenly trying to play nicey nice with those who used to be hardcore dessenters. "Oh, we're concerned too"..."Yes yes, I know you are"...nausiating!
It has to go that way, and why? Because it ends the contentions being waged and alleged against decisions that were made (in the background), which have already been implimented without any accountability what so ever.
I also noticed that on the district website Simon addressed the CCC by posting a letter written by Dr. King (the commissioner of education) whereby he explains how he understands people's concerns because change is never welcomed. More nausia!
He claims that parents and teachers shouldn't be concerned with the poor tests results that they will be experiencing and expect in 2013, on the common core, because those are only indicators of how far we have to go to get our students up to par with the common core standards going forward. Even more nausia!
So this year teacher evaluaions will not be impacted negatively on them, due to the poor outcomes, as this is an expected part of the transition.
The teachers are as confused as the students who are being taught geared to the tests. The results are all that matters. It's going to get ugly for teachers!
Are children in the 3rd and 4th and 5th grades able to write their names in script? Can they sign their names? Pretty basic stuff.
The go math is the most convoluted way to arrive at an answer. Deep thinking, more in depth, reading to defend an arguement over content. Bizzare!
This common core curriculum is taking away the ability for a teacher to gear their teaching style towards the students abilities. It takes the control away from the states and local districts to design and define their curriculum the way they see fit, for what they define academic rigor to be. I mean what the hell did they go to school to become a teacher for, to be expectd to some lock box approach to education?
It's social progressivism at it's best.
I see one wolf who cannot hide behind the tight fitting, uncomfortable, sheep skin she's trying to pull off while noshing on her scarf, and she is kidding herself if she thinks people don't see what she's up to. Two can play the same game.
I meant Belmont state park.
seenit

West Islip, NY

#4 Apr 1, 2013
I know how very professional looking..putting hands over face, eating a scarf, chuckling like a simpleton.

wi resident

West Islip, NY

#5 Apr 1, 2013
seenit wrote:
I know how very professional looking..putting hands over face, eating a scarf, chuckling like a simpleton.
Don't forget when she lowers her voice 3 octaves and says into her microphone: "I hear what you're saying"
I want to run up to her phonie face and vomit on it.
Hands down she's got to be the fakest phoniest two-faced snake I've ever had the displeasure of seeing in action. Yuck. Double yuck.
Allie

West Islip, NY

#6 Apr 1, 2013
seenit wrote:
I know how very professional looking..putting hands over face, eating a scarf, chuckling like a simpleton.
I always thought she ate her scarf to stop herself from eating the the people on either side of her.
Pampatriot

West Islip, NY

#7 Apr 1, 2013
I read on patch the interest Ms. LaRosa showed going "And one of my main goals over the next three years will be to find ways to update the districts technology infrastructure and use of technology in the classroom. I will be advocating for smartboards in our classroom and wireless technology in the schools." When Mr. Marmo raised the issue of putting the million dollar gift towards this "main goal" (which should be the main focus, as he so easily outlined) he was shot down.
He said this is not really a gift and he was also right to point out where we should step in and redirect the money to an area in the district which all students can benefit from. I didn't care for the way he was handled one bit!
TAXPAC

Deer Park, NY

#8 Apr 1, 2013
Pampatriot wrote:
Allie, just keep posting the truth. They are great at censorship. They try to silence the opposition. It's worse than ever before. Did you see where I questioned why the Patch didn't mention anything about EASTER?Hmmm. Where is the outrage from the community?{{{crickets chirping}}}
Did you notice the word EASTER is being removed from things like the Bethpage 20th annual EASTER egg hunt?
Now they call it the spring egg hunt and the spring bunny. Very un-Christian like.
You've got to watch for the wolves dressed in sheeps clothing. It's not hard to test these people. Their fangs come out even with just the smallest provocation.
The other thing I noticed is that a few of these ACTORS are suddenly trying to play nicey nice with those who used to be hardcore dessenters. "Oh, we're concerned too"..."Yes yes, I know you are"...nausiating!
It has to go that way, and why? Because it ends the contentions being waged and alleged against decisions that were made (in the background), which have already been implimented without any accountability what so ever.
I also noticed that on the district website Simon addressed the CCC by posting a letter written by Dr. King (the commissioner of education) whereby he explains how he understands people's concerns because change is never welcomed. More nausia!
He claims that parents and teachers shouldn't be concerned with the poor tests results that they will be experiencing and expect in 2013, on the common core, because those are only indicators of how far we have to go to get our students up to par with the common core standards going forward. Even more nausia!
So this year teacher evaluaions will not be impacted negatively on them, due to the poor outcomes, as this is an expected part of the transition.
The teachers are as confused as the students who are being taught geared to the tests. The results are all that matters. It's going to get ugly for teachers!
Are children in the 3rd and 4th and 5th grades able to write their names in script? Can they sign their names? Pretty basic stuff.
The go math is the most convoluted way to arrive at an answer. Deep thinking, more in depth, reading to defend an arguement over content. Bizzare!
This common core curriculum is taking away the ability for a teacher to gear their teaching style towards the students abilities. It takes the control away from the states and local districts to design and define their curriculum the way they see fit, for what they define academic rigor to be. I mean what the hell did they go to school to become a teacher for, to be expectd to some lock box approach to education?
It's social progressivism at it's best.
I see one wolf who cannot hide behind the tight fitting, uncomfortable, sheep skin she's trying to pull off while noshing on her scarf, and she is kidding herself if she thinks people don't see what she's up to. Two can play the same game.
It has been almost a year since your last blog post. Could not get over selling that crap? Or was it that the community did not want the taxpac crap? Give me liberty!
wi resident

West Islip, NY

#9 Apr 1, 2013
Pampatriot wrote:
I read on patch the interest Ms. LaRosa showed going "And one of my main goals over the next three years will be to find ways to update the districts technology infrastructure and use of technology in the classroom. I will be advocating for smartboards in our classroom and wireless technology in the schools." When Mr. Marmo raised the issue of putting the million dollar gift towards this "main goal" (which should be the main focus, as he so easily outlined) he was shot down.
He said this is not really a gift and he was also right to point out where we should step in and redirect the money to an area in the district which all students can benefit from. I didn't care for the way he was handled one bit!
When did this happen?
Allie

West Islip, NY

#10 Apr 1, 2013
TAXPAC wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been almost a year since your last blog post. Could not get over selling that crap? Or was it that the community did not want the taxpac crap? Give me liberty!
Don't look for TAXPAC...she ate TAXPAC before she started wearing the scarfs.
Pampatriot

West Islip, NY

#11 Apr 2, 2013
wi resident wrote:
<quoted text>
When did this happen?
March 14 BOE meeting which is now posted on the district website.
Pampatriot

West Islip, NY

#12 Apr 2, 2013
TAXPAC wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been almost a year since your last blog post. Could not get over selling that crap? Or was it that the community did not want the taxpac crap? Give me liberty!
Give me liberty? People like you destroy your own liberty.
Rich

Mountainside, NJ

#13 Apr 2, 2013
Get rit of IP before it's to late. We ar plenty ejucated without it
Pampatriot

West Islip, NY

#14 Apr 2, 2013
Rich wrote:
Get rit of IP before it's to late. We ar plenty ejucated without it
Typical, attack Rich (from the Patch) because he kept writing IP instead of IB.
The problem with you is that you can't handle anybody that says anything against your socialist "progressive" pet programs.
Remember someone told you IB isn't going anywhere?
Marmo made you people look like bird brains which is why one of your ilk had a widdle temper tantrum like a spoiled child. So professional.
Shut up and eat your scarf!
Rich

Mountainside, NJ

#15 Apr 2, 2013
No one taking shoots at me.Me and Irene Ben doin shooters tho.
Nathan R Jessep

Deer Park, NY

#16 Apr 2, 2013
Pampatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me liberty? People like you destroy your own liberty.
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Cupcake people think you are'crazy and you are so simple you don't even realize that the Founding Fathers were enlightened progressives.
cwuamlioowi

West Islip, NY

#17 Apr 2, 2013
Pampatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical, attack Rich (from the Patch) because he kept writing IP instead of IB.
The problem with you is that you can't handle anybody that says anything against your socialist "progressive" pet programs.
Remember someone told you IB isn't going anywhere?
Marmo made you people look like bird brains which is why one of your ilk had a widdle temper tantrum like a spoiled child. So professional.
Shut up and eat your scarf!
Hey Pam, aren't the boe meetings being videotaped by the district?
I'd LOVE to get a look at the scarf-eating, temper-tantrum, bird-brained, self-appointed-queen-of-west-i slip behaving like a fool when she's been proven wrong in front of an audience---AGAIN. LOL!
And as a follow up bit of information: WISD NEVER got and NEVER will get all of the $ it was owed from NYS after the colossal boo-boo was uncovered that the district had "forgotten" to file proper paperwork w/NYS for reimbursement of certain special education expenses. WISD could only go back and recoup 2 years worth of that money because that's the law. Anything older than 2 years cannot be recouped! After all has been said and done WISD has lost YEARS of reimbursement $ from NYS simply because our district "forgot" to file proper paperwork with NYS. So regardless of how we were told the district would file years of unfiled paperwork and get all the money that was owed to us THE TRUTH IS IT JUST ISN'T SO BECAUSE WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY OF THE MONEY PAST THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF UNFILED PAPERWORK. told ya.
Pampatriot

West Islip, NY

#18 Apr 3, 2013
cwuamlioowi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pam, aren't the boe meetings being videotaped by the district?
I'd LOVE to get a look at the scarf-eating, temper-tantrum, bird-brained, self-appointed-queen-of-west-i slip behaving like a fool when she's been proven wrong in front of an audience---AGAIN. LOL!
And as a follow up bit of information: WISD NEVER got and NEVER will get all of the $ it was owed from NYS after the colossal boo-boo was uncovered that the district had "forgotten" to file proper paperwork w/NYS for reimbursement of certain special education expenses. WISD could only go back and recoup 2 years worth of that money because that's the law. Anything older than 2 years cannot be recouped! After all has been said and done WISD has lost YEARS of reimbursement $ from NYS simply because our district "forgot" to file proper paperwork with NYS. So regardless of how we were told the district would file years of unfiled paperwork and get all the money that was owed to us THE TRUTH IS IT JUST ISN'T SO BECAUSE WE'RE NOT GETTING ANY OF THE MONEY PAST THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF UNFILED PAPERWORK. told ya.
These people don't care how they look, or how they come across. It's great that the video's are now on the district website. Now everyone can see some of their bad behavior in action. It's also unappetizing to witness the disrespect and snarky attitude directed at one of their contemporaries.
Whose job was it to make sure that the applications for the state aid was entered on time? That person should have been held accountable and swifty fired, heaven knows they make too much money to be forgetting anything. But then again, that person is probably no longer in DO but off in Hawaii basking in the sun on a lovely and large pension.
Pampatriot

West Islip, NY

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Nathan R Jessep wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Cupcake people think you are'crazy and you are so simple you don't even realize that the Founding Fathers were enlightened progressives.
Now you're trying to compare yourself with the founding fathers?
I doubt they used the term cupcake when addressing people. Although, from the looks of things, I am sure you and some of your buddies are fond of your cupcakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr Bruser 7,940
which auto repair shop to choose in Farmingdale... Fri Charlie 1
Arrest Report: DWI, Criminal Possession (Nov '11) Fri Ginger 16
Annymous Fri Anonymous 1
irish mob (Oct '13) Thu ClipperHatBoy 31
Dogwood la Dec 24 Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365

Massapequa Park News Video

Massapequa Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Massapequa Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Massapequa Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Massapequa Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:45 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:45AM
New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins: Live Miami Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants: Live New York Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants: Live New York Score and Analysis
NBC Sports 9:15 AM
Jets manage to Jets up a coaching search that hasn't started
CBS Sports 9:29 AM
Report: Jets called Rex Ryan's agent to inquire about another coach