First Prev
of 6
Next Last
nck

Farmington, CT

#102 Oct 29, 2011
Youre getting shrimp, for free, and youre complaining that you have to peel it or dig through ice to get at it??? Its free........they aren't gonna make it easy for you!!!!! Maybe they should chew it for you too!!!
Sheri Kisselbach

Phoenix, AZ

#103 Jul 13, 2014
MynxxMcC wrote:
<quoted text>
We have such great memories of BC's in Bay Shore from more than 20 years ago. Going there was like being with family; I even still have a wedding pic of one of my favorite servers, Sue. Used to know her last name, but can't remember now. If she is still married, she would be celebrating her 22nd wedding anniversary. Amazing.
There was often a long wait, but our party ate shrimp and drank beer and Sangria until we popped. I loved their peel-your-own shrimp. Never could duplicate the spices they used. And the steak was always done to perfection.
They used wooden baskets for their burgers and fries and one time (ONLY one time), a roach crawled out of the basket. Turns out they like to nest in baskets. Well, I didn't make a big deal out of it. Told the server quietly and they got me a new burger on a plate. I'm not squeamish about stuff like that. It's difficult to keep a restaurant completely roach-free.
But they immediately stopped using baskets for burger, so at least they were trying to correct an icky situation. And you should have seen the comps the grateful manager gave us for not overreacting about the bug. If something was wrong (which was rare), they would correct it cheerfully. I wish THAT manager would reopen.
We moved to Jersey in 1989 and went to the Staten Island B.C. for a while, but it just wasn't the same. Plus we had to pay the bridge toll each time we went. Not sure if that one closed or not.
I usually make my own decision instead of basing my reactions on reviews, but this place sounds SOOO bad, I won't even bother to try it when we visit our L.I. friends in July. What a shame.
Hello!!
I was the assistant manager and then the general manager of the Bay Shore Beefsteak Charlies. There were two waitresses named Sue that worked with me.
I worked there when Hurricane Gloria hit. It flooded the basement and ripped off part of the roof.
We had great times while working there. The old building was a fascinating place. Is the building still standing? I would love to hear from any of our old employees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 17 hr Bruser 8,016
News Fewer immigrants join yearly call for reform on... Fri wild child 1
Review: Kenneth Severinsen Fri DieKenny 1
Review: Maxy Nails (Jun '14) Apr 29 Cutie415 8
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Apr 29 Bruser 2,434
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Apr 28 Kept 10
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Apr 28 aalexis97 22
More from around the web

Massapequa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE