Review: Beefsteak Charlie's
stacey

United States

#82 Oct 28, 2009
UMMM........What happened to reviewing Beefsteak Charlie's. THAT is what this site is for!
Dan

Hicksville, NY

#83 Nov 7, 2009
was happy to see beefsteak charlies was back was looking foward to going. after all the bad stuff i just read and also heard around I will not ever be going to that place. to bad that sucks
darren

United States

#84 Nov 7, 2009
u cant believe everything u hear u should try it urself its really a great rest they have 1399 special i had taliapia a pot a soda and unlim salad n shrimp bar highly recommened!!!
Len

New York, NY

#85 Nov 17, 2009
Went there about 2 mos. ago with my wife. We sat, and sat, and sat. About 20 mins later we got up and walked out. It's not like it was crowded, there were maybe 10 other people in there besides us. What a disappointment !!!
leo

Demotte, IN

#86 Nov 17, 2009
Len it took u 2 months to post r u slow?yeaa lol
Len

New York, NY

#87 Nov 17, 2009
leo wrote:
Len it took u 2 months to post r u slow?yeaa lol
Did not know this board was up here until just today. Unlike you , I have a life and am not always current on the topix boards.
Mr BF Charlie

New York, NY

#88 Nov 21, 2009
I give it 3 of 5 stars. I don't like the idea of pealing my own shrimp at the salid bar. Food is good. Place is slow and not crowded at all. I still miss Farralls ice cream in the Mall.
michael

AOL

#89 Feb 13, 2010
Mr BF Charlie wrote:
I give it 3 of 5 stars. I don't like the idea of pealing my own shrimp at the salid bar. Food is good. Place is slow and not crowded at all. I still miss Farralls ice cream in the Mall.
people,people,try reviewing the restaurant and not each others reviews,none of you know each other so why do you try to speculate about strangers on a computer,hostility on here is pointless and obviously coming from somewhere else and using this as an outlet,if you really get off on badmouthing strangers on a beefsteak charlie's message board,I would review what is going wrong in your life a little more often than a steakhouse that may or may not suck!!!!
Great Chuck

Brooklyn, NY

#90 Feb 14, 2010
Great Place, I wish the shrimp were pealed at the salid bar.
Jimmy Crack Corn

Chicago, IL

#91 Feb 17, 2010
Yes. B S C is a great place bnever a line to eat. Reccomended.

PS it is not the Beefe Steake from 20 years ago.
Roger

Freehold, NJ

#92 Mar 21, 2010
I was at the mall on friday March 19th 2010, Nassau County Sheriffs had 6 guys there along with 5 moving trucks and 10 movers they where taking everything out of the restaurant I aksed one of the sheriffs he told me it was a court ordered eviction for non payment of rent.
Acid Free

New York, NY

#93 Mar 28, 2010
I went to Beefsteak Charlie's last night for dinner and this place at 1250 Sunrise Mall Hwy (Sunrise Mall) was closed down.

Yes they already shut down Beefsteak Charlies?

I do not think they were opened 1 year yet?

I enjoyed the place and thought the food was great and priced right.

Lets bring back Farrells in the mall.
MynxxMcC

AOL

#94 May 16, 2010
Brian wrote:
Worked at Beefsteak's in Bay Shore for 12 years til they closed. Never had more fun on a job in my life. And I missed the best times. Heard stories from some of the people who worked there in the 70s and it was a non stop party for guests and employees alike. They'll never be able to recreate it.
We have such great memories of BC's in Bay Shore from more than 20 years ago. Going there was like being with family; I even still have a wedding pic of one of my favorite servers, Sue. Used to know her last name, but can't remember now. If she is still married, she would be celebrating her 22nd wedding anniversary. Amazing.

There was often a long wait, but our party ate shrimp and drank beer and Sangria until we popped. I loved their peel-your-own shrimp. Never could duplicate the spices they used. And the steak was always done to perfection.

They used wooden baskets for their burgers and fries and one time (ONLY one time), a roach crawled out of the basket. Turns out they like to nest in baskets. Well, I didn't make a big deal out of it. Told the server quietly and they got me a new burger on a plate. I'm not squeamish about stuff like that. It's difficult to keep a restaurant completely roach-free.

But they immediately stopped using baskets for burger, so at least they were trying to correct an icky situation. And you should have seen the comps the grateful manager gave us for not overreacting about the bug. If something was wrong (which was rare), they would correct it cheerfully. I wish THAT manager would reopen.

We moved to Jersey in 1989 and went to the Staten Island B.C. for a while, but it just wasn't the same. Plus we had to pay the bridge toll each time we went. Not sure if that one closed or not.

I usually make my own decision instead of basing my reactions on reviews, but this place sounds SOOO bad, I won't even bother to try it when we visit our L.I. friends in July. What a shame.
Beefsteak Charlie

Chicago, IL

#95 Oct 17, 2010
I miss beefsteak Charlies at the westfield Mall..("Unlimited")- Salid bar shrimp.
smarty

Bronx, NY

#96 Oct 18, 2010
U can't spell dweeb ur stupid like those morans that opened that wanabe beefsteaks they had no idea how to run it lol hopefully they open a laundromat
Rob D

New York, NY

#97 Oct 24, 2010
Beefsteak Charlies where is the nearest one to Mastic or Shirley on Long Island?
NO- LMFAO at YOU

Cresskill, NJ

#98 Jun 10, 2011
shelia wrote:
to carol,
Get alife, they are probably happy your are not coming back, you sound like a real pain
To Sheila
You seem like the type of loser who would eat (or serve)dog poo and and think it was haute cuisine.
If Carol thinks the food was crap, She is entitled to her opinion.
Then again you probably work there
smarty

United States

#99 Jun 10, 2011
Loser they closed last year Moran get a life u fat ass
Carol

Hicksville, NY

#100 Jun 10, 2011
I had some great times at Beefsteak Charlies.
Warren Brown

New York, NY

#101 Jun 11, 2011
Hey I was sleeping with a girl at Beefsteak Charlies, I worked in the mall and met her in the parking lot for car date and casual encounters she was from Massapequa and married I miss her booty, and the after work booty calls near the spinning square outside. Anyone know her name blond hair, skinny, sores on her legs she said was from exama?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 1 hr Bruser 8,579
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 1 hr Bruser 2,734
News Arrest in Levittown graffiti spree (May '09) 9 hr blake norman 250
Help find someone who can castrate me. (Oct '16) Thu Darkstar1967 6
News Dozens of Students Barred From Graduation After... Tue We are ESM 1
News Not guilty pleas filed in Elmont double-murder ... (Apr '07) Jun 20 Sidney Newman Jr 127
New Political Bumper Sticker Jun 19 Judge Clar Thomas 4

Massapequa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Mortgages