Sensors added to old LIRR escalators

Full story: MyFoxNY

About two weeks after a woman was asphyxiated when her clothes got entangled in a Long Island Rail Road station escalator, the railroad announced it will install new sensors on its oldest escalators.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2012
jennyjo

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

I also had a problem with that escalator. It should've been inspected more and in use more. With all the big bucks that the railroad executives make maybe they need less executives and lower salaries so they have the money to repair equipment. How tragic that a lady died because of the escalator. The railroad doesn't even have anyone in most ticket offices any more. Everything is sold by machine and therefore there is no security at most train stations. They don't even have humans answering the phones for most train info. With all these employees gone, the salaries are gone, and they can't fix things with the outrageous prices that the tickets cost? How sad for the lady's family.
With All Due Respect

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

I never had a problem with that escalator. How could you let your 89 year old mother take the train by herself. I don't get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Massapequa News Video

•••
•••

Massapequa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Massapequa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE