Posted in the Massapequa Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Criminal Activity

Montgomery, AL

#1 Oct 15, 2008
Abraham Roth & Assoc is BAD NEWS.
They collected a debt for me of more than $20,000 and then KEPT THE MONEY!
This has been my experience:
- Never return calls
- Never respond to e-mail
- Hang up on me (3X)
- Lie all the time
- Collect your money - then they keep it!
Worst kind of criminals
Prosecution pending with Nassau County Law Enforcement
to the truth

West Babylon, NY

#2 Oct 15, 2008
steve kahn is a crook he sould be hung out to dry his partner rich is the pawn.. there new office number is 5167977700 you can run but you can't hide.......
LOOK AT THIS

West Babylon, NY

#3 Oct 15, 2008
DOWN 60 GRAND

New York, NY

#4 Oct 16, 2008
Report: Abraham Roth Collection Agency
Category: Collection Agencies

Abraham Roth Collection Agency Collected Money...and Kept ALL of it!! New York New York

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?
Victim of this person/company?
Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don´t let them get away with it!
Abraham Roth Collection Agency
Phone: 877-482-2740
Fax:
www.abrahamroth.com
New York, New York,
U.S.A.

Submitted: 10/9/2008 6:34:12 PM
Modified: 10/9/2008 6:34:00 PM
David
Tampa, Florida

This company was recommended by Buyer Zone so I trusted them. I gave them over $60,000 in receivables...they admit collecting from my clients but have refused all requests for reports and remittance. It has been over 3 months...they have my accounts and MY money!! I am writing the New York Attorney General. I now see numerous complaints...these guys are thieves!! I want to see these guys behind bars!!

David
Tampa, Florida
U.S.A.
HERE WE GO AGAIN

Washington, DC

#6 Oct 18, 2008
If you're looking for a professional, customer-oriented, responsive collection agency, keep looking. Don't fall for Howard's pitch. I turned two accounts over to them six months ago. Their contract said they would receive a 20% commission. Yet, after they told me they collected one account in full, the amount I rec'd was $700+ less than 80% of the outstanding debt.

Their contract states that they will provide the Client with an appropriate statement reflecting monies collected. I never saw one. I have no idea what the status is on the other account I turned over to them. Numerous calls made to their office to obtain a status received no response, although each time I was assured that someone would call me back. Further, I requested status via a certified letter and have received no response.

On one occasion, while I was attempting to carry on a conversation with whomever answered the phone (you'll get only first names at A-R Assoc.) another of their employees was shouting in the background, his words peppered liberally with the f-word. Another time when I complained to the person answering the phone that Steve never returns my calls, the person told me he couldn't be responsible for Steve's behavior. When I asked if there was anyone there who IS responsible, I was told they were out of the office. Only on one occasion did I talk to anyone who seemed interested in my situation. He was unable to provide me with status because he had been there only a few weeks. To me, that explained why he showed an interest - he hadn't been fully absorbed into the Abraham Roth Assoc business model.

Carol
Fancy Gap, Virginia
U.S.A.
HERE WE GO AGAIN

Washington, DC

#7 Oct 18, 2008
LOOK AT THIS

Washington, DC

#9 Oct 19, 2008
I hired Abraham Roth and Assocites to collect a debt for me and when it came time for them to pay me the collected amount they kept stalling. I then find out that their accounts have been "frozen" by creditors. Further investigation shows that they are not incorporated at either the state or county level. In the last few conversations I actually had with them, they even said they were moving their offices. Do I have any recourse or means to collect the remaining balanace owed to me of $4668.00

Optional Information:
Massapequa, New York

Already Tried:
Filed complaints with the FTC and the BBB
LOOK AT THIS

Washington, DC

#10 Oct 19, 2008
We contacted Abraham Roth regarding a delinquent account that we needed collected at the end of 2006. Mr. Steve Kahn, took the customers info as well as ours and said that he would contact us as soon as he spoke with the company. What followed was about six months of sending emails, calling, leaving messages, and trying to speak with ANYONE else there other then the receptionist. Finally, we got ahold of Mr Kahn, and he told us that our files had been lost, the computer went down and he had been sick, so he never got back to us. He assured us that this had NEVER happened in the 22 years he had been in business and that he would lets us know as soon as the comapny paid us. We contacted our client, who then informed us that they had paid the debt in full to Abraham Roth. When I called back and was able to speak with Mr Kahn, he said that he remebered them paying and that we had to send canceled checks to prove it. We now have copies of those checks, which show that payments were made, but cannot get ahold of anyone to fax them over. I no longer trust them enough to simply fax them over. I will NEVER use this company again and have let all of our large clients know not to use them either. I also find it amusing that the ' owner' has time to write a rebuttel, but cant find time to e'mail thier clients back.

Anon
signal hill, California
U.S.A.
RIPPED OFF 2

Sunbury, OH

#12 Oct 29, 2008
I too have had an unfortunate relationship with Abraham Roth and Associates, or Asset Recovery Systems, Inc., or whatever the name they want to go by. Referred by Buyer's Zone as well...
Steve Kahn and his partner Rich are crooks and liars. I have contacted the NY Attorney's office and BBB.
If anyone wants their address, it is 81 Grand Ave., Massapequa NY 11758.
Montgomery, AL

#13 Oct 29, 2008
To everyone ripped off by Abraham & Roth.
The Nassau Count District Attorney has assiged an investigator. His name is Bill Gillespie with the Racketeering Bureau. I strongly suggest that you call him on his cell phone and tell him about your experiences with Rich, Steve and Howard. Bill can be reached on his cell at: five-one-six, eight-seven-zero, two-seven-one-nine.
Racketeering and embezzelment crimes are a felony, and are addresed under the 18 U.S.C. 1961 RICO Act. Convicted offenders receive fines and jail terms. All it takes is two offenses to establish a "pattern" that will influence prosecution. Plaitiffs are entitled to "treble damages" - three times the actual damages if a conviction is final.
RIPPED OFF 2

Sunbury, OH

#14 Oct 31, 2008
I need to post this in all fairness. I did receive a check yesterday for a portion of what was owed to me by Abraham Roth & Associates and have been speaking with Rich in resolving the rest of the debt. We are attempting a resolution in my dispute and it appears that Rich does actively wish to resolve this.
Ripped Off 2

Montgomery, AL

#16 Nov 3, 2008
He's right - they have passed multiple bad checks - all have bounced. They say they want to "fix" the embezzelement of your money - then leave you worse off than before with you incurring bank fees from the bounced checks! Don't believe anything they say!!!
FROM THE INSIDE

AOL

#17 Nov 3, 2008
Ripped Off 2 wrote:
He's right - they have passed multiple bad checks - all have bounced. They say they want to "fix" the embezzelement of your money - then leave you worse off than before with you incurring bank fees from the bounced checks! Don't believe anything they say!!!
The Nassau Count District Attorney has assiged an investigator. His name is Bill Gillespie with the Racketeering Bureau. I strongly suggest that you call him on his cell phone and tell him about your experiences with Rich, Steve and Howard. Bill can be reached on his cell at: five-one-six, eight-seven-zero, two-seven-one-nine.
Racketeering and embezzelment crimes are a felony, and are addresed under the 18 U.S.C. 1961 RICO Act. Convicted offenders receive fines and jail terms. All it takes is two offenses to establish a "pattern" that will influence prosecution. Plaitiffs are entitled to "treble damages" - three times the actual damages if a conviction is final.
FROM THE INSIDE

AOL

#18 Nov 3, 2008
FROM THE INSIDE wrote:
<quoted text>To everyone ripped off by Abraham & Roth.
To Everyone that has been ripped off by Rich and Steve:
ABC News has agreed to run a televised investigation of Abraham & Roth (not a joke). If you would like to have your story told and get justice, please directly contact the lead reporter from ABC in New York, Sarah Wallace at two-one-two, four-five-six, three-one-seven-seven or [email protected]
If you leave her a simple summary of your A&R nightmare with your phone number, she WILL call you back.
I have alredy agreed to come forward, and I need all of you to help by doing the same!
What they are doing is rackateering and carries a jail term! Thanks for your help.
DOWN 60 GRAND

New York, NY

#19 Nov 5, 2008
NOW...A HOT CHECK!! David [11/4/2008 1:13:04 PM]

Submitted: 11/4/2008 1:13:04 PM
Modified: 11/4/2008 1:53:56 PM David
Tampa, Florida
U.S.A.

NOW...A HOT CHECK!!
After hounding them with repeated calls...they mailed me a check...it bounced!! They sent no report...nothing buy a hot check! At least I have something solid to give to the prosecutor in NY. They avoid my calls...bet they can't avoid a felony hot check warrant!

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?
Victim of this person/company?
Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don´t let them get away with it!
Repair Your Reputation

Got Reports filed against you? Resolve the issues and rebuild trust through our Corporate Advocacy Program.

DOWN 60 GRAND

New York, NY

#20 Nov 13, 2008
CHECK THIS OUT MUST HAVE REALLY GOT THESE GUYS
http://www.abrahamrothsucks.com/
DOWN 60 GRAND

New York, NY

#21 Nov 13, 2008
OHHHH NOOO LOOK AT THIS ://www.justanswer.com/question s/14pf7-internet-company-ky-ow ed-ca-15k
mr-collections

Staten Island, NY

#22 Nov 13, 2008
Why bash this company if you have proof that they have not tried to resolve all matters call rich or steve they are willing to repay anyone claiming they are owed money.David phillips of island media is the 60 grand guy. abraham collected the funds 2000 approxiamtly and has now given him certified funds
DOWN 60 GRAND

New York, NY

#23 Nov 13, 2008
mr-collections wrote:
Why bash this company if you have proof that they have not tried to resolve all matters call rich or steve they are willing to repay anyone claiming they are owed money.David phillips of island media is the 60 grand guy. abraham collected the funds 2000 approxiamtly and has now given him certified funds
CHECK THIS OUT MUST HAVE REALLY GOT THESE GUYS
http://www.abrahamrothsucks.com/
DOWN 60 GRAND

New York, NY

#24 Nov 13, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 5 hr Bruser 8,341
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) 21 hr Chimneyman39 331
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Mon Bruser 2,665
Illegal Apartments In Levittown are Hurting Pro... Sun Eager Beaver 8
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Aug 12 fred barna 151
News Cops: Wantagh Man Burglarized 10 Homes in 3 Months (Sep '10) Aug 9 Evan schantz 295
Parking at Massapequa LIRR Jun '16 peeved 1

Massapequa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Mortgages