2 teens arrested in arson at Herricks...

2 teens arrested in arson at Herricks High School -- Schools, N...

There are 61 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 4, 2008, titled 2 teens arrested in arson at Herricks High School -- Schools, N.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Two teen boys who set fire to debris and a wood fence at Herricks Senior High School on Thursday afternoon were arrested and charged with arson, the police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

anonymous

Bridgehampton, NY

#31 Apr 16, 2008
Blueskies wrote:
What a bunch of mor ons!!!
its an accident
anonymous

Bridgehampton, NY

#32 Apr 16, 2008
Not Really wrote:
Herricks is a good school.
I really don't think anyone should judge anyone school based upon two disturbed kids.
If both of them did something it was because they wanted to. It has nothing to to with the school or its teacher or its community.
Its mainly the kids' faults and they will learn their lesson. I think everyone should be glad that no one was hurt or injured.
first of alll they arent disturbed and have you been to this school
feeling herricks stress

Mattituck, NY

#33 Jun 4, 2008
Mikem wrote:
Make the parents pay for the whole thing.
what did the parents have to do with it? these kids did it by themselves- their parents had nothing to do with lighting a fence on fire. and it wasnt even near the school, either.
herricks

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Nov 18, 2008
Funnyman, I get what you're saying but in this case it isn't true. Herricks is highly populated with Asians and Spanish people. People judge the schools on the crime rate and how wealthy the community is. I believe the color of someone's skin plays a small role is deciding if one school is better than the other.
Hmmm

Laurel, MD

#36 Nov 18, 2008
herricks wrote:
Funnyman, I get what you're saying but in this case it isn't true. Herricks is highly populated with Asians and Spanish people. People judge the schools on the crime rate and how wealthy the community is. I believe the color of someone's skin plays a small role is deciding if one school is better than the other.
My kids go to Herricks. Asians, definitely, but Spanish people? Not in any large numbers, that I've seen. And yes, it is a very good school district, and the taxes go up every year at several times the rate of inflation!
Sean

New York, NY

#38 Nov 28, 2008
herricks wrote:
Funnyman, I get what you're saying but in this case it isn't true. Herricks is highly populated with Asians and Spanish people. People judge the schools on the crime rate and how wealthy the community is. I believe the color of someone's skin plays a small role is deciding if one school is better than the other.
Spanish??? Are you crazy? Herricks is (i) overwhelmingly Indian and Asian,(ii) about 25% white, and (iii) about 2% black/Spanish.
MEDIC

Maspeth, NY

#39 Nov 28, 2008
kabby wrote:
uhm hello im from herricks annd it was in the softball field and they are both good friends of mine and no they werent bored and they didn't do it because of teachers but maybe they did do it for attention...stop assuming things and starting rumors!!
Listen im a firefighter for nassau county. Your friends are dum stupid kids. They put people like mines life at stake. Everytime we roll out lights and sirens don`t always mean we will make it there and back alive. Tell your friends to grow some brians prob should have been left back awhile ago.
Forest Gumps

Mamaroneck, NY

#40 Nov 28, 2008
Herricks is very similar to Levittown. A strong working class ethic, spoiled kids, above average students- and oh yeah- same Principal (currently MacArthur)who kisses "athletic" ass....look at the numbers folks, the proof is in the puddin!
C-dog

Syracuse, NY

#41 Jan 13, 2009
Forest Gumps wrote:
Herricks is very similar to Levittown. A strong working class ethic, spoiled kids, above average students- and oh yeah- same Principal (currently MacArthur)who kisses "athletic" ass....look at the numbers folks, the proof is in the puddin!
Hey man Herricks is nothing like levittown. I lived in both and went to school in both. Herricks def has more spoiled kids then they know what to do with. Most kids in that town do drugs every weekend and spend mommy and daddys money.
Kareem Habib

Bridgehampton, NY

#42 Mar 6, 2009
Herricks is a poor community full of colored people and mexican wet back beeners.
MEDIC

Bridgehampton, NY

#43 Mar 6, 2009
Listen im a firefighter for nassau county. I was actually at the scene of this fire. Yes call me a hero if you must. This was the largest fire I have ever seen in my life. I almost lost my life fighting this fire.
General Old Man Timmy

Bridgehampton, NY

#44 Mar 6, 2009
This was not only an attack on Herricks, but on our freedom and America. Them dam terrorizers tried to light up my fences. I was just trying to pleasure myself when I got the call to rush to ground zero. Thanks god and Jesus Christ our savior that no one was hurt and we found them Northern Koreans.
don worry

Stamford, CT

#45 Mar 13, 2009
i am from g.n. south
what crazy idiots
in a bad ass neighborhood
Yale101

New Rochelle, NY

#46 Jul 22, 2009
LILI Tommy and stupid Tony!!
you have no right to comment on this school or the students. Yes it was wrong for them to do this but this doesn't mean that herricks is bad and your school is the best okay!!. And shut the hell up you don't even know what u are talking about because u don't even go to herricks. ALL KIDS IN LONG ISLAND ARE SPOLIED EVEN YOURS> and by the way the teachers have a 10 year contract so they can't get fired. And herricks students try their best. However yes, herricks does try to hide things like pregnant girls and enroll them in bad schools so that they look bad. Also regents are hard and Herricks should be easy on the kids. Also now and days school is not easy also LONG ISLAND
SO SHUT BASTARDS

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#47 Jul 27, 2009
Yale101 wrote:
LILI Tommy and stupid Tony!!
you have no right to comment on this school or the students. Yes it was wrong for them to do this but this doesn't mean that herricks is bad and your school is the best okay!!. And shut the hell up you don't even know what u are talking about because u don't even go to herricks. ALL KIDS IN LONG ISLAND ARE SPOLIED EVEN YOURS> and by the way the teachers have a 10 year contract so they can't get fired. And herricks students try their best. However yes, herricks does try to hide things like pregnant girls and enroll them in bad schools so that they look bad. Also regents are hard and Herricks should be easy on the kids. Also now and days school is not easy also LONG ISLAND
SO SHUT BASTARDS
Funniest post ever.
HERRICKKSSS

White Plains, NY

#48 Nov 11, 2009
GO HERRICKS!
lalla

Brentwood, NY

#49 Nov 12, 2009
Ban Everything wrote:
Perhaps they are 'freedom fighters' protesting all the fraud.
how is that fraud?!? they burned children's books and text books? thats not called freedom fighters! though the fact they were ARRESTED is kind of crazy.
lalla

Brentwood, NY

#50 Nov 12, 2009
Kareem Habib wrote:
Herricks is a poor community full of colored people and mexican wet back beeners.
ARE YOU CRAZY!?!??! i hope your not for real. herricks is the whitest school i have EVER seen.
lalla

Brentwood, NY

#51 Nov 12, 2009
C-dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man Herricks is nothing like levittown. I lived in both and went to school in both. Herricks def has more spoiled kids then they know what to do with. Most kids in that town do drugs every weekend and spend mommy and daddys money.
NO. ok maybe they are spoiled. but don't use the word MOST people in that school do drugs. I don't and i know plenty of people who don't! and we're hard working!
your mommy

Brentwood, NY

#52 Nov 12, 2009
i can't believe they were arrested! but thats not the first time some kids got arrested i know more, there was one where a kid came in to school with a gun wanting to shoot all the jews and then a girl came in drunk to the pep rally but she got suspended. its so weird how these kids live in such a rich-ass neighbor hood but they are so bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Long Island wife Kelly Forbes charged with stra... (Dec '07) Wed MLohan 92
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Tue Ceilidh1 62
News Massapequa woman charged in mall shoplifting (Sep '10) Jul 23 IDOKNOW 6
News Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) Jul 23 Starling An 47
Father Damien Cooper pastor in Lindenhurst foll... (Dec '12) Jul 20 Kristy 3
Review: Brunswick Hospital Center Amityville Ny (Aug '13) Jul 17 Don 3
Dick and Dora's (Nov '09) Jul 13 Matt 68

Massapequa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Massapequa Mortgages