HEMPSTEAD VILLAGE: Mayor touts a surplus

Full story: Newsday
With elections less than a month away, Hempstead Village Mayor Wayne Hall trumpeted the village's $7.2-million surplus and zero tax increase while lashing out against the former Republican administration in his ... Full Story
The Devil is a Liar

Ithaca, NY

#1 Feb 27, 2009
Why is Wayne Hall so important to you and your politically connected allies. Your paper is so biased. The Democraps want to keep Wayne Hall in office so they can continue to rape and pillage the till. First, it was the politically connected water meter company, then it was the fat Suozzi operative Tom Garry and his law firm and the other law firms that are billing the Village to the teeth, then it was the oversized development that put money in Wayne Hall's hands and your Democrap buddies, then it was the grant that Larry Montgomery received even though the item never went out for bid--must I go on? Again, why is Wayne Hall so important to you?
Oh, by the way-he does not practice "Ponzi" budgeting? Did he just learn that word? Just so you know--and I know that you do know, that the Comptroller had to flee from the Catholic Arch Diocese in Rockville Centre--something about a problem with the books, but he ends up controlling the Village till. Hall also gave contracts to the former Village Attorney's husband who managed to show up in different accounting firms under different names. This is the same husband who he tried to make Comptroller while his barracuda wife was Village Attorney. Finally, when you are negotiating a contract with CSEA, the last thing you do is mention that you have a surplus, real of imagined. You tell the union you have no money, then you tell teh rest of the world--for campaign purposes--that the Village is dripping in money. Hall borrowed that money and the next administration will have to pay it back.The next generation will suffer because Hall has no long range plan. His goal is to collect what he can under the table and spread it to his cronies that got him elected in 2005, and flee. The man is never at work, he has no idea how to run this Village as Suozzi and Jay Jacobs are running it for him. The man has done no real development since he has been in office. The Village is filthy, services are poor, even the Village Hall building is filthy (Riddick was the best Clerk the Village ever had and she would have never let that happen). The people he hired, do not live in the Village and consequently, have no pride in their work.
WARNING--Hempstead residents, do not let this man facilitate the take-over from outsiders. If he is re-elected, we only have ourselves to blame. The residents must wake up and know that they are being used and these people from the outside that are in power, mean the Village no good. Wayne Hall is planning to take his money and run. Hempstead residents, those of you who are poor and disenfranchised, will be ousted from the Village forever--that is the plan! Newsday is just a pawn to deliver political messages to ensure that it happens.
Newsday of course, will endorse him--as Hannah Montana would say "Wait for it!"
Vickie Moore

Hempstead, NY

#2 Mar 17, 2009
If James Gardner was doing such a great job then why is he running again? If he had done a great Job he would still be there and no one would be deciding on whos gonna be the next mayor. I like Jim I respect him alot, but Jim Its over let by gones be by gones.Tell me whats the real motive for coming back, You had your time and you had a good run. Let someone else run the village and create change thats good for all. this next term will be great for wayne and after this I hes done. So let the brother do his Job. You guys just dont know Wayne he really is for the people and village and all those who are against him, you should really give him a chance and get to know him. He just like things to be done correctly.
corrupt perry petus

New York, NY

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Its 2013 , perry petus is running for hempstead village mayor . All perry does is ride around in his expensive mercedes, show off and try to pick up young girls. Showing everyone his vote for Perry shirts. Perry only cares about woman and will only help residents that vote.
corrupt perry petus

New York, NY

#4 Jan 30, 2013
corrupt perry petus wrote:
Its 2013 , perry petus is running for hempstead village mayor . All perry does is ride around in his expensive mercedes, show off and try to pick up young girls. Showing everyone his vote for Perry shirts. Perry only cares about woman and will only help residents that vote.
so true!!
Annie

Port Washington, NY

#5 Mar 18, 2013
I would like to say the old is never new until it can except it's defects in some major decisions that have kept Hempstead in shrubs but the people are strong. Hempstead residence flex your power in coming together and Vote for keepsakes of your community. No sale, no deal, however I do support new developments without slave embargo!!!!Petus or Gardner we care about change with a true plan not speeches. You both have the ability to do the job which ever one wins continue to support the vision. Obama and Hillary style okay!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 2 hr NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr NAVYVET 6,391
Suspect named in Gilgo Beach murders (Dec '12) 3 hr Doubting Thomas 9
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 4 hr Bruser 2,298
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr positronium 6,463
Rents for affordable housing apartments that ar... 12 hr FLstorm 4
Chuck Zito speak up about Registered sex offen... (Jul '13) 21 hr Streetrunner 6

Massapequa News Video

Massapequa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Massapequa Jobs

Massapequa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Massapequa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Massapequa

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]