Cops: Massapequa teen arrested for hitting officer

Full story: Newsday 144
A Massapequa teen -- already on the lam for violating a restraining order his own mom had against him -- punched and grabbed a cop who tried to thwart another man's beer theft from a supermarket, Nassau police ... Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Nbam

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jul 26, 2008
why wasn't he shot?
fotoguy

Syosset, NY

#2 Jul 26, 2008
The cop should have just shot him. Restraining order from Mom? This piece of garbage has a stellar future ahead of him
GoGoJuice

Bronx, NY

#3 Jul 26, 2008
A 17-year-old kid punches the cop and now the cop will cry neck pain and retire with a $500k per year pension. What a wuss.
Now Ive Seen It All

Succasunna, NJ

#4 Jul 26, 2008
Ya' gotta know that when MOM gets an order of protection the lad is already pretty far gone! Sorry POS.
KBM

Bushkill, PA

#5 Jul 26, 2008
Nbam wrote:
why wasn't he shot?
For the same reason that 99.9% of people who attack the cops aren't shot. I guess you're implying that if at was a black guy, he would have been shot. Well, if the cops shot a black man everytime they resisted arrest, there would be FAR less black men in the world. I would have had AT LEAST 1000 dead black guys under my belt.
Maybe if he drove a car at the cop like Bell did he would have been shot. Maybe of he resembled a wanted rape suspect like Diallo and reached for his wallet in a dark alley he would have been shot. Maybe if he had a butcher knife like Eleanor Bumpers he would have been shot.
Get the picture, dope?

“We need another Reagan!”

Since: Sep 07

Somewhere in Nassau County, NY

#6 Jul 26, 2008
GoGoJuice wrote:
A 17-year-old kid punches the cop and now the cop will cry neck pain and retire with a $500k per year pension. What a wuss.
Go away TROLL you know nothing of what you speak!
Mikey

Bridgeport, CT

#7 Jul 26, 2008
Scumbag!!!
NYPDALT

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jul 26, 2008
What a piece of garbage... hey GoGoJuice is this your kid? You sound like an idiot that would raise a piece of garbage like this.
Crabbe

Shirley, NY

#9 Jul 26, 2008
You hav'nt heard from his mom, and you were'nt there, wait...There's a Cop from that exact area who is not exactly on target...I was,nt there either, I withhold judgement...
Breaker Ball

Staten Island, NY

#10 Jul 26, 2008
And Hartman will get YOd, as in Youthful Offender status, not serve ANY time and will have his record sealed. 10 years from now when he kills a cop everyone will cluck, cluck "why was he able to slip through the cracks"? Adult crime deserves adult time and adult sanctions. Not that an adult who assaulted this cop would have done any time either, but hey one can dream. THere needs to be minimum mandatory sentences taking discretion away from the liberal judges requiring a minimum sentence for certain crimes such as this.
Breaker Ball

Staten Island, NY

#11 Jul 26, 2008
Amen brother.
KBM wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason that 99.9% of people who attack the cops aren't shot. I guess you're implying that if at was a black guy, he would have been shot. Well, if the cops shot a black man everytime they resisted arrest, there would be FAR less black men in the world. I would have had AT LEAST 1000 dead black guys under my belt.
Maybe if he drove a car at the cop like Bell did he would have been shot. Maybe of he resembled a wanted rape suspect like Diallo and reached for his wallet in a dark alley he would have been shot. Maybe if he had a butcher knife like Eleanor Bumpers he would have been shot.
Get the picture, dope?
KBM

Bushkill, PA

#12 Jul 26, 2008
Breaker Ball wrote:
And Hartman will get YOd, as in Youthful Offender status, not serve ANY time and will have his record sealed. 10 years from now when he kills a cop everyone will cluck, cluck "why was he able to slip through the cracks"? Adult crime deserves adult time and adult sanctions. Not that an adult who assaulted this cop would have done any time either, but hey one can dream. THere needs to be minimum mandatory sentences taking discretion away from the liberal judges requiring a minimum sentence for certain crimes such as this.
He's 17. No youthful offender status. He's an adult in the eyes of the criminal justice system.
Crabbe

Shirley, NY

#13 Jul 26, 2008
Threre's got to be more to this story, this kid lives blocks away, why was he not picked up fpr that order, he's hanging out in full view, they had to know who he was, or his parents would have showed them, and I find it hard to imageine that someone would risk getting shot when he had nothing to do with the actual incident...I tend to think some kind of threat was made, or maybe some type of abuse. The night crew in that area are known to be cocky... I would'nt say it if I did'nt know and hear.
FF Jack

Massapequa Park, NY

#14 Jul 26, 2008
KBM wrote:
<quoted text>
He's 17. No youthful offender status. He's an adult in the eyes of the criminal justice system.
KBM, if you don't mind me saying

YO is afforded to non-designated felony offenders at the age of 16, 17, and 18 at the time of offense. This nightmare kid qualifies.
Crabbe

Shirley, NY

#15 Jul 26, 2008
FF Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
YO is afforded to non-designated felony offenders at the age of 16, 17, and 18 at the time of offense. This nightmare kid qualifies.
What's the difference in youth status, as opposed to The same status applied to DWI... Are they both a crime and why would there be a difference, or was it made up... It's complicated.
Crabbe

Shirley, NY

#16 Jul 26, 2008
FF Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
OK , I get it now...

“DON'T Make Me Sting You”

Since: Jul 08

It's Not My ISP Location

#17 Jul 26, 2008
Crabbe wrote:
Threre's got to be more to this story, this kid lives blocks away, why was he not picked up fpr that order, he's hanging out in full view, they had to know who he was, or his parents would have showed them, and I find it hard to imageine that someone would risk getting shot when he had nothing to do with the actual incident...I tend to think some kind of threat was made, or maybe some type of abuse. The night crew in that area are known to be cocky... I would'nt say it if I did'nt know and hear.
If you know so much, tell us the story and name the names. Why keep us in suspense?
Crabbe

Shirley, NY

#18 Jul 26, 2008
Just Wanna BEE Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know so much, tell us the story and name the names. Why keep us in suspense?
Sir with all do respect, Im not in a position to give you the names or name, there's enough people who know and have spoken to myself. Take my word, my truthfullness and allow myself to put what I know forward. If you work or worked that area you would know anyway. I have nothing against you, just respect my honesty... Have a great day, Sir
FF Jack

Massapequa Park, NY

#19 Jul 26, 2008
Sometimes the difference between

JD-Juvenile Delinquent-ages 7-15.
JO-Juvenile Offender-same ages for most felonies.
YO-Youthful Offender-16-18.
PINS-Persons in need of Supervision-up to 18.

can make me dizzy. They all are programs to guide a misdirected youth back on track. They offer sealed records which in the eyes of the law mean a prosecution has never been had. Judges can inpose certain conditions like alcohol awareness classes or make them show acceptable report cards to satisfy conditions.
Run262

Massapequa Park, NY

#20 Jul 26, 2008
Sorry, forgot to switch back to run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massapequa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 20 hr Clifford Spencer 758
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 21 hr Bruser 2,292
Levittown woman quarantined for bird mites (Jun '08) Sat mdw 44
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Fri liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,389
•••

Massapequa News Video

•••
•••

Massapequa Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Massapequa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Massapequa News, Events & Info