BELLPORT ALUMNI

Edison, NJ

#1929 Jan 30, 2007
chuck you are wrong again longwood beat pat-med to snap there 19 game win streak and end it at 19- please get the facts straight - and comparitively that would be good - im not going to list but all that you wrote bellport had also except the rutgers cup ah i mine as well 2006 BELLPORTS BEST TEAM EVER WOULD BEAT PAT MED 1997 AS WOULD BELLPORT 2007
li chapms 2006
newsday trophy 2006
joe cipp coach of the year 2006
21 game win streak -(pat-med enden at 19)
DENT - 2ND IN HANSEN VOTING 2006
GOWINS - HANSEN 2007
SCHWICKE - COLLATTA - 2006
PRENDERGAST - RUNNER UP COLLATTA - 2007
STRANO- ZELLNER -2006
RAY - RUNNER UP ZELLNER - 2007
DENT LONG ISLANDS LEADING SCORER AND RUSHER 2006
ED GOWINS - LONG ISLAND LEADING SCORER 2007
UNSCORED UPON IN PLAYOFFS AND LIC - 2006
UNSCORED UPON IN SUFFOLK PLAYOFFS-2007
LEADING SCORING TEAM ON LONG ISLAND 2006-2007
LEAST POINTS SCORED AGAINST 2006-2007
ALL LONG ISLAND - 2006
SCHWICKE
DENT
STRANO
GOWINS
FLAKE
SPRUILL - COUNT THEM 6 IN 2006
ALL LONG ISLAND 2007
PRENDERGAST
RAY
SPRUILL
GOWINS
SORRY BUT NOONES STATS COME CLOSE TO BELLPORT OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS
Chuck Pearlman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Patchogue-Medfords 1997 was one of those teams that would've beaten you:
LI Champions 1997
Rutgers Trophy 1997
Bob Sconone - coach of the year 1997
22 game win streak in effect 1997
Derrick Rossy - Hansen Award winner 1997
Derrick Rossy - Collotta Award winner 1997
Mike Funaro - Suffolks leading rusher 1839 yards(11 games)1997
Mike Funaro - Most points scored in a season 220(11 games)1997
Mike Funaro - Most TD's in a season 34(11 games)1997
Four All Long Selections 1997:
Mike Funaro RB
Mike Olandi OL
Derrick Rossy LB
Greg Murphy DB
I would've liked to have seen that "OFFICIAL GAME", to bad it never happened.
BELLPORT ALUMNI

Edison, NJ

#1930 Jan 30, 2007
I CAN AND WILL DELIVER - I WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH GREGG SARAH AND I GUARANTEE HE WILL GIVE ME YOUR REAL NAME - ITS ON - MY BLINDERS ARE ON NOW -!!!!
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to calm the phuck down. You see what you want to see (like 5000 at every game, home AND away, LOL). I see the big picture. You and others can just keep going forward with your blinders on. If you read between the lines of your own posts, you will see you are just reiterating my point. But, you are to blind to see. Also. don't make threats that you can't deliver on.
Chuck Pearlman

AOL

#1931 Jan 30, 2007
patchogue wrote:
how many of bellports players ever actually played pro? very few, the ones who do qualify for a college scholarship rarely finish. bellport- south country school district is one of the worse school districts academically on long island- sad really.
You should've asked him how many of Division I College players that where recruited from Bellport stayed with the program for the four or five(redshirt) years?
Bellport Pride

Edison, NJ

#1932 Jan 30, 2007
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to calm the phuck down. You see what you want to see (like 5000 at every game, home AND away, LOL). I see the big picture. You and others can just keep going forward with your blinders on. If you read between the lines of your own posts, you will see you are just reiterating my point. But, you are to blind to see. Also. don't make threats that you can't deliver on.
What is your point???
ETR

Mount Kisco, NY

#1933 Jan 30, 2007
BELLPORT ALUMNI wrote:
I CAN AND WILL DELIVER - I WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH GREGG SARAH AND I GUARANTEE HE WILL GIVE ME YOUR REAL NAME - ITS ON - MY BLINDERS ARE ON NOW -!!!!<quoted text>
Good luck with that. He may not be so agreeable to help you since you can't spell his name right.(not that he would know how to do that either) You never had your blinders off.
Bellport Pride

Edison, NJ

#1934 Jan 30, 2007
Chuck Pearlman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should've asked him how many of Division I College players that where recruited from Bellport stayed with the program for the four or five(redshirt) years?
Jim Gallagher ~ Georgia Tech (1987-1991)- National Champion and graduate
Bill Neuss ~ Georgia Tech (1990-1994)- National Champion and graduate
Gus Palma ~ University of Illinois (1986-1990)- top WR recruit in the nation and graduate
Antonio O'Ferrall - University of Kentucky (1991-1995)- Hansen Award Winner and graduate
Okesa Smith - Virginia Tech University (1992-1996)-graduate
William Griffin - Northeastern University (1998-2001)- graduate
Micah Barnes - Hofstra University (1AA)(1998-2002)
Alex Lazo - Buffalo University (1998-2002)- graduate
Fredy Lazo - University of Maine (1999-2003)- graduate
Kurt Bazarewksi - Brown University -(2001-2005)- Academic All-American and graduate

All Bellport graduates who were recruited and stayed with their school and program, all who are currently successful. I know that list isn't even complete so I'll let some other alumni add to it. Why should he have asked that Chuck? This doesn't even include the myriad of players who either transferred schools and graduated playing at another college or those who played at D2 and D3 schools and graduated.
Bellport Pride

Edison, NJ

#1935 Jan 30, 2007
I can't believe I left Harold Jasper of that list...

University of Iowa (1990-1994)- CAPTAIN and graduate
ETR

Mount Kisco, NY

#1936 Jan 30, 2007
Bellport Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point???
Are you two Patchogue posters the same person or just related?
BLEED BELLPORT RED

Stony Brook, NY

#1937 Jan 30, 2007
Chuck Pearlman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have done the research, the list goes on and on. To name a few more:
Jeff Cipp
Joe Cipp III
Al Lampasso
Kevin Moody
Carl Moodt
Shaun Chavious
Bazarewski's
O'farrell's
Mike Jorgensen
Lazo's
William Griffith

go on the bellport football website
Bellport Pride

Edison, NJ

#1938 Jan 30, 2007
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you two Patchogue posters the same person or just related?
I always post by this name, and we've been through this before. As you should know by now, many people from Bellport post on this site. Anyone posting from Bayport to Brookhaven that posts will come up as posting from Patchogue, as evidenced by the numerous posts emanating from that domain. While some people may indeed change their name, it is also likely that more than one person is responsible for all the posts listed as Patchogue, NY. I have no idea who posted what you replied to, I asked you a simple answer to a question; and not only did you fail to answer, but you used your magical deductive skills to try and say I was the one who posted based on the fact that both posts came from Patchogue, NY. Hopefully you are not employed in forensics. If you would like to reply to the question I posed, being, what point are you trying to make and how someone defending Coach Cipp would reiterate that point, I would love to hear that. Next time I would just answer the question, and leave the detective work to the guy who's trying to find out who you are so he can apparently kill you. But unfortunately, to let you and your theory down, I am not him and I have no idea who he is.
Bellport Pride

Edison, NJ

#1939 Jan 30, 2007
ETR...

I'm also curious to know, in what ways do you feel that the Bellport Football program has harmed the community??
Chuck Pearlman

AOL

#1940 Jan 30, 2007
BELLPORT ALUMNI wrote:
chuck you are wrong again longwood beat pat-med to snap there 19 game win streak and end it at 19- please get the facts straight - and comparitively that would be good - im not going to list but all that you wrote bellport had also except the rutgers cup ah i mine as well 2006 BELLPORTS BEST TEAM EVER WOULD BEAT PAT MED 1997 AS WOULD BELLPORT 2007
li chapms 2006
newsday trophy 2006
joe cipp coach of the year 2006
21 game win streak -(pat-med enden at 19)
DENT - 2ND IN HANSEN VOTING 2006
GOWINS - HANSEN 2007
SCHWICKE - COLLATTA - 2006
PRENDERGAST - RUNNER UP COLLATTA - 2007
STRANO- ZELLNER -2006
RAY - RUNNER UP ZELLNER - 2007
DENT LONG ISLANDS LEADING SCORER AND RUSHER 2006
ED GOWINS - LONG ISLAND LEADING SCORER 2007
UNSCORED UPON IN PLAYOFFS AND LIC - 2006
UNSCORED UPON IN SUFFOLK PLAYOFFS-2007
LEADING SCORING TEAM ON LONG ISLAND 2006-2007
LEAST POINTS SCORED AGAINST 2006-2007
ALL LONG ISLAND - 2006
SCHWICKE
DENT
STRANO
GOWINS
FLAKE
SPRUILL - COUNT THEM 6 IN 2006
ALL LONG ISLAND 2007
PRENDERGAST
RAY
SPRUILL
GOWINS
SORRY BUT NOONES STATS COME CLOSE TO BELLPORT OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS
<quoted text>
#1: You better go back and look at Football unbeaten streaks in Newsday: Patchogue-Medford 22-0-0.

#2: Why are you talking about the 2006 team when you said "I have still yet to see a team that I thought could beat the '97 team"
Chuck Pearlman

AOL

#1941 Jan 30, 2007
Bellport Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Gallagher ~ Georgia Tech (1987-1991)- National Champion and graduate
Bill Neuss ~ Georgia Tech (1990-1994)- National Champion and graduate
Gus Palma ~ University of Illinois (1986-1990)- top WR recruit in the nation and graduate
Antonio O'Ferrall - University of Kentucky (1991-1995)- Hansen Award Winner and graduate
Okesa Smith - Virginia Tech University (1992-1996)-graduate
William Griffin - Northeastern University (1998-2001)- graduate
Micah Barnes - Hofstra University (1AA)(1998-2002)
Alex Lazo - Buffalo University (1998-2002)- graduate
Fredy Lazo - University of Maine (1999-2003)- graduate
Kurt Bazarewksi - Brown University -(2001-2005)- Academic All-American and graduate
All Bellport graduates who were recruited and stayed with their school and program, all who are currently successful. I know that list isn't even complete so I'll let some other alumni add to it. Why should he have asked that Chuck? This doesn't even include the myriad of players who either transferred schools and graduated playing at another college or those who played at D2 and D3 schools and graduated.
Since he was asking about professional football players from Bellport, it would be nice to see all the players that completed there years in Division I football that they where recruited to. Nice accomplishments.

Since: Dec 06

Staten Island

#1942 Jan 30, 2007
Bronto wrote:
Hey ETR,
I believe we finally figured you out. You are a closet Bellport Football Groupie!! You try to hide it by talking bad about them but the truth is you want to see pictures of fomer players. You go to the Bellport Football Website and download team photos. You talk as if you hate the program with name calling like brain washing but lets look at your past posts. You are infatuated with them. They are all you can talk about maybe you should be a little kinder with your words and if your lucky some of these former players may send you their used jockstraps to try and satisfy your needs. I apologize for breaking "Bellport Law" but I believe this information needed to be brought forward. Hey Skiray "its casual".
Bronto,

I will forgive you for breaking Bellport Law. It was worth it ETR came clean. Hey, Skiray I will never win an arguement against Bronto. LOL

Staten Island

#1943 Jan 30, 2007
Molinet Knows wrote:
Mr.Raski,
Earlier you suggested that a comparison between the Publics 2/3 to the CHSFL AA carries no weight because of the differences in enrollment and success. That appears to be the continuation of the public school copout, they have more numbers so we can't/won't play them. In turn, the better public schools can't beat the CHSFL AA because it's not fair.
Take a look at the teams of the AA this past seasons and their enrollments, and can you still say it's not fair. There exist number discrepencies, but that didn't translate into more victories for those teams. Are you telling us that the Better Public 2 nad 3 teams couldn't/wouldn't possibly beat these teams because of numbers?
Fordham Prep-904 students
Xaverian-1400 students
St.Francis Prep-2700 students
Kellenberg-2400 students
Cardinal Hayes-1100 students
St.Peter's-781 students
Christ the King-1500 students
Stepinac-735 students
It's not like these football playing schools have been dominant over the past few years.
How about this, look at the CHSFL AA if it was comprised of teams based on enrollments, similar to the Publics. Again, all good teams, but the Publics Best in 2 and 3 have no chance?
AA Based on enrollment:
Cardinal Spellman-1385
St.Joseph-by-the-Sea-1200
Farrell-1175
Mount St Michael-1100
Cardinal Hayes-1100
Bishop Ford-1000
Holy Cross-970
Moore Catholic-910
Number differences do exist, but don't tell us the the Public 2 and 3's can't compete with these teams.
Because if you're right, then the CHSFL is better.
Molinet Knows?
Nice try. You are trying to twist my words and I was trying to be kind to the CHSFL. So let me be blunt. Where in Publics there are top-notch programs in every Division there is only ONE program in CHSFL that could compete with the Top Publics and that is ST'A's. The rest of the CHSFL is nothing more then a practice squad for ST A's to practice against so they can compete outside the CHSFL. For example ST A's vs Sayville (DIV III) this past year would have been an awesome game. I would give St A's the edge but by no more then 6 points. Now lets take a look at the rest of the CHSFL AA and A Divisions. Molinet in his own blog "ST John's making all the right moves” called the AA division a "JV league" and called A division "an embarrassment". He has never said that about the Nassau or Suffolk leagues.

No copout here. The Publics from top to bottom are a more competitive group hands down. You take St A's out of the equation what have you got? You think Chaminade or Iona Prep could match up against East Meadow, Freeport, Lawrence, Garden City or Bellport.

Staten Island

#1944 Jan 30, 2007
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Tex, I would not call myself a groupie about anything. It's the only thing I talk about on THIS board because it seems to be the main topic. If you do a search on Bellport Football, it brings you right to the site where the pictures are.(BTW, the site has not been updated since March 2006, you guys are slacking).
As you can probably tell, I am a lifelong resident of the area and have attended a number of bellport football games over the years including a few LIC games. I am also older than you guys appear to be and have seen the behind the scenes BS that goes on in the district. This is the stuff I have had issues with. Cipp and others with football ties have done more harm than good in developing the district as a whole. Football is their only priority and it takes away from other areas in the district that need addressing.
I have no disrespect for your on field accomplishments, but you guys go on and on about the program. You are just easy targets to rile up, especially that excitable boy with the Patchogue ISP. Some of us on here are just having fun doing that.
I hope that clears things up for you so you don't keep jumping to your childish conclusions.
ETR,

I am breaking my own Bellport Law posting to you. I am inspired by Bronto getting you to open up. What has the Bellport Football Program done to make you state "Football is their only priority and it takes away from other areas in the district that need addressing". And please help me understand what "BS behind the scenes stuff" you are referring to. Unless you played or coached in the program you would not have any contact with behind the scenes stuff? And lastly please break down this statement "Cipp and others with football ties have done more harm than good in developing the district as a whole." I look forward to your response.

Staten Island

#1945 Jan 30, 2007
Ski-Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I disgree with your views on the effect the Bellport program has had on the Bellport community, I appreciate you taking your time to air your true views on the matter. I hope you can see the passion and ferver that we have, as a learned positive about the program and all involved. As I've said in prior posts, the power of the Bellport program is not in the wins, not in the championships, but in the life lessons were learned throughout. Coach Cipp and Coach Still always spoke to us about the different ways that society will train a person to take the "easy way out" when problems come up and challanges are brought forth. Blaming another person for our own difficulties are commonplace within society. We (the alumni)were trained (through football) to accept these challanges and be man enough to work toward defeating them. The motto of the program is "If is to be, it's up to me, to do it! If thats what is percieved as brainwashing, Thank god it happened to me. Again, ETR thanks for coming straight with your views. Rayski and I have definately enjoyed the banter. See you at the games.
Skiray,

Thank you!!!

Staten Island

#1946 Jan 30, 2007
roger43 wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a message board groupie!
funny to see you get all serious on us......i don't like it.:)
Don't mess with Bronto!!!!

Staten Island

#1947 Jan 30, 2007
Suffolk Fan wrote:
Howell was the best QB on LI last year and he had the stats. to prove it. Oh by the way O'Connor at TE was leading receiver with over 600 yds. and 6 TD's. You seem to Bellport Blind..... PS who won the Larence vs Bellport game????? Great Teams win Championships..........PERIOD
<quoted text>
Hey Suffolk Fan,

Sayville wouldn't have won all those champioships if Bellport was in Div III. Let the old rivalry resume. By the way you guys won't be able to back out of a league game like you did when we had non-league games.
Chuck Pearlman

AOL

#1948 Jan 31, 2007
It's interesting how know one talks about North Babylon and there they are with 22 Suffolk County High School Football Rushing records(the most of any school in Suffolk), including the most impressive record by Jason Gwaltney with a career rushing record of 7,800 yards from 2001-2004 the most on LI, or there 6 LIC again the most in Suffolk County and most likely on LI. How about giving North Bablyon a little credit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maspeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr grave digger 15,659
Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) 1 hr obama the clown 16
Why do we know about the Ebola doctor's condition? 2 hr NYC 1
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr the real deal 11,101
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Big mike 309,378
Should Caroline Kennedy become Liberia Ambassador? 2 hr NYC 1
christmas demand 3 hr LOL 1

Maspeth News Video

Maspeth Dating
Find my Match

Maspeth Jobs

Maspeth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Maspeth News, Events & Info