Workforce One offers job fair for veterans

Nov 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Middletown Journal

Scores of out-of-work veterans were able to meet some area companies hiring - and want the experience of a veteran.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2011
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

You didn't specify who started this program.
Hopefully it's not connected with Obama. It was HIS administration that put out the document from Homeland Security about returning veterans being prime candidates for being domestic terrorists.

If the program is from his administration, he is trying to pacify those coming back for a time, possibly for his reelection and for his support. He plays dirty. Don't forget that.
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

I have one more comment.
We have had PLENTY of time to think about returning vets. They were not meant to stay there forever.

It is also one more way to create ill will between the returning vets and those common citizens who also want jobs. If you ALLOW illegals to take positions also, you are adding fuel to the fire.

What makes vets so special? They are people too. Yes they have proven themselves, but this segregation is NOT healthy for relations in this country.
Alec

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

I just read your comments, Genie. You seriously can't be this delusional and misguided, this has to be a joke.
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Delusional? No. Just look at the O's track record and wait awhile.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Genie Janie wrote:
I have one more comment.
We have had PLENTY of time to think about returning vets. They were not meant to stay there forever.
It is also one more way to create ill will between the returning vets and those common citizens who also want jobs. If you ALLOW illegals to take positions also, you are adding fuel to the fire.
What makes vets so special? They are people too. Yes they have proven themselves, but this segregation is NOT healthy for relations in this country.
I think you'd be surprised to know there 26 million Veterans and approximately 2 million are retired.

First - No one is going to hire anyone they don't have the work for.

Second - The applicants must have the training for the job opening. No one hires completely unqualified people except where skill levels are at the basic level. Entry level.

Third - What's wrong with giving Vets a leg up? While you were here where you could have secured a job over a period of time they were there doing the work I'm supposing you object to.
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you'd be surprised to know there 26 million Veterans and approximately 2 million are retired.
First - No one is going to hire anyone they don't have the work for.
Second - The applicants must have the training for the job opening. No one hires completely unqualified people except where skill levels are at the basic level. Entry level.
Third - What's wrong with giving Vets a leg up? While you were here where you could have secured a job over a period of time they were there doing the work I'm supposing you object to.
I didn't say there was anything WRONG with "giving vets a leg up".
I'm looking at the TIMING of it and the METHOD. Making it known that you're in effect treating vets special means something to the common man who has not served in the military. And by the way, there ARE some honorable, hard working people out there who did not QUALIFY for the military due to medical reasons.
The Old Cold Warrior

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Yeah, give them government jobs so that budgets will never be cut, thanks to pet patriotic Pentagon-PAC-rat military-media sluts, and these new government employees can never be laid off or fired before they too retire; all this having us gaggin' as the government's millions of minions circle the wagons, defending themselves from everyone else, wanting their asses kissed, as we follow the Brits and the Soviets into the abyss.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Genie Janie wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say there was anything WRONG with "giving vets a leg up".
I'm looking at the TIMING of it and the METHOD. Making it known that you're in effect treating vets special means something to the common man who has not served in the military. And by the way, there ARE some honorable, hard working people out there who did not QUALIFY for the military due to medical reasons.
The answer is obvious. The timing is because they are coming home, the method is only an incentive. Tax incentives or not, if you don't have the work for new hires, you're not going to hire. Would you hire anyone (with the best of intentions) for say $20,000.00 a year to use a number, to receive a credit of 40% of the first $6,000.00 in earnings or $2,400.00?

While these soldiers were away why didn't people obtain jobs? Now you worry about competition?

Military personnel ARE common people. They are your sons, daughters, brothers, husbands, wives, aunts, uncles and now I guess significant others (geez). Difference being unlike police and fire, when they are sent somewhere it's not a matter of, I may get hurt, it's which of us WILL die or be maimed.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

It is the veteran, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the veteran, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the veteran, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the veteran, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the veteran, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the veteran, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.

It is the veteran who salutes the flag.

It is the veteran who serves under the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag.

Eternal rest grant them O Lord,

And let perpetual light shine upon them.

--Author Unknown

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/11/a...
Genie Janie

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Conservative wrote:
It is the veteran, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the veteran, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the veteran, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the veteran, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the veteran, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the veteran, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.
It is the veteran who salutes the flag.
It is the veteran who serves under the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag.
Eternal rest grant them O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon them.
--Author Unknown
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/11/a...
My Dad, a vet, once told me that the greatest tributes to the service of our men and women are NOT monuments, or speeches, or platitudes. That means you do NOT use them as a political football, or a bludgeon for your cause, to slam someone else's debate, or cut their benefits when they need them the most. You treat them as you would your friend.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Genie Janie wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dad, a vet, once told me that the greatest tributes to the service of our men and women are NOT monuments, or speeches, or platitudes. That means you do NOT use them as a political football, or a bludgeon for your cause, to slam someone else's debate, or cut their benefits when they need them the most. You treat them as you would your friend.
On that we completely agree.
The Old Cold Warrior

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

I detest people who participate or promote or preach or compete in patriotism and compasson contests, because we have to ration our compassion, not to mention our good intentions, and consider the unintended consquences. Blank checks for the Pentagon and the Welfare State have not made our country strong or great, merely turning us into vaginas for China that now regret out debts. Note the fraud of all of these groups that spread their compassion and patriotism poop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mason Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 12 min Old Guy 30,445
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr truth told 18,823
Duke Energy Rip Off (Jul '09) 7 hr High and Dry in NC 32
man charged $9,000 for emergency room visit for... Tue Suchanekpartners 1
Heroin In Cinci (Jan '12) Tue hurtforh 65
looking for wartracker Sun kirby 1
Hollywood Brings Sin to Cincinnati For Entertai... Aug 23 Culture Auditor 1

Search the Mason Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Mason Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000