Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32127 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I never doubt Obama's IQ, Just his reasonings, motives, his transparency, His ability or willingness to listen to 310 million citizens that he is supposed to represent.
Pops, as I've said before, I don't think Obama is a great President. He was young and without a lot of political experience when he took the office. I think he made a political miscalculation by trying to compromise with the Republicans. This current breed of House Republicans aren't interested in compromise. Even Boehner (who is supposed to be their leader) is unable to bring them to consensus.

What these times require is a Richard Nixon type --- a shrewd political operator that will use every dirty trick in the book to achieve their goals. I think that Hillary Clinton may turn out to be that type of President.

The tea party faction of the Republican party hates Obama with a passion that goes far beyond his actions. It's a combination of hating any and all Democrats and good old fashioned racism. Obama reminds me of Jackie Robinson --- smart, well-spoken, and hated by some for the change he represents.

Some here like to pretend that racism only existed in the past. But here's something that happened last year:

"A famous statue of Jackie Robinson at a minor league ballpark in Brooklyn was vandalized the other day, defaced and desecrated with swastikas and ugly racist slurs.

"Hile Hitler," some sub-human scrawled in black pen. "Die [N-word].[F-word] Jackie Robinson and all [N-words].""

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-08-0...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32128 Jul 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, as I've said before, I don't think Obama is a great President. He was young and without a lot of political experience when he took the office. I think he made a political miscalculation by trying to compromise with the Republicans. This current breed of House Republicans aren't interested in compromise. Even Boehner (who is supposed to be their leader) is unable to bring them to consensus.
What these times require is a Richard Nixon type --- a shrewd political operator that will use every dirty trick in the book to achieve their goals. I think that Hillary Clinton may turn out to be that type of President.
The tea party faction of the Republican party hates Obama with a passion that goes far beyond his actions. It's a combination of hating any and all Democrats and good old fashioned racism.
That's three!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32129 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person DumBama listens to is himself. He is the most party-first, country-second President I've ever seen in my lifetime.
There is intelligence and there is common sense. In many cases, very intelligent people are a little short on logic. With DumBama, he's totally void of logic.
The best colleges in the world can't teach common sense. You either have it or you don't.
Look what you've accomplished with all that natural born horse sense.
Tim McCarvers Ego

Van Wert, OH

#32130 Jul 27, 2014
Kasich, shouldn't this thread be deleted? It gets in the way of gossip and white trash bashing
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32131 Jul 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>He is not a representative he is an executive. There is a difference.
Even the CEO of Exxon represents the interests of those that elected him to that position.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32132 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Even the CEO of Exxon represents the interests of those that elected him to that position.
The POTUS is elected to try to accomplish the goals that the candidate set forth in the campaign. The election determines which agenda is followed. Do you expect a candidate to run on a platform of being anti-abortion and then pursue a pro-choice agenda once elected? Your "he's not representing the people" charge is na´ve and uninformed.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32133 Jul 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The tea party faction of the Republican party hates Obama with a passion that goes far beyond his actions. It's a combination of hating any and all Democrats and good old fashioned racism. Obama reminds me of Jackie Robinson --- smart, well-spoken, and hated by some for the change he represents.
Some here like to pretend that racism only existed in the past. But here's something that happened last year:
"A famous statue of Jackie Robinson at a minor league ballpark in Brooklyn was vandalized the other day, defaced and desecrated with swastikas and ugly racist slurs.
"Hile Hitler," some sub-human scrawled in black pen. "Die [N-word].[F-word] Jackie Robinson and all [N-words].""
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-08-0...
I think that Hillary is qualified enough but she may be too polarizing. While gaining her experiences, she also created a lot of baggage.
She likely would have been a much better Sec of State under a different president.
I would have to see IF she runs & who she would be running against.
I have said B4 that there will always be racists so I agree with you an that. Even Obama & our wonderful AG have blamed racism for part of the state of affairs.
They knew that racism was & is an issue so shouldn't they be handling the issue better? They have lived under racism to some degree all of their lives of course. Making it an excuse is not a way to deal with it.
There are also other biases that will always exist. Remember how Romney's & Kennedy's religions came up so often & not positively either.
A few posters on this thread bring up Mormons every now & then & others bring up Christianity (water walkers) in a low life way.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#32134 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person DumBama listens to is himself. He is the most party-first, country-second President I've ever seen in my lifetime.
There is intelligence and there is common sense. In many cases, very intelligent people are a little short on logic. With DumBama, he's totally void of logic.
The best colleges in the world can't teach common sense. You either have it or you don't.
You have no clue what common sense is.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#32135 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I think that Hillary is qualified enough but she may be too polarizing. While gaining her experiences, she also created a lot of baggage.
She likely would have been a much better Sec of State under a different president.
I would have to see IF she runs & who she would be running against.
I have said B4 that there will always be racists so I agree with you an that. Even Obama & our wonderful AG have blamed racism for part of the state of affairs.
They knew that racism was & is an issue so shouldn't they be handling the issue better? They have lived under racism to some degree all of their lives of course. Making it an excuse is not a way to deal with it.
There are also other biases that will always exist. Remember how Romney's & Kennedy's religions came up so often & not positively either.
A few posters on this thread bring up Mormons every now & then & others bring up Christianity (water walkers) in a low life way.
Nice spin job.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32136 Jul 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
The POTUS is elected to try to accomplish the goals that the candidate set forth in the campaign. The election determines which agenda is followed. Do you expect a candidate to run on a platform of being anti-abortion and then pursue a pro-choice agenda once elected? Your "he's not representing the people" charge is na´ve and uninformed.
As you said, HE is to try accomplish goals set forth as a candidate. You named only 1 issue & even that 'point' makes him a liar. Is that any good?
He has also changed many campaign promises with gay marriage, immigration, jobs, debt & deficit, foreign relations & more.
I won't hold him responsible for his promises about the ongoing wars of the time because candidates lack a lot of info until they take office & have their staff in place.
I am not naive, I just obviously have higher standards & expectations than you do. And I am glad that one of us has high standards.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32137 Jul 27, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Nice spin job.
I don't expect a reasonable answer but, what spin?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#32138 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> As you said, HE is to try accomplish goals set forth as a candidate. You named only 1 issue & even that 'point' makes him a liar. Is that any good?
He has also changed many campaign promises with gay marriage, immigration, jobs, debt & deficit, foreign relations & more.
I won't hold him responsible for his promises about the ongoing wars of the time because candidates lack a lot of info until they take office & have their staff in place.
I am not naive, I just obviously have higher standards & expectations than you do. And I am glad that one of us has high standards.
Keep going.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32139 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
So a President is only supposed to cater to his constituents and to hell with the people that didn't elect him? After all, that's exactly what DumBama is doing.

And if you believe that, then don't complain about the next President if he or she is a conservative and only carries out conservative agendas.
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#32140 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, not everyone was born with the inherent "skills" required to be a whiny, racist, uninsured pack mule...
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#32141 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
LMAO! What goals does he set forth and more importantly why? To get elected by the people, huh dummy?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32142 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> As you said, HE is to try accomplish goals set forth as a candidate. You named only 1 issue & even that 'point' makes him a liar. Is that any good?
You being displeased with him is a bit of a different discussion than your claim that he has failed in his supposed duty to represent 310 million people, don't you think?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32143 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So a President is only supposed to cater to his constituents and to hell with the people that didn't elect him? After all, that's exactly what DumBama is doing.
And if you believe that, then don't complain about the next President if he or she is a conservative and only carries out conservative agendas.
That's pretty much the way it works, isn't it? I don't remember GOP presidents advancing liberal agendas, do you? Elections have winners and losers.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32144 Jul 27, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Well, not everyone was born with the inherent "skills" required to be a whiny, racist, uninsured pack mule...
Actually, they are. The smart ones grow beyond that around 6th grade.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32145 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
You being displeased with him is a bit of a different discussion than your claim that he has failed in his supposed duty to represent 310 million people, don't you think?
Here's a twist by you. So you seem to admit that there is reason to be disappointed in Obama? You also seem to admit that Obama is free to switch (lie) from his campaign promises & that that is OK with you.
I believe that we should not be surprised when politicians & used car sales people lie but that does NOT make it acceptable, except by people with low standards.
NOT keeping one's promises IS failure. Failure of character, failure of honor, failure of ethics & failure to be honest. Don't you care about those issues?
Now don't bring up Nixon, LBJ, Bush & others. that would simply be obsfucation plus they are history, let's work with today & tomorrow.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32146 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
That's pretty much the way it works, isn't it? I don't remember GOP presidents advancing liberal agendas, do you? Elections have winners and losers.
Not true. Among other things, TARP & banking regulation changes were Liberal agendas. What was that presidents party affiliation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mason Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Observer 19,589
bridge collapse 8 hr They cannot kill ... 10
Candita Fluty 18 hr kuda 6
hateful church congregations 21 hr kuda 17
why does cincinnasty suck? (May '08) Fri Pops 20
Adult Children Ignore Me (Sep '13) Fri Charlie girl 25
purses (Mar '11) Fri Kelly 2
Mason Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mason People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance