Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Mason Forum

Comments (Page 1,117)

Showing posts 22,321 - 22,340 of28,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 14

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Wish we were able to edit posts. It would also be helpful to insert images into them. But with Dope on a Rope's obsession with teabagging, that probably isn't a good idea.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Let's leave the complicated tax laws and climate change predictions to the real professionals. You know, the uneducated truck drivers, farmer welfare scam artists, and religious zealots. Yeah, that's the ticket...
Ignorance Is Bliss

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Republican 101 wrote:
Let's leave the complicated tax laws and climate change predictions to the real professionals. You know, the uneducated truck drivers, farmer welfare scam artists, and religious zealots. Yeah, that's the ticket...
You really don't know how stupid you make yourself sound do you?

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Republican 101 wrote:
You probably thought Timothy Geithner was a good choice to run the US Treasury, too, HAHA. That guy has a masters degree in economics, but can't run Turbo Tax. And Obama -- the community organizer -- hired him.

That should be a clue to you right there, that the tax code (written by people "who know what they're doing") should be redone by someone who lives in the real world. One tax rate, regardless how it's applied, with no exemptions or deductions. Anything else is unfair.

You're an example of what "seriously" and I were talking about earlier ... the liberals' total dependance on govt. Even when the govt is a mind-boggling disaster, they still think it's the answer to the problem. Let me guess ... you're in favor of single-payer healthcare, right?
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

He sucks.

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
I don't know that a car would be a big ticket item unless you're talking about a Hummer or something in that category. I meant like second/vacation homes, perhaps a house valued over $350,000, maybe an in-ground swimming pool and things like that.
I understand what you're saying, but when the govt starts deciding how much is too much, it begins to punish people.
It would have to be on a sliding scale that both parties could be satisfied with. However we would have to consider all the people that would lose work such as tax preparers, IRS people, tax software companies, tax courts and companies like H&R Block. There are hundreds of thousands of people that depend on our complicated tax system.
Without businesses spending valuable time and money on tax-related issues, they would be able to invest more into their businesses. If their businesses grew, they would hire more people.

There has always been change. New technologies have replaced old ones, and workers have lost their jobs. But Capitalism -- when it's not punished by the govt -- opens doors of opportunity for those who want to work. Some of those people may even end up inventing the newest, greatest thing, and become part of the despised 1% who don't deserve what they have.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know how stupid you make yourself sound do you?
I'm just a simple, God fearing, gun hugging patriot who loves taking free gubment handouts and burning lotsa fossil fuels. I'm sick of getting taxed to death by commie Muslims, and I think everything's a liberal hoax.
Ya know, I'm a typical Republican...

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Republican 101 wrote:
Wait, is this the selective teabagger outrage that Canton keeps pointing out? Kinda like how they always preach tolerance, unless you're "colored", gay, non-Christian, poor, non conservative, living in the "wrong neighborhood", or listening the the "wrong experts".
Dang them pesky double standards... Roflmao!!!
You need to refresh yourself on your own party's talking points. You're the ones who preach tolerance. We are the intolerant ones.(And I am, indeed, intolerant -- especially of liberals.) So, just settle your nasty self down and be the kind of tolerant you expect everyone else to be.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Helen Roper wrote:
An hour later. Obama is really sucking. I'll keep you posted.
Sit on a post, Helen. Might clear up that bowel obstruction that's making you r so cranky, too.

;)
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Republican 101 wrote:
LOL! Exactly, because it's a democracy, we decide those things by vote...:)
seriously

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
/facepalm

Since: Aug 12

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Van Wert has no clue as to how ignorant he sounds. His whole town is the same way too.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that a car would be a big ticket item unless you're talking about a Hummer or something in that category. I meant like second/vacation homes, perhaps a house valued over $350,000, maybe an in-ground swimming pool and things like that.
It would have to be on a sliding scale that both parties could be satisfied with. However we would have to consider all the people that would lose work such as tax preparers, IRS people, tax software companies, tax courts and companies like H&R Block. There are hundreds of thousands of people that depend on our complicated tax system.
GRAPHIC: Southern California's housing recovery
The median home price across the state rose 22.1% from a year earlier, to $364,000, in the fourth quarter of 2013, a steep rise driven in large part by investors and families fighting over a shortage of homes for sale. For homeowners who are nearing foreclosure and underwater (meaning they owe more on their mortgage than the house is worth), that appreciation means they are less likely to walk away, Walsh said.

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-m...

The median price for a New York City home in 2013 rose just two percent year-over-year to $475,000, according to data from StreetEasy, but the price changes in individual neighborhoods were far more pronounced.

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/01/24/soho-u...

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Errrr..NO.

It, being the United States of America is a REPUBLIC. The United States is NOT a Democracy!!!!!!!

Again, and say this slowly; the USA is a Representative Republic.That is why we do NOT have majority / mob rule.

It's a fairly simple concept actually, that I learned in elementary school; but then you are obviously a low information obama voter.

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
I agree with everything you post here, but like Reagan said, if you can get more than half of what you want, you're doing a pretty good job.
To be honest, I don't think anybody will ever change the tax code Republican or Democrat. True, they both "say" they want to do something, but never do when the opportunity presents itself be it DumBama and an all Democrat House or Bush with an all Republican House. It just never happens.
But if anybody would try to change the taxation in this country, it would have to meet approval of both parties. That being said, a somewhat progressive tax structure is something Democrats can work with. They would never work with everybody paying the same rate because by their standards, it would disproportionately favor the wealthy.
GW Bush and the republican-controlled House & Senate worked with the democrats for six years. What did it get them? How did it benefit the nation? Remember: When you reach across the aisle to democrats, you pull back a bloody stump. These are people who support the killing of unborn babies. They're not going to have your back, once they get what they want from you.

We don't elect people so they can go to Washington and get along with everyone. We elect them to go to Washington and do what they promised to do. I don't care if my representative is the only person on the face of the planet who thinks ObamaCare should be repealed. He campaigned against OC. I expect him to vote against any bill that funds it, and vote for any bill that repeals it. If he does anything different than that, he's broken his word.

Do you think the founders would have levied a heavier tax on one group of citizens more than another? Do you think they would want unelected, unaccountable bureaucracies like the EPA to make laws?

It's vital for us to take the Senate in 2014 and the WH in 2016. I have no interest in working with anyone who doesn't have the country's best interest in mind, because to do that is to harm the country further.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Seems to me that nobody has this nations best interest in mind. Greed and a false sense of power give rise to self promotion as opposed to doing what's right for this country. Been this way since Kennedy was killed, America s gone into the crapper since then.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Errrr..NO.
It, being the United States of America is a REPUBLIC. The United States is NOT a Democracy!!!!!!!
Again, and say this slowly; the USA is a Representative Republic.That is why we do NOT have majority / mob rule.
It's a fairly simple concept actually, that I learned in elementary school; but then you are obviously a low information obama voter.
Maybe what you learned in elementary school was incomplete. Just because we have a representative form of government, does not mean it is not a democracy. Here's the definition of "democracy" from dictionary.com :

"de·moc·ra·cy
noun, plural de·moc·ra·cies.
government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/democr...

You are probably confusing the general term "democracy" with the more specific "direct democracy" or "pure democracy."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the founders would have levied a heavier tax on one group of citizens more than another?
Yes. People were taxed on their personal property. Those with more property (the wealthy) paid more taxes.

"Following the American Revolution, this tax was replaced by taxes on items of moveable personal property, such as on slaves, livestock, and some luxury items. This is the origin of the modern Virginia personal property tax system."

http://www.lva.virginia.gov/public/guides/va2...
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think they would want unelected, unaccountable bureaucracies like the EPA to make laws?
It's vital for us to take the Senate in 2014 and the WH in 2016.
Yeah, who was the liberal President that created the EPA by executive order?

"Reorganization Plan No. 3 (35 F.R. 15623, 84 Stat. 2086) was an executive order submitted to the United States Congress on July 9, 1970 by President Richard Nixon establishing the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and setting forth the components of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reorganization_P...

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe what you learned in elementary school was incomplete. Just because we have a representative form of government, does not mean it is not a democracy. Here's the definition of "democracy" from dictionary.com :
"de·moc·ra·cy
government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies."
You are probably confusing the general term "democracy" with the more specific "direct democracy" or "pure democracy."
With all due respect sir: you are incorrect and so is your dictionary.......

http://lmgtfy.com/...

"AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS"

here is an interesting read......
http://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/repvsde...

For instance: If the United States were a Democracy.
There would never have been a civil rights amendment.
Women would not have the right to vote.
etc.etc.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"de·moc·ra·cy
The distinction between our Republic and a democracy is not an idle one. It has great legal significance.
The Constitution guarantees to every state a Republican form of government (Art. 4, Sec. 4). No state may join the United States unless it is a Republic. Our Republic is one dedicated to "liberty and justice for all." Minority individual rights are the priority. The people have natural rights instead of civil rights. The people are protected by the Bill of Rights from the majority. One vote in a jury can stop all of the majority from depriving any one of the people of his rights; this would not be so if the United States were a democracy.(see People's rights vs Citizens' rights)

In a pure democracy 51 beats 49[%]. In a democracy there is no such thing as a significant minority: there are no minority rights except civil rights (privileges) granted by a condescending majority. Only five of the U.S. Constitution's first ten amendments apply to Citizens of the United States. Simply stated, a democracy is a dictatorship of the majority. Socrates was executed by a democracy: though he harmed no one, the majority found him intolerable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,321 - 22,340 of28,457
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mason Discussions

Search the Mason Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Peter 18,490
Heroin In Cinci (Jan '12) 14 hr hurtforh 58
Dangerous Motorcycle Gang in Cincinnati (Aug '09) Wed Dottie 8,060
Group Ride!!!!! Wed Banshee 12 0 Clock boyZ 10
Well endowed Local Celebs Wed Marine JAG 2
Who is that Sick Guy running for a council seat? (Jul '09) Wed curious kid 11
Dennis Coutee Jul 8 Searching 1
•••
•••