Ohio Health Care Association, Kasich ...

Ohio Health Care Association, Kasich feud over proposed cut to nursing homes | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 88 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 9, 2011, titled Ohio Health Care Association, Kasich feud over proposed cut to nursing homes | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

MASON, Ohio The state's nursing home lobby has its television commercial. Gov. John Kasich has the bully pulpit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
skessler

Columbus, OH

#1 May 9, 2011
Well, whaat about people and quality of life? Is that not important to john the bully?
FED UP

Hilliard, OH

#2 May 9, 2011
Is there anyone left in this State that King Kasuck has not p.i.s.s.e.d. off?
knowbettadenu2

United States

#3 May 9, 2011
What, he didn't get any money from them? Is that the problem?
JK Hines

Pickerington, OH

#4 May 9, 2011
Kasich better think twice about this one! When his wife trades him in for someone her age and sticks him in a home good luck with the care your butt gets!
The Happy Crab

Palm Coast, FL

#5 May 9, 2011
This is all part of the teabaggers health care plans which is really simple and cost effective. Their plan is that if you get sick and don't have insurance or cash to pay for your treatment, you die.
CommonSenseVoter

Bridgeton, MO

#7 May 9, 2011
Actually, nursing homes in OH are among the highest Medicaid reimbursement of all 50 states. They have very strong lobbyists that pushed the legislation to codify their reimbursement rate which led to steady increases over the past 18 years. Not unlike the base/step increases that led our government employees to be paid 20% over market with very rich health and retirement benefits. It will be interesting to see how this show down plays out.
The Happy Crab

Palm Coast, FL

#9 May 9, 2011
I see that The Dispatch feels t-e-a-b-a-g-g-e-r-s is a dirty word. Personally, I feel that these far right idiots are an obscenity, not the word.
tralfaz

Sheridan, AR

#10 May 9, 2011
Heil, Heil, Kasich! He may be coming after you next!
JoeBig

Oberlin, OH

#12 May 9, 2011
Kasich says, "We're not going to cave into these special interests...", that is, unless it's White Hat Management and the rest of Kasich's for-profit charter school cronies. He conveniently picks and chooses the folks he bows down to; I believe it's all relative to the amount of money they've put into his coffers over the years. Kasich's bus runs on money and those who have not forked over enough are the ones getting run over.
Local News Junkie

Columbus, OH

#13 May 9, 2011
He's promising tax cuts.....YEAH! I LUV it!
dandydon64

Hilliard, OH

#14 May 9, 2011
The Dispatch is always for the anti-Robin Hood Party (repubs.) King John has spoken and The Greatest Central Ohio Newspaper will give him the right stories or op-eds to cover his actions. It would be great to have a real newspaper in Columbus, and not a Repub rag.

Not convinced, search the last time The Dispatch has backed a Dem. for Pres.

They are almost more faux than Fox.
THREE FOR FREE

Brookville, OH

#15 May 9, 2011
KASICH IS A TURD PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! HE IS TRYING TO KILL OFF OLD PEOPLE ALONG WITH THE MIDDLE CLASS SO HE AND HIS RICH BUDDIES CAN HAVE ALL THE POWER!! HE A TURD THAT NEEDS FLUSHED DOWN THE SCIOTO RIVER!! HE HA ALREADY BACK STABED THE ONES THAT GOT HIM ELECTED>>>
karon

AOL

#16 May 9, 2011
Most families do not want to give up their everyday life to take care of Mom or Dad. When Mom and Dad start acting like toddlers and the families have to do everything for them, that is why nursing homes are important to have and support!
THREE FOR FREE

Brookville, OH

#17 May 9, 2011
CommonSenseVoter wrote:
Actually, nursing homes in OH are among the highest Medicaid reimbursement of all 50 states. They have very strong lobbyists that pushed the legislation to codify their reimbursement rate which led to steady increases over the past 18 years. Not unlike the base/step increases that led our government employees to be paid 20% over market with very rich health and retirement benefits. It will be interesting to see how this show down plays out.
How cany you sat that when his ( KASICHS) DATA WAS 7 Years Old??
THREE FOR FREE

Brookville, OH

#18 May 9, 2011
KASICH IS A TURD PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! HE IS TRYING TO KILL OFF OLD PEOPLE ALONG WITH THE MIDDLE CLASS SO HE AND HIS RICH BUDDIES CAN HAVE ALL THE POWER!! HE'S A TURD THAT NEEDS FLUSHED DOWN THE SCIOTO RIVER!! HE HAS ALREADY BACK STABBED THE ONES THAT GOT HIM ELECTED>>>
wastherethen

Columbus, OH

#19 May 9, 2011
If the Governor hadn't proposed INCREASED state spending, we could have had a tax cut now.
Real Get Real

Orient, OH

#20 May 9, 2011
Ohio is being fooled by Kasich and the GOP.

I keep hearing "we've got an $8 billion deficit" as an excuse to cut public schools and public safety to the bone. Yet we give away $7 BILLION in special tax breaks and corporate welfare.

http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live/content/...

I keep hearing "shared sacrifice" when instead we're seeing the estate tax eliminated, a tax that primarily benefits the rich while cutting services to Middle Americans. When asked by Laura Bishop for numbers on older Ohioans leaving the State because of this tax, Batchelder admitted he didn't know (COTR 4/8/2001). Then we see Kasich's closest friends get massive raises or tax giveaways totaling millions.

I keep hearing that teachers are overpaid and must be judged on merit alone. This from a Governor who refuses to release his own net worth and rants from his million dollar home. Yet true merit systems exist only in 1 out of 7 private sector professional jobs and most studies to date show educator merit pay systems cost more and fail miserably to improve education (see POINT study from Vanderbilt).

I hear that public schools are terrible and we need more accountability. Then we see a budget provision inserted by White Hat that removes all fiscal, academic, and legal accountability from all for-profit charters. This from an administration that wants JobsOhio to be immune from any responsibility to taxpayers using taxpayer money.

I hear we need more tax breaks to attract jobs, yet we've been living for years in Ohio under failed Taft and Bush tax policies and still have high unemployment.

On and on....

Ohio, you will be picking up the pieces from this amateurish administration for decades.
CLINTONVILLE RESIDENT

Columbus, OH

#21 May 9, 2011
Maybe these nursing homes can save money by cutting wages (hiring latinos and somolians etc) and serving crappy food, not repairing some cosmetic damages, just have basic cable, paper thin blankets, charge extra to bathe and cut residents hair.

Oh wait-that is what is done now. So make them get LESS money and you think that the shitty care they get now is going to actually not decline?

He is tossing those people under the bus.
H Man

Hilliard, OH

#22 May 9, 2011
CLINTONVILLE RESIDENT wrote:
Maybe these nursing homes can save money by cutting wages (hiring latinos and somolians etc) and serving crappy food, not repairing some cosmetic damages, just have basic cable, paper thin blankets, charge extra to bathe and cut residents hair.
Oh wait-that is what is done now. So make them get LESS money and you think that the shitty care they get now is going to actually not decline?
He is tossing those people under the bus.
"Somolians" ????
kasichhater

Marysville, OH

#23 May 9, 2011
fueding with kasuck? who the hell isnt? except his blind sheep followers! the man is a prick! needs to be recalled and now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mason Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cute nurse names Taylor at bethesda hospital 19 min Help 2
Heroin In Cinci (Jan '12) 5 hr Looking around 109
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr VINNY DINARDI 20,102
News Hillary Clinton to make September trip to Cinci... 14 hr Kyboy 112
Vote For Donald Trump Sun car007 4
Looking for john Neal the cop Sat Lipsofangel 1
Bengal VIP tix, worth it? Sat lmao 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mason Mortgages