Ohio Health Care Association, Kasich feud over proposed cut to nursing homes

There are 29 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from May 9, 2011, titled Ohio Health Care Association, Kasich feud over proposed cut to nursing homes. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

The state's nursing home lobby has its television commercial. Gov. John Kasich has the bully pulpit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bucknut

Girard, OH

#21 May 10, 2011
I regret voting for this Snake Oil Salesman. I will never vote Republican again. Start the recall!!!!
Mr Creosote

Columbus, OH

#22 May 10, 2011
Teach wrote:
John Kasich is an embarrassment to Ohioans.
You are an embarrassment to humanity. What exactly do you "teach".....proctolo gy??
Hammer

Sunbury, OH

#23 May 10, 2011
qqq wrote:
I don't see why i should have to pay for someone else's nursing. They should pay for it themselves. The cuts make sense to me.
you are a tea bag nut.
Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#24 May 10, 2011
qqq wrote:
I don't see why i should have to pay for someone else's nursing. They should pay for it themselves. The cuts make sense to me.
As a society, we have the obligation to protect those who are in God's waiting room.
Wait until you are old and sick!!
Hammer

Sunbury, OH

#25 May 10, 2011
Mr Creosote wrote:
<quoted text>You are an embarrassment to humanity. What exactly do you "teach".....proctolo gy??
common sense tea bag dope
Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#26 May 10, 2011
"No group should use political influence to run public policy"???
How about 'the groups' who financed your campaign?
You are planning to ignore them?

What a disgraceful statement, Governor!!
Slow learner

Columbus, OH

#27 May 11, 2011
Publius wrote:
Kasich is absolutely right, and I blame the Boomer generation for this. Nursing homes should not be the first option. They should be the last. People used to take care of their parents and it was part of the social compact. The Boomer's want to dump mom & dad in a retirement home (like they dumped their kids in day care), at public expense, so that they can go on living their "responsibility free" hedonistic existence that started at birth. They are the biggest bunch of self-absorbed, whining Peter Pans this world has ever known. I plan to crack open a bottle of expensive champaign when the very last of the Boomer generation dies.
Interesting comment, but the boomer generation is a diverse group, some of whom sacrificed their freedom to keep their parents at home by hiring in-home care givers. Others, sold their parent's home and so they may live in an assisted living facility, to avoid falling down stairs or tripping on carpets and ending up in a nursing home. In all cases, a nursing home is the last resort, simply due to the expense.

You're dreaming, if you think that you will outlive the boomer generation. In my experience, 67 years old boomers ride motorcycles to work, take week long snowboarding vacations, help their children buy expensive homes that even they themselves would never think of buying and look forward to retiring in a third world country.

To be honest, one boomer doctor espouses that the cost for major surgery should not be funded by Medicare once a person turns 90 years old. I imagine, that these boomer are not expecting to become liabilities. It will be interesting, but you willl not be drinking champaign on the graves of the boomers.
ReadyToLeaveOhio

Troy, OH

#28 May 11, 2011
I applaud Gov Kasich's bold steps!!! It's about time we have leadership willing to depart from the same ol, same ol policies of past union driven leadership!!! It was unbelievable how Strickland continued to dig us -- the state of Ohio -- into a deeper and deeper hole!!! You wonder why there are no jobs in OHIO -- talk to the UNIONS and their government cronies!!!! They've nearly bankrupted the state! Yes, it's going to "hurt"... our forefathers & mothers took HUGE chances AND we ARE here because of their willingness to BE RESPONSIBLE for THEMSELVES!!! They did NOT have BIG GOVERNMENT and UNIONS to hold their hand in youth OR old age. FAMILIES cared for families -- something this generations seems to have lost sight of! It's long past time to get your due "give me" and "entitlement" generation!
Slow learner

Dublin, OH

#29 May 11, 2011
ReadyToLeaveOhio wrote:
I applaud Gov Kasich's bold steps!!! It's about time we have leadership willing to depart from the same ol, same ol policies of past union driven leadership!!! It was unbelievable how Strickland continued to dig us -- the state of Ohio -- into a deeper and deeper hole!!! You wonder why there are no jobs in OHIO -- talk to the UNIONS and their government cronies!!!! They've nearly bankrupted the state! Yes, it's going to "hurt"... our forefathers & mothers took HUGE chances AND we ARE here because of their willingness to BE RESPONSIBLE for THEMSELVES!!! They did NOT have BIG GOVERNMENT and UNIONS to hold their hand in youth OR old age. FAMILIES cared for families -- something this generations seems to have lost sight of! It's long past time to get your due "give me" and "entitlement" generation!
I suggest that conservative bloggers ponder the following: "Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it". Your comment reflects a complete ignorance of history and your comment of "same ol, same ol policies past union driven leadership" would be insulting to my ancestors. You can not expect anyone to believe this history that you fabricated out of whole cloth.

For example, my uncle recalls that he went to bank in London with his uncle at the start of the great depression to withdraw money. The bank refused and he lost his entire savings and was subsequently happy to sell a calf for $20.00. Franklin Roosevelt and his New Deal programs saved many Americans from a life of destitude. Union pay scales elevated the lives of families in Ohio and resulted in prosperous and healthy cities.

I will not be led down the garden path by the Grover Norquist's economic theory espoused by the new generation of republican politicians. Before you espouse revisionist history to support your "entitlement" generation of thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mason Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reaction follows acquittal of Cleveland police ... 2 hr Chimp Bait 1
Question for the chimps 2 hr Zoobreak 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr The Rev 19,921
WLW Radio Military Advisor Colonel Twittle will... Fri Gorilla Gluee 7
CINCINatI is TOO ANTI-gay (Jun '09) Thu jessi Haynes 110
benzos Thu jessi Haynes 2
colette draeger May 19 linnie_murphy2 2
More from around the web

Mason People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]