Accused 'barker' challenging law | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A southwestern Ohio man charged with teasing a police dog by barking at it contends that his constitutional right to free speech was violated, his attorney said.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Apr 26, 2011
Paul Not Paublo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

A drunk barking at a dog. I would probably let him off on the basis of mental idiot. Is there a mental institution this guy could be sent to for the rest of his life to protect him from himself? Even drunk who would do something that dumb? Oh wait he did.
dogs

London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

This case is ridiculous. You don't harass police dogs. Period.
Why am I here

Gulf Shores, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

If you harass a police officer you go to jail. Now since this dog is legally a police officer guesswhat???? You go to jail and give the guy a mental evaluation also sounds like a nutjob to me
ramseyjames

Jackson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

Police Chief Ron Ferrell "They are going to do anything they can do to try to do the job they are hired to do" > is this guy for real? I wonder how many interviews he conducted before he HIRED this particular DOG! This guy and his ridiculous comments are almost funny! I think he probably discriminates in all the other animals in the kingdom! He only hires DOGS!:-) Since the DOGS are HIRED, I wonder what their retirement pensions look like! kasich should investigate this!
Spooktackular

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

I agree with the mans lawyer. If the dog can't handle a drunk barking how would it handle a crack dealers pit bull ?
I meant Mason Ohio

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

Mayberry, Ohio PD flexing its muscle. Go get 'em Barney! Oh, I meant Bradley.
Why am I here

Gulf Shores, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

A police officer is a police officer even if he walks on 4 legs

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mason Discussions

Search the Mason Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 15 min DEMSRULE 29,089
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 44 min They cannot kill a Spook 231
What are they building next to white castle? 1 hr Mary Ann 2
Jobs Nearby...Help me Cinci 8 hr HR Recruiter 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue bee 6335 18,536
Dangerous Motorcycle Gang in Cincinnati (Aug '09) Tue Dottie 8,063
1950's-1960's STRATFORD MANOR / EASTWOOD VILLAGE (Mar '09) Mon Susie Witherspoon 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mason Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mason People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••