Experts to scour Ohio for new destruc...

Experts to scour Ohio for new destructive insect | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 6 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 16, 2010, titled Experts to scour Ohio for new destructive insect | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

No more than a few Asian longhorned beetles have been found in Ohio, and state agriculture officials want to keep it that way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Andrew

Sidney, OH

#1 Dec 16, 2010
Forest Park is in the wrong location on the map graphic.

Think about this little bug while you're shopping at Walmart or Target this year.
watcher

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 16, 2010
Wow, can I get a job walking in the woods looking at trees? Lets see these bugs were found in Columbus and Loudenville but we are not going to look there for them. We are going to look where we dont expect to find any of them? What kind of sense does this make? Only the Govt. could operate this way. Another $30,000 down the tubes.
Conservatives Lie

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 16, 2010
watcher wrote:
Wow, can I get a job walking in the woods looking at trees? Lets see these bugs were found in Columbus and Loudenville but we are not going to look there for them. We are going to look where we dont expect to find any of them? What kind of sense does this make? Only the Govt. could operate this way. Another $30,000 down the tubes.
So...we should do NOTHING? Like we did with the Emerald Ash Borer? Capitulate to knuckle-draggers like you? Ash trees make up 10% of our forests and trees here. Another ASIAN pest infiltrates, and you just yawn and say it's a waste of time? Stay in your cave, and let the grown-ups handle this, please.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 16, 2010
Do we ever export pests to Asia? If not, we should start!
TICON

Westerville, OH

#5 Dec 18, 2010
Dispatch needs to put a colored picture of this insect so we can identify it. The only thing that comes out of Asian flu, bad fish and more S**T.
becky

Westerville, OH

#6 May 9, 2011
You need more info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mason Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If Trump LIES to Prosecutor he will 2 hr Jayden Blackman 18
News New Details In Brutal Murder (Jan '06) 2 hr Joshoconnor1981 144
Meth in cinci (Mar '17) 3 hr Trash 13
word association (Jan '09) 14 hr winner 288
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr Agree 21,446
News UC wants courts to toss lawsuit over white nati... 21 hr charlie manson 7
Old girlfriend Thu sopredictable 4

Mason Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mason Mortgages