Utility bills more costly in wake of polar vortex

As cold as it's been outside, the most chilling part of this frigid month might be when your next utility bill arrives. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jerry K

Waverly, OH

#22 Feb 11, 2014
A new tax would stop all vortexing, polar and the others in one swipe.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#23 Feb 11, 2014
polar vorticies have been around for a long time, but were considered rather boring by the media until they figured out they could use the term to frighten people.

People who think this weather is particularly bad are either younger, or weren't paying attention when they were.

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

#24 Feb 12, 2014
Well I am 51 and aside from 77 don't remember it being this different with the temps. Of course I cant remember what I had for breakfast so who's to really say.
Jerry K

Waverly, OH

#25 Feb 12, 2014
joanna50 wrote:
Well I am 51 and aside from 77 don't remember it being this different with the temps. Of course I cant remember what I had for breakfast so who's to really say.
Its possible temps this winter won't even match the 2009 - 2010 winter which was 15th coldest on record according to the National Climatic Data Center.

From the NCDC data :

The 2009/2010 winter season was marked by anomalously cold air in the South and East. Temperatures for the three-month period (December–February) were dominated by the historically strong negative phase of the Arctic Oscillation (AO).

The average winter temperature across the contiguous U.S. was 1.8 degrees F (1.0 degrees C) below the 20th century average, or 15th coolest on record.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/national/2010/1...

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

#26 Feb 12, 2014
Im talking about differences in the temps, although this has been a cold winter and im am over it. I would rather have the cold than all this ice.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27 Feb 13, 2014
Jerry K wrote:
<quoted text>
Its possible temps this winter won't even match the 2009 - 2010 winter which was 15th coldest on record according to the National Climatic Data Center.
From the NCDC data :
The 2009/2010 winter season was marked by anomalously cold air in the South and East. Temperatures for the three-month period (December–February) were dominated by the historically strong negative phase of the Arctic Oscillation (AO).
The average winter temperature across the contiguous U.S. was 1.8 degrees F (1.0 degrees C) below the 20th century average, or 15th coolest on record.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/national/2010/1...
Hey,hey,hey, don't you be usin' them big words like (AO). You tryin' to start another conspiracy or what? Them things cost money that we don't have to investigate.
Jerry K

Waverly, OH

#28 Feb 13, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Hey,hey,hey, don't you be usin' them big words like (AO). You tryin' to start another conspiracy or what? Them things cost money that we don't have to investigate.
Shucks, I was going to post a long ramble about the PDO and NAO next. Guess I'll have to wait until July when people complain about the heat, keep in mind mother nature needs no co - conspirators, she conducts the agenda all on her own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mason Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 37 min Vic 231
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Canton 31,055
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Pete Lake 19,216
Bengals Bites: JEREMY HILL’S past catches up w... 7 hr NATIONAL FELON LE... 2
BENGALS DRAFT another CONVICT - JEREMY HILL 7 hr NATIONAL FELON LE... 1
pentecostal church 8 hr Jenny James 76
Dangerous Motorcycle Gang in Cincinnati (Aug '09) 21 hr Dianne 8,075
•••
•••
•••

Mason Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mason People Search