Mascotte sets sights on tree farm for annexation

A south Lake County tree farm could add to this city's already immense expansions by bringing in more than 3 square miles mostly north of State Road 50. Full Story
Delusionole

Winter Garden, FL

#1 May 7, 2008
Inmates-assylum.
Enough Already

Tavares, FL

#2 May 7, 2008
Lovely - does that mean the beautiful community of Stuckey that borders our fair little town will be a part of Mascotte too?
WTF Minneola

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#3 May 7, 2008
And exactly who is going to provide services to that area? I hope Mascotte's budget allows for another fire station. I am getting tired of seeing Minneola FD bailing everyone else out! I know they all return the favor, but if I call 911 I better have someone here quickly!
bridget

Tavares, FL

#4 Jun 3, 2008
I understand if lake county doesn't want to develop in the ways of nasty buildings (such as they already have that line the streets of 50) but I dont understand how a TREE FARM expanding would hurt the beauty of lake county? If anything it would beautify it and add to the wetland, preservation appeal, it would protect the land using it for trees. Lake county needs to get it right- and concentrate on the massive banks, the ugly chain restauraunts and the enormous power cables that are messing with the once beautiful and rural areas..leave this company be.
Jose

Tavares, FL

#5 Jun 3, 2008
This would provide jobs to the area and isnt a large corporation, its a local company! I welcome it!! These people were born and raised here and employ TONS of mascotte locals!
OBAMANO

Winter Garden, FL

#6 Jun 5, 2008
The tree farm could turned into a huge housing development. It already has the lakes and canals. Sounds "shady" to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mascotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 23 hr born in 1930 2,484
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Sep 8 Liberal forever 2,972
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Sep 2 AWAKE 2,125
Clermont getting new passive park Jul '14 Amanda 1
New Lake County Arrests & Mugshots (Feb '14) Jul '14 localresident 2
Clermont Shell gas station robber arrested Jun '14 John 1
Good Job Clermont PD Catching Illegal Housed Se... (Mar '13) Jun '14 sunny 7
•••
•••
•••

Mascotte Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mascotte People Search