Friend

Knoxville, TN

#1 Sep 21, 2012
Dont ever order a wedding cake from KupKaties in Maryville. Went to a wedding Saturday in Loudon & not only was the delivery of the cake 2hrs late, but it was the worst cake ever!!! It was way overcooked, no one could eat it because it was so hard & the icing was tinted cool whip.....believe me it was bad! The owner refused to reimburse the bride any money back on the $400 she spent. Tell your friends to never order or buy from this mockery of a bakery!!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 21, 2012
I had a good experience with them. Unfortunately people do not post positive experiences near as often as they do negative experiences.
Positive vs Negative

United States

#4 Sep 22, 2012
If you are a business, you are expected to do business exceptionally. If you can't, you shouldn't be in business. Therefore, people shouldn't need to write positive things as everyone would assume that it is a positive place to do business with. So of course, when one finds out that the so-called positive business is performorming negatvely, that is why one should inform people of that business. For many folks, money does not come easy. Helping people protect the money that they have, is what we all should be doing. Maybe it will help keep many business' from taking advantage of people.
Positive vs Negative

United States

#5 Sep 22, 2012
If you are a business, you are expected to do business exceptionally. If you can't, you shouldn't be in business. Therefore, people shouldn't need to write positive things as everyone would assume that it is a positive place to do business with. So of course, when one finds out that the so-called positive business is performorming negatvely, that is why one should inform people of that business. For many folks, money does not come easy. Helping people protect the money that they have, is what we all should be doing. Maybe it will help keep many business' from taking advantage of people.
Cupcake Lover

Knoxville, TN

#6 Sep 22, 2012
I also have had a bad experience with this bakery. I ordered a birthday cake & we were unable to eat it......icing covers an overcooked cake so that you don't know until you bite into it just how bad it is!! I would never buy again from them. Poor bride, sorry she was taken advantage of.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#10 Oct 3, 2012
I & my friends will definitely heed the experienword of Cupcake lover and Friend in Knox.
Great Job

York, SC

#14 Oct 13, 2012
I love KupKaties!! They were the bakers for my wedding and it was fabulous! The cake was beautiful and delicious and my guest are still raving about it. The owner was super easy and helpful to work with and I would recommend her to any bride or individual in search of great cake!! I want to share an incident I witnessed on the store on one of my craving runs... I went in to her store, on a day when two women were in there complaining about a cake. I tried to mind my own business but I was curious.... I do have to say the owner handled herself very well but she had a battle. I witnessed her being bullied and threatened from from the start and the language used was non to be proud of. I was surprised that she stayed calm and listened because I was fighting back anger from the way she was being treated. If this particular incident is Friend then you should know what really happened from my point of view. if not then there has to be a reason for the mishap?! Because like I said they did an exceptional job for my wedding.
Cupcakes

High Point, NC

#15 Oct 16, 2012
LOVE KupKaties KupKakes, if you have not had their new pumpkin cheesecake cupcake then you have never had the best cupcake ever!!! Great cupcakes and super cute store!
Cupcakes

Charlotte, NC

#16 Oct 17, 2012
Love at first bite
Caramel Apple

Rock Hill, SC

#17 Oct 20, 2012
Had the Caramel Apple cupcake and it was the best thing I have ever put in my mouth, it helped me get into the fall mood!
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#18 Oct 27, 2012
As result of reading these complaints, I warned my groups about it.
Love Them!

High Point, NC

#19 Oct 27, 2012
I read the negative comments and I am a little skeptical about them. We hired KupKaties for our wedding a month ago and we were blown away! The cake was exactly what we wanting and our guest went crazy for the multiply flavors. The cake was beyond super delicious and the presentation was breathtaking! I would try them personally before I dissed them.
hillbilly cuzn

Knoxville, TN

#20 Nov 17, 2012
Better'n what happened to my hillbilly cuzn. Her wedding cake was two pans of cornbread with pinto bean icing. Had just a little chow chow on top to give it some color. She paid the woman 10 Roxie 30s for this gyp. Happened up in West Virginia.
Baked

Johnson City, TN

#21 Nov 24, 2012
Baked a tater
Your Crooked

Duluth, GA

#22 Nov 30, 2012
Capitol-Media wrote:
I had a good experience with them. Unfortunately people do not post positive experiences near as often as they do negative experiences.
That is because your business is crooked. What a ret@#rd!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jackie wallace 2 hr concerned parent 1
Boys & Girls Club receives $15,000 donation (Oct '06) 8 hr fyi 2
How does Phil Williams Show stay on the air? (Jun '10) 10 hr STFU 116
Adult VideoStore on Lovell Road is Shameful (May '07) 11 hr winners will return 236
Knights Inn on Callahan Drive - Swingers Party 11 hr him-her 5
East TN Pain Clinic Review (Apr '10) 12 hr Blue Rose 1,076
Morristown couple's puppy dies, store says no r... 15 hr mechanically incl... 9

High Wind Warning for Blount County was issued at November 23 at 2:48AM CST

Maryville Dating
Find my Match

Maryville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Maryville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Maryville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]