Lawyer: Lyme disease hurt shooter's m...

Lawyer: Lyme disease hurt shooter's mental health

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Lawyer: Lyme disease hurt shooter's mental health. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

An attorney for the 27-year-old man accused of gunning down an Illinois pastor says his client's mental health has been deteriorated by Lyme disease.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

ali

Monon, IN

#1 Mar 9, 2009
I can't believe this happened it is soooo sad
bogus

Albion, IL

#2 Mar 9, 2009
That lawyer is full of crap. I suffer from the effects from Lymes, since 1984, and I have never had an urge to kill anyone. That's a bunch of B.S.
Ivory Dove

San Antonio, TX

#3 Mar 9, 2009
That still is no excuse to attack a good father and
leave his wife and daughters grieving.
Larry

Sudbury, MA

#4 Mar 9, 2009
In this age we continually proper up the "perps" by finding every imaginable excuse for their behavior regardless of the seriousness/cold-bloodness of the crime. Its all about becoming more progressive, don't you understand?
GURU

Pineville, KY

#5 Mar 9, 2009
The lawyer is looking for a way to avoid the death sentence.
Lyme Disease

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 9, 2009
There was an earlier news report, months ago, long before this incident, that this man has lesions on his brain. Doctors thought he was mentally ill and then found the brain lesions from Lyme Disease. This is not something his lawyer is making up. There was a news report months ago about this very man and his brain lesions.

As long as we refuse to have proper free medical care for all, including hospitalizing or institutionalizing those with mental issues, we will have these tragedies.
wakeupcall

Harpers Ferry, WV

#7 Mar 12, 2009
Regarding the story about lyme disease and the the killing of a pastor.... First my heart aches for the family and their loss. I must now go to this horrible disease that no one seems to really understand. I read the shocking stories from doctors who suggest that Lyme disease could not have anything to do with what this young man did. I have Lyme disease and for the most I suffer from many of the symptoms they reported I also suffer from Lyme rage. I am known for being a calm and very considerate person so when I went into a rage my family was at a total loss to understand what in the world was going on. It happened several times and I had no control of it at all. I had an MRI after my neurologist deemed it necessary and they found numerous lesions in the deep white matter of my frontal lobes as well other parts of my brain. I am now being treated with IV antibiotics and so far no more rage. So for anyone believing that this can't happen think twice. We have a real crisis on our hands and doctors that don't fully understand what this disease is capable of. I'm hopeful that the blame game will stop and action will begin before this story becomes seen more and more often. Thank you for allowing me to comment.
JOHN

New York, NY

#8 Mar 18, 2009
I have lyme disease, a blood test positive case. It definitely can affect you mentally. Not everyone with this disease has the same experience, who knows how badly it damaged this man's brain.

Most people who get lyme take antibiotics and suffer no complications, but some, like me, progress into a debilitating illness.

Who knows what really went on, but lyme can be serious and cause mental illness.

“Never Forget To Smile”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#9 Apr 3, 2009
This was my Pastor. It is a very sad situation, but I'm trying my hardest to follow Pastor Fred's now-widow Cindy's words "..to not hate.."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conoco Fri Millstadt69 2
Brad Reno... Fri KANSAS 2
Section 8 - HUD - Housing (Mar '12) Oct 19 Bails Bonds 19
girls girls girls (Jul '14) Oct 19 HonkeyPride42 20
kris casteel (Jul '15) Oct 18 soul cracker 8
Caseyville Hardees (Apr '17) Oct 14 Robert Durango 5
Cute (Apr '17) Jul '17 Jason Pugh 4

Maryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance