You Paid For It: Caseyville Trustees

You Paid For It: Caseyville Trustees

There are 83 comments on the Fox2Now story from Feb 16, 2010, titled You Paid For It: Caseyville Trustees. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

You paid for it heads to Caseyville, Illinois after taxpayers ask about the money their part-time trustees are getting paid for the small town job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ken Carrico

Waterloo, IL

#1 Feb 16, 2010
Unless there is much more to their responsibilities than their counterparts they should immediately reduce their pay. In fact, it should be retroactive so that this fiscal year's compensation is on par with neighboring communities. Who voted this in, anyway?
going south

Elmhurst, IL

#2 Feb 17, 2010
This is just typical of the spending in Caseyville. They also pay their city attorney more than most attorneys make for over-seeing more than one community. And they pay a 12hr/wk Zoning Administrator 80k year. But then again he also works for the same company as one of the Board Members. They are all connected one way or the other....Kind of like the Kevin Bacon connection.
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#3 Feb 17, 2010
They way over exaggerated what their pay is..probably just from a hear say. I know a few of the trustees and they are down there doing more than a weekly meeting so if you actually take a look at all the hours they put in then divide it by what they make it probably comes near to minimum wage. There is some bitterness going on from an excluded family in CASEYville. I wonder how much Elliot Davis gets paid? I mean there is war, non-stop shootings in East STL, violence and they waste out time in watching the NEWS for something stupid and petty like that.. Alls I can say until you know exactly what they do and how many hours they actually put forth doing it, you shouldn't comment. I vote to keep Elliot Davis off the NEWS he doesn't report NEWS at all, hes a waste of time and the money he gets paid. Oh and the Waterloo and Chicago comments....worry about your own towns...Get on with your life...Watch some REAL NEWS!!!
just a note

Elmhurst, IL

#4 Feb 17, 2010
To the ex-Caseyvillian...umm you tell us to worry about out towns yet here you post ripping on Elliot Davis for investigating a town that is not yours. So do they get paid at least $400.00 more than their surrounding communities or not? Being a politician is a community service position. I think $775.00 is way to much for someone who should be doing this job to help their community. Personally, I think it should be volunteer. I bet they would find better people to run it, people who were really concerned with community. Im not sure about your bitterness comment, but it obviously has nothing to do with the facts of the story. So lets keep with the facts.
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#5 Feb 17, 2010
Just a note...Show me that they get paid 775 dollars...I know for a fact they don't get paid that. I am not bitter I just hate when people are worried about things when there is more important stuff going on. I am not going to waste my whole day with you because you have such a pathetic life you want to blog on this post all day which is fine. But maybe you should oh I dunno get a hobby? Why are you seriously so concerned. MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!! It will do you good. Don't spend all day trying to act like a child and battle over a blog all day....PATHETIC!
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#6 Feb 17, 2010
One last thing..How do you know that they need better people to run it? Are you hiding the fact that you are from Caseyville but you put you are from Chicago? You tell me what you think needs to be done different or the facts that you think they run it wrong. In all reality you have no idea if you don't live in Caseyville.
abc123

United States

#7 Feb 17, 2010
I lived in Caseyville for many years of my life and know many of the City Officials. Do you all forget about Mr. Rick Casey who, was paid by the city to approve all the TIF funds that his company profited from. So it does not surprise me that the Officials are paid to sit at the "diner" or gas station drinking coffee or gambling all day. But then again that is hard work.
wow really

Elmhurst, IL

#8 Feb 17, 2010
These tax payers should be irate. Paying these guys that much more than surrounding communities. I guess they vote on their own raises which is how they got to be such high paid public servents. I love Elliot Davis! He tells the truth and nothing but the truth. I bet they will have people knocking down the doors trying to run for this position. Heck thats more than some folks make working 40 hr weeks! These guys should be ashamed.
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#9 Feb 17, 2010
Its funny abc mentioned Rick Casey...he is the one who stole from the city of Caseyville for the past few years and they finally found out and elected his ass out. Oh but by the way he/his daughter are the ones who called Elliot Davis...kinda like a high school revenge plot. Sooo for all of you who think you know what you are talking about...go ahead and come down to the city hall and try out for the position. I will be there with more than a welcome for ya!
howdie doodee

Elmhurst, IL

#10 Feb 17, 2010
Hi Cindy!
just a note

Elmhurst, IL

#11 Feb 17, 2010
Hey Ex Caseyvillian, werent you calling me pathetic for doing nothing but blogging all day?? Now whose pathetic.
NoBiz-of yours

Belleville, IL

#12 Feb 17, 2010
Caseyville does not employ a city manager as does other communities. Before commenting about the trustees salaries, people should check out other communities and see if the lower trustee salaries also include pay for city managers. People should check all their facts before putting the horse before the cart. I do believe ex-caseyvillian that disgruntal past employess & trustee with a specific name are behind the You Paid for it Story.
Hopefully someday they will get what they deserve.
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#13 Feb 17, 2010
Now whose pathetic? Did you mean who is? You could of even typed who's. Nice! I love how you hurry up and checked back to make sure you could monitor how much was being typed on here....seriously GET A LIFE!! I am blogging on here because I am standing up for people who don't deserve what happened to them. You are just on here because you have no life...there is a difference...Please go on and find a hobby..You know what...instead of wasting your time on here, maybe you should google easy spelling words, and grammar!

Since: Sep 09

Collinsville, IL

#14 Feb 17, 2010
Why is everyone taking this personally? I do think it is time for new trustees myself, they got rid of dispatching because they
couldnt afford the dispatchers but yet they still pay for clerks to sit there all day in the police station till mid. And
have to pay for EVERY call dispatched by Cencom. How does that make sense? Wait and see how much they end up paying for this . And yes we already know that city employees took a pay freeze and 1 day a month off without pay , and thats great to help keep a couple people working . Its just time for change here .
city of angels

Elmhurst, IL

#15 Feb 18, 2010
Wow and people say were are the city of bad politics.
oldman

Belleville, IL

#16 Feb 18, 2010
ex-Caseyvillian; I believe you are the ex-trustee who's son ran out of town with $80,000.00 worth of tiff funds. You still have connections with the local's and slop up booze with them almost daily. If you were employed you wouldn't have time to sit on your *ss and argue. Have a good day!!!!!!
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#17 Feb 18, 2010
No oldman...I am definitely not a male...I am related to a trustee that is still there. I am female own my own business and have never drank a day in my life. Im sure if you are from Caseyville or close you know exactly who I am.
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#18 Feb 18, 2010
Oh and by the way mom of 4...funny how you are soo concerned with the trustees but yet... You are on unemployment and I tried to GIVE you a job and you would rather take the free money...so you probably should keep your comments to yourself.
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#19 Feb 18, 2010
How can anyone form any opinions based on what they see and hear secondhand? Elliot to make them out like a villain for their city wages, even though the other city wages they cited (even some had higher wages) did not include expense allowances, nor did they mention that Caseyville doesn't ...hire a city manager like the others, but the board absorbs that work...
ex-Caseyvillian

Alton, IL

#20 Feb 18, 2010
This will be my last post...Its over and done with..Nothing was accomplished by them that on TV, not all the information was researched enough before put out there... I am tired of fighting back and forth on here with all you "KNOW IT ALLS" Have fun hopefully you find other things in your life to worry about...ha

Sincerely,

Kristin Tamburello Bevel

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa pisetta 15 hr Smh 3
Timothy Clark Murder 1980 (Aug '11) 18 hr motherof2 33
marquitta davis (Jul '11) May 22 Knowing 5
Child molester warning May 21 Millstadt 69 2
Dead Beat Dads of Collinsville!! Post then & ro... (Dec '11) May 20 Dave 46
Ryan watson May 19 Unc 1
Danny Guffey wanted criminal. (Sep '16) May 18 Wtfss 17

Maryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance