Man charged in two slayings

Mar 29, 2008 Full story: www.topix.net 14

“He was banned for life. If he showed up on the property, the bartenders are supposed to call the police”

--

Madison County prosecutors filed first-degree murder charges Friday against a State Park Place man in the deaths of Anquiaette 'Tweety' Parker, 19, and her 4-year-old cousin Cermen 'C.J.' Toney Jr., whose remains were found in a cistern on the man's former property.

Kevin J. Reid, 51, of 9261 Collinsville Road, was charged with two counts of murder, one count of intentional homicide of an unborn child, and two counts of concealment of a homicidal death.

Reid is accused of placing both victims in an underground cistern, knowing it would cause their deaths, according to the charges. At a press conference Friday afternoon, Illinois State Police would not comment when asked whether they believe the two were still alive when placed in the cistern. Read more

Full Story
District

Washington, DC

#1 Mar 29, 2008
Send his ass to Menard an let brothers get a piece. Also, where are all the whites and their comments about crime. Oh, this is a white man.

Since: Mar 08

EAST CARONDELET, ILLINOIS

#2 Mar 29, 2008
I'm glad they were able to have someone in custody for commiting this crime & and it wasn't consider a cold case eventually with no leads... Glad they came across their remains so, the family can give the proper burial..YES HE SURE WILL GET IT WHEN HE GETS TO PRISON but he won't quite get what he deserves, he deserves to suffer greatly...
spyda Mike

Trenton, NJ

#3 Apr 2, 2008
I drove by the house today where they found the bodies,the huse looks so haunted if only you people could see it.looking at the house shook my whole body.you could feel the death in the air and in my spirit.everyone has to pray about this.

Http://www.myspace.com/hardhittinent

hit me up there everyone
knew him

Alton, IL

#4 Apr 12, 2008
I knew Kevin well. I have had some good times with him, but I stopped associating with him about 10 years ago because he started getting weird. Laziness and drugs were his down fall. He couldn't hold a job because it interfered with his partying. When high on cocaine he became a very different person, paranoid and (obviously) potentially violent. It's not hard for me to imagine him killing an adult, but I can NOT imagine him killing a child. My heart goes out to the family of the victims, and if indeed Kevin is guilty I hope he gets what he deserves.
Judy

Omaha, NE

#5 Apr 13, 2008
I live in Omaha, Ne. and I heard about this story. I am white, but i am devasted by what this guy done and I think he should get the death penalty for what he done. Nobody should have to die that way.
Judy

Omaha, NE

#6 Apr 13, 2008
I work with a girl that is family to the two that were killed and I hate to see her greive the way she's greiving. They better be glad they caught him, because me and my friend were gonna take a trip and try to find him. My family sends their condolences. For the man who caused this awful tragedy I have nothing.
Someone

Indianapolis, IN

#7 May 14, 2008
I remeber the little boy's mother from Aldi's in Cahokia. She really was a very nice person. She was the only one that stood out there. She always had big hoop earings and blondish hair. I was absoulutley shocked when I saw her on the news, crying hysticarically and pleading for her little boy's safe return. I just want to know why they or he did it. What provoked him?
State Park FSH

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 3, 2008
Hello Knew Him. What do you mean potentially violet. Paranoid yes. But glued to a chair. Have you seen something different?
kdd

Equality, IL

#9 Mar 27, 2009
District wrote:
Send his ass to Menard an let brothers get a piece. Also, where are all the whites and their comments about crime. Oh, this is a white man.
Tweetie shouldn't have taken that lil boy, C.J. to the white hood to sling dope, babysitter my ass, she was using C.J. for a front, Everybody in the Park knows Reggy & his ho Tweety, she just as respondible for C.J. death as K.R. They found out what a lot of white people all ready knew State park is a very dangerous place!
kdd

Elizabethtown, IL

#10 Apr 25, 2009
Its pisses me off that the trash that goes in Arties bar (including Artis Robinson Decker) has the nerve to talk about Kevin Reid. Even the murder he is, hes still a whole lot better than that FREAKIN TRASH!
4everurs

East Liverpool, OH

#11 Oct 19, 2012
I grew up with Kevin but hadn't seen him in over 25 years I was in shock to hear what he did. Never would have believed he took the road he took. My heart goes to the families of the victims and if the girl was selling drugs she didn't deserve to die nor an innocent child. And for kdd in Vienna, Il it doesn't matter where you are this is what drugs can do to people.
roger

United States

#12 Dec 7, 2012
Just goes too show you......do you really know the person next to you?
4everurs

East Liverpool, OH

#13 Feb 22, 2013
District wrote:
I am sorry that you feel that way I grew up in State Park and I am a white girl everyone knows state park is rough and it doesn't matter what color you are this is what drugs will/can make you do. It is not always about color you should pray for that girl and that little boy Kevin will get what he deserves,
Knew him

Collinsville, IL

#14 May 13, 2013
State Park FSH wrote:
Hello Knew Him. What do you mean potentially violet. Paranoid yes. But glued to a chair. Have you seen something different?
Yes, I have seen Kevin erupt in violence before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal mexicans go home (Apr '12) 1 hr Justice and liberty 15
Debbie where are you? Sat Wysiwyg 1
Kirk Kinnear aka elmo aka lying theif Fri Dead man walking 11
Troy ZX (Jul '11) Thu BrittanyMae 61
has anyone had problems with wholesale atvs Feb 25 JTR 7
Who do you support for State Senate in Illinois... (Oct '10) Feb 24 who cares 29
Beware of this woman - Dating site con artist Feb 24 djcombs 28

Winter Storm Warning for Madison County was issued at March 01 at 1:44PM CST

Maryville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Maryville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:55 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:55PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why the Browns Need to Stay Far Away from Bradford
NFL 7:00 AM
Weinke makes a Luck-Bradford collegiate comparison
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?