First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#24 Apr 2, 2009
Koinonia
You said "Now since were talking about Tony, I will say that people take his teachings way out of context. Spiritual Parenting is used to help immature believers get connected with a mature believer and learn about what it is like to be a christian. Most churches don't do this and feel no need to. Just let the pastor do all the work and then "Oh no..the pastor is burnt out, now he's leaving" Well that's only the 8th pastor to leave in 12 years" Gee I wonder why they leave, because they lead a flock of idiots who don't get fed at all throughout the week. We need to encouraged daily as it says in Thessalonians. In acts they met together daily and fellowshipped. Now I know that you all have your opinions about this church and pastors and Tony Cunningham, and nothing that I say will change your mind. If a man of God is wrong, the Lord will deal with that individual."

If Tony or Mike gave a teaching to the church and "the church [people]" misunderstood it and took that teaching and twisted it. Would it not be the responsibility of Tony or Mike to immediately correct the misunderstanding? Hmm???
Then this excuse we keep hearing from Tony & Mike has no credibility or substance! If Tony did not teach Spiritual Parenting you would not have had people rejecting there natural parents and moving in with a pastor or elder. You would not have Tony engaging in pseudo-spiritual-emotional-rel ationships with women in the church. All as a cover to having Emotional Relationships with women outside of his wife.
So don't give me this stupid vapid excuse that we keep hearing from Tony!!!

Koinonia, You can not win this argument, holding to the lies that Tony and Mike are slandering the people who oppose their false teachings!
If the teacher is wrong in this area then they are wrong in other areas of Christian theology.
They are in the same camp as T.D. Jakes, Joel Osteen, Todd Bentley.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25 Apr 2, 2009
OK Take a look at Romans 16:18 (Amplified Bible)
For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ but their own appetites and base desires, and by ingratiating and flattering speech, they beguile the hearts of the unsuspecting and simpleminded [people].

Okay, I would like to address the method that these false teachers use in the church.
For such persons,(that is the people who are departing from biblical doctrine) do not serve our Lord Christ. They certainly say that they do! Such persons do not serve our Lord Christ but their own appetites literally their own bellies. And by smooth talk, and flattery. The word flattery or sweet talk or even “sycophancy.”
Wow here is my favorite word again,'Sycophancy' which means “The fawning behavior of a sycophant; servile flattery.” A sycophant = a servile or obsequious person who flatters somebody powerful for personal gain.
The words Smooth Talk or blessing and flattery, these words can be presented in a very positive image or portrayed as very uplifting. By smooth talking & flattery they deceive the hearts of the naïve. We'll who are the naïve in the church? In the current church structure, every one sitting in the congregation is sitting under the one who has assumed the role or position of pastor and teacher. That is the structure of the church even the elders are seen as ones who sit under the pastor but are spiritually further up the line than you are.
These people they come across in a manner that they are blessing you, that they're looking out for your good, that they have your best intentions at the foremost of there thoughts. You feel loved and accepted. They come to you with, I have this “new teaching, and it's such a blessing.” The words, smooth talk or slippery talk…I hear the word slippery and the warning flags start flying. Like the image of a used car salesman, slippery talk. False teachers do not get a following by being mean deceptive or mean spirited. They come across to you; like they really care about you, that they love you. They give you a sense of position, and a sense of belonging. They get a following by projecting an image of being nice, kind, sincere, fair-minded and humble. That's what this verse is warning us about. If you have your antenna up and you're looking for false teachers, and your looking out for the bad guy, you’re not going to see craftiness and seduction of the false teacher.

The implications of this is it seldom, almost never, a popular cause to resist the false teacher, because THEY'RE ALWAYS SO NICE! And you look like an ogre at the denominational meetings or church business meetings, if you dare question what they are teaching! Or simply question their theology! To resist the false teacher, people will say to you.
“WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH AN OGRE? CAN'T YOU SEE THIS IS SUCH A NICE MAN?”

That's the way these people come across and if you are reading this and you don't see Tony or Mike in what I'm saying.--- I have to ask you to please check your pulse.
Dingle

Portland, OR

#26 Apr 2, 2009
Koinonia-lets all just get along....why can't we all just support Mike and Tony and let God decide if their teachings are wrong...it may be wrong teaching for you but if it works for me then can it really be that wrong...Jesus wants us to love our pastors and pay them double honor...why do you all have to be such extreme TPc downers...you shouldnt judge...only God should judge...we have to stand against the enemy and be united...I love TPc...its the church that convicted me of my church jumping ways...Love is in the air...someone pass me the kool-aide...
WHUSKIE

United States

#27 May 14, 2009
BEWARE OF TURNING POINT CHURCH AND ANY CHURCH AFFILIATED WITH THEM. BEWARE OF PASTOR MIKE VILLAMOR AND HIS WIFE CYNDI. THIS ORGANIZATION IS A CULT AND MIKE AND CYNDI ARE MONEY GRUBBING HUSTLING LYING DECIEVING LEADERS OF THE CLAN. THEY HAVE A VERY EMOTIONAL FOLLOWING AND CLAIM JESUS CHRIST BUT HAVE MANY FALSE TEACHINGS AND MANIPULATE THE PEOPLE IN THEIR ORGANIZATION AND CLAIM THEY ARE A CHURCH. PASTOR MIKE HAS A SHAKY MARRIAGE AND IS ALWAYS TAKING SO CALLED SABBATICALS BECAUSE OF PERSONAL REASONS. THIS ORGANIZATION WAS IN THE LOCAL PAPER FOR MANIPULATING MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS AND LURING THEM WITH COFFEE AND THINGS TO COAX THEM TO PARTICIPATE.
Dingle

Portland, OR

#28 Jun 8, 2009
More and more TPCWOC attenders are quietly leaving through the back door as they continue to vote with their feet. Others, holding out hope, continue to stay but are voting with their pocketbook.

The question remains: Why do some deacons, elders and staff continue to support false teaching and spiritual abuse in their midst?

Are they all really fearful of what may happen if they step out from underneath of the "covering" of the false apostle and false prophetess and into the covering of Christ? Doesn't perfect love cast out ALL fear? Then why do the remaining deacons, elders and certain staff continue to entertain fear in their hearts and minds?
Dingle

Portland, OR

#29 Sep 8, 2009
The TPCWOC exodus continues

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#30 Oct 17, 2009
I believe that cult leaders like Mike and Tony are breading mind numb robotic sycophants, who are taught to toss out common logic and reasoning and accept there authority and teachings along with all there mangled theology as the "NEW TRUTH."

What I mean by mangled theology and aberrant teaching is this; the further we are from God the less truth we will have in our life. All of us have bad theology in our life, Bad theology stems from our sin or toleration to sin. How do we know what sin is the more and more we trust God, the more we begin to know and understand His nature, His truths, His laws, His love etc. Theology is what defines our belief system. Knowing that God is perfect in every way, that He is truth, and the Bible is His inherent word, changes our approach to how we read the bible. Our faith by trusting Him, our prospective of life falls more and more in line with His truths and principles. A person who is further from God will not have a strong since of right and wrong will have be more passive tolerant wishy-washy approach to life issues. This person will have aberrant tolerations to non biblical beliefs. They will rely upon their own works to justify themselves and they will rely upon there own self protection attitudes especially when confronted with an opposing or corrective belief. They refuse to debate because they are afraid to be exposed.

Turning Point adopted Tony Cunningham’s curriculum for SOMA North West and this was part of my original line of questioning with Kim Barns. Immediately she put up a defensive regarding the aberrant teachings and challenges to test Tony’s teachings against the word of God. Demonizing me with the staff and calling me Bitter and Unforgiving. These people are unwilling to debate because they can not break the arguments!

This is how Tony teaches. He takes a concept like....polygamy and goes to the bible to find any supporting verses that would support his belief system i.e Tony's Heart of David class helps set up his twisted theology idolizing the life of David. Tony also lives in California and Polygamy is not legally accepted. So he goes back to the bible to see if there are any other verses that offer a similar life style. Ah he finds some verse where the apostle Paul refers to Timothy as a Son. So now Tony takes this verse and mangles it’s original intent to malign with his aberrant teaching to justify his Spiritual Daughter living with him rejecting and cutting off all communication with her natural, God loving parents.

For any one to disagree with or call them out, we are demonized as being bitter and unforgiving.
Well I’m sorry Tony and Mike if the truth hurts, it has nothing to do with bitterness or unforgiveness!

You’re like that pedophile lurking in my neighborhood prying upon little children, your hopping that you are not exposed!

And you dare to say to those who oppose your teachings as being “unforgiving!!!”

Your abhorrent Theologies tarnish and discredit My lord Jesus and your teachings dishonor his testimony!

Sorry to disappoint you Tony and Mike but you guys disgrace the witness of Jesus.

FOR ME THE HONOR OF JESUS AND

HIS TESTIMONY, WITNESS AND

TEACHINGS ARE WORTH FIGHTING FOR!!!
seenthelight

United States

#31 Nov 15, 2009
HOT OFF THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/232622 ...

Maybe this will help others to come forward who are hesitant and prevent others from getting involved in this destructive cult. Pastor Mike Villamor of Turning Point Church is the spiritual son of Tony Cunningham. Does this sound familiar to TPC people who are exposing Mikes false teachings.
seenthelight

Elk Grove, CA

#32 Nov 25, 2009
Okay so not only the article but 3 straight nights of talk show host Eric Hogue on KFIA 710 AM addressing the issues. Remember Marysville, Washington, Pastor Mike Villamor is a spiritual son to Tony Cunningham in Sacramento. The radio talk show host pretty much called Radiant Life a cult. Turning Point Church has gone down the same road.

Location hidden

#33 Nov 27, 2009
WHY?
Why do people like Tony take scripture and create systems that put things into controllable boxes, that explain what God has chosen to, NOT explain???

WHY does Tony coin terms and create paradigms that force you into an either, or, that scripture does NOT force you into!!
Terms like "Spiritual Parenting and Absolute Spiritual Authority"
WHY does he take these coined terms
and WHY does he create paradigms
and WHY does he demand that people take a side???

We can debate till we are blue in the face our opinions, but what we can not argue with is what God has given us as His Truth.
The false notion that God is constantly changing his mind is what we have going on with these false teachers like Tony.

How do we settle the truth when two people of equal piety and devotion have different opinions?
It is obvious, we go back to the oldest known authority or laws and that would be the Ten Commandments.

Does Tony’s teaching of “absolute authority” and “submission to his example and teachings” hold water as he makes himself out to be worshiped as the mouth piece for God?
Commandment 1 and 2
"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
"You shall have no other gods before me."

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments."

Sorry folks but fashioning an idol for yourselves as Tony, with sycophants who prop up this false teacher as being the “man of god” the prophet and apostle Radiant Life you continue to practice Tony Worship.
Dingle

Portland, OR

#35 Dec 20, 2009
leaders are leaving. the exodus continues. others are looking, waiting for the right time to leave quietly. but let me say this: your silence only allows the wrong to go on. you are just as guilty in your silence as the apostle and prophetess is in their actions.

Location hidden

#36 Dec 14, 2010
I was reminded that the apostle Paul called out false teachers He pointed out there false teachings using the Gospel as the filter of right and wrong.

I fact the apostle Paul uses the word anathema to describe the false teachers. He goes on to say that there is a special place in hell reserved for them that they are to be dammed to hell.
So for a leader to quietly leave or quietly not give an account for there involvement is being a religious bigoted coward.
There is no neutral ground here your either supporting darkness or your for Christ. If a person was once following the false teacher Mike Vilamore and suddenly came to the conclusion that Mike is way off from what the bible teaches but is silent and his departure He is perpetuating the false teacher Mike. People leaving Turning Point need to point out the false teachings for others to not be fooled. Otherwise they run the risk of being guilty by association.
tikiman

Marysville, WA

#37 Feb 21, 2011
Hey, GLADIATOR; WHERE'S your Mike now? I'll tell you where, Katy tx. He left his house to the bank and high-tailed it out of town with at least 40 grand in the churches money in his pocket. Some Pator he turned out to be. But many allready knew that - the smart ones. I guess that leaves you with some major egg on your face. Yes - I'm rubbing it in - I'm sick and tired of those who support false prophets and act like they're all holy. Grow up and start using your brain.
seenthelight

Oakley, CA

#38 Feb 22, 2011
hey tikiman..........I dont think gladiator is a Mike or Tony supporter. You may have read his posts wrong where he is quoting somebody else. Mike and Tony have no business in any church leadership. I sure hope Live Oaks Fellowship in Texas is not embracing them like they did the pastor that took the baby. Sickos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
development at Smokey Point (Mar '06) Mar 12 johnny b 8
wife sexual past revealed. Feb '15 dont worry 2
Lake Stevens Locksmith Dec '14 RoslynAHarris 1
News Reports Of Shooting At Washington High School Dec '14 SNJ 11
School shooting Nov '14 Sandy 6
Lake Stevens Garage Door Repair Oct '14 BrandPacholik 1
Marysville Garage Door Repair Oct '14 MurphyReed 1
Marysville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web