Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 19, 2009
For the past 3 1/2 months Turning Point Church of Marysville Washington has tried to appear like they are distancing themselves from a self appointed apostle, prophet and teacher Mr. Tony Cunningham. Now that Mike Villimor acting pastor, is back from a 4 month sabbatical, Mike now has Tony coming back to TPC to teach once again at SOMA NORTH WEST. This is where Tony comes in and holds what he calls an "INTENSIVE". This is 2 days of depriving people of physical breaks, manipulating peoples emotions through music, manipulative prayer and chanting, to brainwash and indoctrinate STUDENTS AND STAFF into accepting these false teachings. Tony is masterful at manipulating people, after all he has had a lot of practice doing it here in Sacramento, Elk Grove and Coos Bay Oregon. Go back and research Tony's history. Look at all the churches and pastors that were once associated with him and today will have nothing to do with Tony. Look at the church plants that have renounced Tony and Tony's teachings.

Radiant Life Church of Katy Texas
Radiant Life Church of Laguna California
Radiant Life Church of West Sacramento
Radiant Life Church of Batangas Philippines
The 60+ churches from the Sacramento Prayer Covenant 2000-2003
The churches involved with "One Voice"
South Sacramento Christian Center
Family Christian Center
Capital Christian Center
Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church
Arcade Church
just to name a few

Pastor Mike of Turning Point has been seduced by this spiritual hijacker!!!

Location hidden

#2 Feb 19, 2009
Think about this “How does a hijacker, hijack a plane?
This is a good question to consider.
The hijacker first has to pose like he is a regular passenger going to a specific destination. But does the hijacker have a secret agenda? You better believe they do!
A Hijacker has to look and act like a normal passenger so as not to tip off there diabolical plan. They need to get onto the plane with the necessary weapons to overpower the authority of the plane.

So how do false teachers overpower churches? Just like the hijacker they too have to act and look like one of the sheep from the church.
It's the classic “WOLF IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING”
These false teachers come in acting normal establishing friendships with key people in leadership, They establish a reputation or leadership roll. Then they take scripture and create systems that put things into controllable boxes that explain what God has chosen to, not explain?
You see they coin terms and create paradigms that force you into an either or that scripture does not force you into. They take these coined terms and created paradigms and they demand that you and I take a side. And then they separate from all who disagree with their side. I believe it is just a step above demonic. You see it all over the place, words that are not in scripture that men create to kind of take a side. You see it in churches, and churches will split over are you pre-millennial? All millennial? Or are you post millennial? Here’s another one, another word a term that is not ever set against it’s self in scripture ‘charismatic’. Are you Charismatic? Or are you not Charismatic?“People will say I’ll separate fellowship with you, I swear!”“Just let me know are ya Charismatic or not just tell me!” and people separate fellowship over it.

Here is just one of the many new examples. It’s a new paradigm from Radiant Life Church of Sacramento and the documented false apostle Mr. Tony Cunningham. This teaching is now rooted at Turning Point Church of Marysville Washington…
They call it “Spiritual Parenting”. You ask me, What does it mean? Well, that’s a good question...it was explained to me like this…it kind of looks kind of like Paul and Timothy from the New Testament...as Paul refers to Timothy as his son. So what does it look like in the church?
It was a concept and teaching that was originally introduced to the SOMA (School Of Ministry Arts) students, Elders and the leadership...that to be a better Christian to be sold out for God you need to renounce your natural parents ways and inheritance and be adopted by a more spiritual person one who can lead you into the deeper secret teachings of god. And now we have people breaking off relationships with their birth parents and being adopted as new spiritual children…people who are ranging from 15-50+.
Where is it taught in the bible?....I can't find one shred of evidence that would support this teaching…I can not find anything in my bible that teaches this…
In fact I find more in the bible that would NOT support this paradigm teaching. Scriptures like “Children obey your parents…” and “…Honor your Mother and Father..” WHEN TEACHINGS CONTRADICT THE BASIC 10 COMMANDMENTS, Well, I’M SORRY TONY AND MIKE WE HAVE A PROBLEM HERE!!!!!

Location hidden

#3 Feb 19, 2009
For the past 3 1/2 months Turning Point Church of Marysville Washington has tried to appear like they are distancing themselves from a self appointed apostle, prophet and teacher Mr. Tony Cunningham. Now that Mike Villimor acting pastor, is back from a 4 month sabbatical Mike now has Tony coming back to TPC to teach once again at SOMA NORTH WEST. This is where Tony comes in and holds what he calls an "INTENSIVE". This is 2 days of depriving people of physical breaks, manipulating peoples emotions through music and manipulative prayer and chanting to brainwash and indoctrinate people into accepting these false teachings. Tony is masterful at manipulating people after all he has had a lot of practice doing it here in Sacramento, Elk Grove and Coos Bay Oregon. Go back and research Tony's history. Look at all the churches and pastors that were once associated with him and today will have nothing to do with Tony. Look at the church plants that have renounced Tony and Tony's teachings.
Radiant Life Church of Katy Texas
Radiant Life Church of Laguna California
Radiant Life Church of West Sacramento
Radiant Life Church of Batangas Philippines
The 60+ churches from the Sacramento Prayer Covenant 2000-2003
South Sacramento Christian Center
Family Christian Center
Capital Christian Center
Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church
Arcade Church
just to name a few

Pastor Mike of Turning Point has been seduced by this spiritual hijacker!!!

Location hidden

#4 Feb 19, 2009
Husbands and Wives coming under “THE COVERING” is just another example of sever Spiritual Abuse. A couple in a discipleship relationship with a pastor or elder is coerced into becoming the ‘Spiritual Son & Daughter” of their “Spiritual Parents” the couple they are disciplining. Yes, this teaching is whacked.
Many marriages have ended up in a state of ruin because the husband wised up and rejected the false teachings. So the discipler aka Spiritual Parent would then encourage the wife to divorce the non compliant husband.
Youth and collage age students have gone to their birth parents and informed them that their ways are but filthy rags and that they will not have anything to do with the birth parents any more. This false teaching has hurt many families!
Yet Mike still invites this false teacher back to your church??? You people at turning point, you elders and the leadership pull your head out of the sand! Quit worshiping Mike and Tony!

When churches like Turning Point start out with good solid biblical faith as their foundation, then invite in a new teacher in like Tony Cunningham, embracing all that he teaches. Your hijacker has fooled you, he has passed the security machine and is now on board your plane sitting right next to you.

Why do the leaders become so star struck and dumbfounded with his unfamiliar teachings?

Why has the Christian Church become so soft?
Soft with tolerating false teachings?
Soft on standing up for the truth?
Soft at having a voice in the public arena?
Why have Christians become so silent!
Has the church become a bunch of beat up mind numb robots and sycophant clones?
Or are Christians going to start defending the gospel ?
Bill

Marysville, WA

#5 Feb 24, 2009
I read some of your input.
I will respond by saying society is the reason.
Some churches feel they are losing numbers cause of the sway of masses. So they bend a little here and there to conform to the world. The church needs to get back to basics and remember the 7 churches in Revelations. "Why have you left your first love" Is directed to the churches who begin to conform to idealism of society to "gain numbers". They forgot that the Lord supplies.
There is churches today that have services with crowds like a football stadium at times. Why? because they tell people what they want to hear instead of telling them what God put on their heart to tell them.
People do not like to be reminded theya re sinners and going to hell unless they repent!
It has become a feel good culture do what makes you feel good. Who cares about what happens later.
And it is spilling over into the churches.
A good way to find a good God fearing church is to listen, are they teaching what the scriptures say? Are they teaching in context? Are they sticking to what it says? ect.
If they are sugar coating it then it's time to run.
Are they bending over to allow those who are living in sin to continue attending? I mean a couple not married living together as if they are married? Gay and lesbians allowed to be there and not repenting? These are things the bible says we are to warn then go as a church and if they continue, then you are to alienate them.
Once you allow one to stay others follow suit over time. Then the teachings begin to feel water down. You can tell if it is a spirit filled church by the first 20 minutes. If you have that discernment.
I been to a few churches over the years and saw the changes and felt the teacings were not finding a point or even close. Then we searched for a new one.
The people can pray for change in their church. That is a powerful weapon against false teachings. The loudest weapon is to search for a spirit filled church and leave. Then the elders rethink their position on where they are at spiritually in terms of teaching.
Now in this day and age it is becoming like days of Noah! Yes it is, look around you. If you try to witness to strangers they laugh at you, mock you ect. Peoples moral compass is so far off this age it is scary. The bible teaches in the last days it would come to this. Mans knowledge would greatly increase. Look at computer tech today. You buy a comp today in 2 months it's outdated already.
People are searching for a savior today. But in order for them to embrace one they need to have their wants filled. They do not recall what God called us here for.
I believe we are living in the last days according to what scriptures tell us.
Bill

Marysville, WA

#6 Feb 24, 2009
Brother will rise agaisnt brother ect.
Wars rumor of wars. Kings of the east and north will rise against Isreal.
Iran already said they will attack. Russia said so as well. China already has put us on check as well.
How much more will God wait to send His son?
Who knows but know this, the season is ripe for picking.
To lead people back to the truth we all must get back to the basics and teach sound doctrine. Not a watered down version that leans towards not offending people.
The bible says " the bible is like a double edge sword" it cuts to the heart.(looose translation)
If it is watered down it has no meaning. If it is sound, it will wake the people up.
This shows we are in very dangerous times with pastors doing this practice of watering down the word. It is time to make a stand people, are we for the Lord or our own self desires?
Kealohi

Seattle, WA

#7 Mar 1, 2009
You know how church and state are supposed to be separate, and people are not allowed to push their religious beliefs on kids at school?
Well apparently that law doesn't matter, at least not in the magical town of Marysville Washington.
If you have kids that go to school in Marysville, please be informed that adult members of a Turning Point church come to your childs school, sit down with your child at lunch time and push their religious beliefs on the children.
They also obtain your kids cell phone numbers, myspace names, and email adresses, so that they can solicit your kids outside of school and bribe the kids to come to church meetings and also to come over to their personal residences.
These adults even try to come pick your kids up, all without you knowing about it.

To learn more, please visit "The Strangers" website, and read "RECRUITING GOD'S ARMY" parts 1 and 2.
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Home

Kealohi

Seattle, WA

#8 Mar 1, 2009
GLADIATOR:
You obviously know alot more about the church than I do. I am wondering if you are/were a member or how did you come across your knowledge. The reason I am wondering is because I am meeting with a reporter this week who is doing a story about the above mentioned school recruiting. The reporter told me she has already heard strange storied about TP from SOMA students. Anyway, I am interested in anyinfo you may have that you think should be put in the article. Email me @ Kealohi23@gmail.com
LearningPoint

Seattle, WA

#9 Mar 7, 2009
Kealohi wrote:
GLADIATOR:
You obviously know alot more about the church than I do. I am wondering if you are/were a member or how did you come across your knowledge. The reason I am wondering is because I am meeting with a reporter this week who is doing a story about the above mentioned school recruiting. The reporter told me she has already heard strange storied about TP from SOMA students. Anyway, I am interested in anyinfo you may have that you think should be put in the article. Email me @ Kealohi23@gmail.com
Hey, Go to the Rick Ross Cult Education forum and then select "Destructive Churches." You'll see a thread there with all the Turning Point information you could possibly want.
Give me a break

Marysville, WA

#10 Mar 8, 2009
Kealohi wrote:
You know how church and state are supposed to be separate, and people are not allowed to push their religious beliefs on kids at school?
Well apparently that law doesn't matter, at least not in the magical town of Marysville Washington.
If you have kids that go to school in Marysville, please be informed that adult members of a Turning Point church come to your childs school, sit down with your child at lunch time and push their religious beliefs on the children.
They also obtain your kids cell phone numbers, myspace names, and email adresses, so that they can solicit your kids outside of school and bribe the kids to come to church meetings and also to come over to their personal residences.
These adults even try to come pick your kids up, all without you knowing about it.
To learn more, please visit "The Strangers" website, and read "RECRUITING GOD'S ARMY" parts 1 and 2.
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Home
Funny how people whine and cry about this more than knowing that your kids are doing drugs. Shows your level of thinking.
Give me a break

Marysville, WA

#11 Mar 8, 2009
Is it wrong to witness to anyone? But it's ok to offer drugs? What is wrong with this picture?
Give me a break

Marysville, WA

#13 Mar 9, 2009
I looked into the story. I need to retrack the last couple posts.
Now on another note!
People would rather their kids learn about sex n drugs than learn about Jesus. That is where I was going with the post before.
Unfortunately there is cults flying under the banner of christian faith. That is why the Lord said to test all things.
Give me a break

Marysville, WA

#15 Mar 9, 2009
I lost 2 friends back in the day thanks to Jim Jones. He took the gospel and twisted everything and mislead the people. In result was mass suicide and murder. 2 were friends of mine from school. The bible does say in last days there would be cults false teachers ect.
That is why people are to challenge everything in the church. Check it agaisnt scripture to see if it lines up with God's word.
Unfortunately some become so blinded by false teaching they forget what the main thing is. And that is Jesus!
All we can do is share with those who are caught up in it and pray for them as well.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 9, 2009
Give Me A Break
Wow, now I understand your frustration with this article.
I believe that we are on the same page.

For people like your friends and my friends, This is why I am so passionate about exposing these counterfeit Apostles, Pastors and False Teachers.

Since: Mar 09

Snohomish, WA

#17 Mar 29, 2009
First of all, I want you all to know I love and respect you all for your concern about what you believe is heresy or misleading at Turning Point Church.
But I just wanted to share that I love the Pastors at Turning Point. But I love Jesus way way more!!! I dont believe Turning Point is the end all be all church. They are far from it. I have been saved for 12 years now and I have been from church to church for years now. 14 churches to be exact. I go where the Holy Spirit wants me to go, sometimes it is for short seasons, some for longer seasons. I can discern the spiritual realm pretty well..not boasting ok..lol. I have rebelled against churches and I was convicted of it back in 2006. Persecuting the church is wrong..and again I am not talking about Turning Point. I am talking about the church as a whole. I came into Turning Point in Aug of 06 and I seriously found life there. I still to this day find life there. Now I understand if people get hurt by a church. Lots of different reasons why someone would leave a church. I left my old church because I had a sharp disagreement with the senior Pastor. But I still believe he is a good man, and a wonderful Pastor. I still keep in touch with him to this very day.
Now with the "issues" at Turning Point. Every church has issues, some more than others. But what I want to ask is What do you all believe is the state of the church..again not just Turning Point but the church in America? Is it dead or alive? If you say dead you are correct! So when a church rises up and says "No more!!" people get pissed. Because the western mindset is "Keep what you believe to yourself". And if someone or a group stands up and says "things need to change" they are automatically considered a "cult".
Now I know there is always going to be controversy with the whole "Apostle" "Prophet" "Spiritual Parenting" "Prosperity Preaching" stuff. And there always will be. But lets face it, we serve a God who wants us to succeed right? Pastors Mike and Cyndi want their congregation to succeed in life. Not for their own sake but for the congregations sake. Now I know you will counteract with "Yeah but they want their congregation to succeed so they get more in the offering so they can take that home and buy more stuff and rule the city, and keep us "cult members" under their mind control".

Snohomish, WA

#18 Mar 29, 2009
Again I am not trying to demean anyone. I love everyone..seriously i do. Jesus said to love your God and love people. Pretty easy command wouldnt you say?
Now with the whole Tony Cunningham debacle. I have been under his teachings on numerous occasions. I watch closely when someone speaks ok. I dont just sit back and soak things in like some dumb sheep. If somethings off, I would know it. Now I dont agree with alot of preachers teachings. I think the majority of preachers get things out of context. T.D. Jakes is no different, Joel Osteen, and the list can go on. THe bible is a very complex book to understand. Not everyone is going to get everything correct. This is why the bible is alive and breathing today. God wants us to understand it. Now since were talking about Tony, I will say that people take his teachings way out of context. Spirtual Parenting is used to help immature believers get connected with a mature believer and learn about what it is like to be a christian. Most churches dont do this and feel no need to. Just let the pastor do all the work and then "Oh no..the pastor is burnt out, now he's leaving" Well that's only the 8th pastor to leave in 12 years" Gee I wonder why they leave, because they lead a flock of idiots who dont get fed at all throughout the week. We need to encouraged daily as it says in Thessalonians. In acts they met together daily and fellowshipped. Now I know that you all have your opinions about this church and pastors and Tony Cunningham, and nothing that I say will change your mind. If a man of God is wrong, the Lord will deal with that individual. Now us as believers need to stand up together and unite against the forces of darkness. They are all around us right now. The devil wants us to fight agaist each other..which is what is happening on these forums. It is so ridiculous!! Believers against believers is not taught in scripture. Let us not judge each other or try to expose false teachers. What if your wrong about these teachings? But then again what if they are wrong? The Lord only knows, and like I said He will deal with these issues. Jesus looks to the heart. All I say to you all is seek first the kingdom of God and lets see this country won for Christ!! Just some things to think about. If you get mad at me that's ok, I still love you. I want to see the church unite as one and help save this world from the enemy who is the devil. The enemy is not us..we dont fight against flesh and blood but against principalities and rulers of this dark world. Put on your shield and use your sword to fight in the spiritual realm. Pray for Turning Point..dont criticize. If you believe they need changing..pray for them. I pray all the time because I want to see the body succeed and not fail. Again I love you all and God bless you always.

Snohomish, WA

#19 Mar 29, 2009
_GLADIATOR_ wrote:
Give Me A Break
Wow, now I understand your frustration with this article.
I believe that we are on the same page.
For people like your friends and my friends, This is why I am so passionate about exposing these counterfeit Apostles, Pastors and False Teachers.
First of all, I want you all to know I love and respect you all for your concern about what you believe is heresy or misleading at Turning Point Church.
But I just wanted to share that I love the Pastors at Turning Point. But I love Jesus way way more!!! I dont believe Turning Point is the end all be all church. They are far from it. I have been saved for 12 years now and I have been from church to church for years now. 14 churches to be exact. I go where the Holy Spirit wants me to go, sometimes it is for short seasons, some for longer seasons. I can discern the spiritual realm pretty well..not boasting ok..lol. I have rebelled against churches and I was convicted of it back in 2006. Persecuting the church is wrong..and again I am not talking about Turning Point. I am talking about the church as a whole. I came into Turning Point in Aug of 06 and I seriously found life there. I still to this day find life there. Now I understand if people get hurt by a church. Lots of different reasons why someone would leave a church. I left my old church because I had a sharp disagreement with the senior Pastor. But I still believe he is a good man, and a wonderful Pastor. I still keep in touch with him to this very day.
Now with the "issues" at Turning Point. Every church has issues, some more than others. But what I want to ask is What do you all believe is the state of the church..again not just Turning Point but the church in America? Is it dead or alive? If you say dead you are correct! So when a church rises up and says "No more!!" people get pissed. Because the western mindset is "Keep what you believe to yourself". And if someone or a group stands up and says "things need to change" they are automatically considered a "cult".
Now I know there is always going to be controversy with the whole "Apostle" "Prophet" "Spiritual Parenting" "Prosperity Preaching" stuff. And there always will be. But lets face it, we serve a God who wants us to succeed right? Pastors Mike and Cyndi want their congregation to succeed in life. Not for their own sake but for the congregations sake. Now I know you will counteract with "Yeah but they want their congregation to succeed so they get more in the offering so they can take that home and buy more stuff and rule the city, and keep us "cult members" under their mind control".

Snohomish, WA

#20 Mar 29, 2009
sorry my first quote keeps getting posted..lol
Froggy

Sacramento, CA

#21 Mar 29, 2009
Koinonia..........u r lost truly especially with a name like koinonia. That is so evident of the cultlike nature of tpc an rlc. Stick to the topic. The topic is TPC not the church as a whole. u got serious issues if you been to 14 churches and you just let the wind blow u.....oops i meant holy spirit. got news for you if you read your word it doesnt blow u like that. u will catch another wind soon. tpc is a destructive and evil church with a seriously hypocritical, lying, manipulative pastor. hit your knees and pray about it.
Froggy

Sacramento, CA

#23 Mar 29, 2009
and koinonia or whatever.........u dont know jack about tony and the lives he has ruined. the victims did not take spiritual parenting out of context. he taught it that way. he may have watered it down for you guys but hammered it and promoted cutting off parents and relationships even if it was spouses. You really sound like you are caught up in the moment. good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Mr Blue 713
Garage Door Repair Lake Stevens Aug 6 Victoria Gibbs 1
Matt Tyner (May '13) Jul '14 Leanne Edwards 7
Gang concerns draw crowd in Marysville (Nov '08) Jun '14 curious8 14
Level 3 sex offender moves into L.S. (Aug '09) Jun '14 Terrified new res... 13
Review: Shear Design Salon May '14 fern 2
Have you had a Bigfoot encounter? (May '06) Mar '14 Steve M 2
•••

Marysville News Video

•••
•••

Marysville Jobs

•••