|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

-chef- wrote:
<quoted text>Eugene you know as much about the Bible as some cranky ass old cracker on tv beeging for cash. You don't know a damn thing.
Oh Hugh. You're so dreamy. You lose again.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Hey! I am gone three weeks and Wingnut/Teabaggers are still void of any independent thought or self analysis. Go figure.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
Hey! I am gone three weeks and Wingnut/Teabaggers are still void of any independent thought or self analysis. Go figure.
I thought your photo was of Borris and got way too excited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

Same hair.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Same hair.
Yeah, we are still waiting on that Orangutan/DNA comparison. ;-)

Donald Trump Sues Comedian Bill Maher For $5m Over Orangutan ... www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/05/donald-tr... ...

Feb 5, 2013 ... For crying out loud, Its a joke. But come to think of it he does look like a orangutan .Trump likes to dish it out,but he can't take, Very bad sport.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Same hair.
You are right! There are definite similarities!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

JesusInAFlatbed wrote:
<quoted text>
Now which cheek were the Christian Conservative Republicans (AKA Tea Baggers) turning when they gleefully sent our American soldiers off to die in Bush's unpaid and unfounded Halliburton Holy war?
You forget that study after study shows that religious people are the stupidest people in the world. Eat those facts and for Christ's sake, take a bath man.
This bores me. Bye bye hasbeens.
You might be unaware of this, but our military is all volunteer. The only people who sent our men and women to battle were themselves when they signed up for duty. And you know something? Young people keep signing up every day and have been since we first deployed to Iraq.

Another thing you might be unaware of is Haliburton has been contracted by the US for rebuilding in every war since Vietnam. They're the only company large enough to handle that massive of a rebuilding. Besides, since Haliburton was the company to construct Iraq's oil structures, doesn't it make sense to hire them for rebuilding?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Gov. John Kasich’s remarkable rebound continues in Ohio
Posted by Sean Sullivan on February 28, 2013

Ohio Gov. John Kasich’s (R) ascent in the polls continued Thursday with a new Quinnipiac University survey showing his approval rating has hit an all-time high.

It’s hard to overstate the depths from which Kasich has climbed since 2011.

“I just think that as governor, Kasich has looked at and asked Ohioans to look at the big picture,” said Ohio Republican strategist Curt Steiner.

Whatever picture Ohio voters are looking at with regard to Kasich, they are liking it more than they did just a couple of years ago. Fifty-three percent now approve of the job the governor is doing, compared with just 32 percent who disapprove. Kasich’s approval rating hovered in the mid-40s in Quinnipiac polls for much of 2012, and it was as low as 30 percent in 2011. That same year, Kasich hit what was arguably the nadir of his tenure when his law curbing collective bargaining was overturned by voters in a referendum.

But since then, Kasich’s image has very much been on the mend. A Washington Post poll taken last fall showed his approval rating to be above 50 percent. And a plurality of voters (46) now say he deserves to be reelected, according to the Quinnipiac poll. In the last Quinnipiac survey, only 36 percent said he deserved a second term.

It certainly doesn’t hurt Kasich that the Buckeye State’s economy has performed better than most, with an unemployment rate lower than the majority of states. What’s more, a plurality of voters in the latest Quinnipiac poll approve the way Kasich is handling the state budget.

Still, Kasich’s no lock for reelection. Indeed, he should be encouraged by his approval rating trend. But against potential Democratic opponents, Kasich leads, but attracts less than 50 percent of the vote.

One of those potential candidates is Cuyahoga County Executive Ed FitzGerald, a former FBI special agent who Democratic strategists have been bullish about. FitzGerald appears poised to announce his campaign in the next few weeks, but nothing is official yet.

Democrats contend that Kasich is still vulnerable, and that once voters become more familiar with his record, they won’t like what they see.“As voters get hit with his disastrous policies — which are the very same as those that devastated Ohio’s economy in the first place — the less there will be to like about the failed Kasich record,” said Democratic Governors Association spokesman Danny Kanner.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
Jim

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Gov. John Kasich is a crook and doesn't care what happens to the people of Ohio. He doesn't represent the people but he does protect his people in his party.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Jim wrote:
Gov. John Kasich is a crook and doesn't care what happens to the people of Ohio. He doesn't represent the people but he does protect his people in his party.
Well, barring a major scandal or total economic collapse, you're stuck with him until 2019. No real challenger wants to face him, he has a 53% approval rating, and unemployment in Central Ohio is as low as 5.2% in places like Delaware County.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Jim wrote:
Name me the last Governor better than Kasich. I don't care for some of the things he's doing, but focusing on the big picture, we are in a hell of a lot better shape than many states. Oh, and BTW, not many people in "his" party are going to need Mediciad, and Kasich is expanding it while receiving federal funds to do so.
wgsc

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

me
support

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

triedntrue wrote:
I think that Ted Strickland brings an old school democratic value system to Ohio.
support
Ameritron

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Anyone but who is in office now.
citizen

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

I think Kasich is trying to boost Ohio economoy - and that is a good thing. However, a few things for Ohio:
1. Don't cut State Prison programs or delinquent programs. The state arrests criminals, holds court and convicts criminals, it should bear the expense to detain them. The minimal primary function of the government is to protect the public and to enforce the law. These areas should be maintained to the last. In addition, repeat offenders go out and victimize more people. Keep them locked up - protect the public.
2. Get off the 'bash the teachers' bandwagon for why the schools are failing. Its not the teachers. If you switch the teachers with the worst failing district with the teachers from the most highly rated school, you would not turn the failing school around. It might even get worse, who knows.
Schools are operating on the old dogma of req'd # of hrs per day, Req'd # of days per year. that was in place before the OGT, and before all this scrutiny. Free the schools - let them innovate. Let the schools set up an accreditation association in alignment with the colleges. You would see hundreds of different models that could then compare with one another. Let the schools evaluate their teachers. The only thing the State has to do is administer a Reading, Language Usage, Writing, and Mathematical Computations Test for students to graduate. Say to the schools: here is your test, get the students to pass it. Then let them go be educational professionals and innovate programs rather than work under the oppressive structure that is now being set-up.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

citizen wrote:
I think Kasich is trying to boost Ohio economoy - and that is a good thing. However, a few things for Ohio:
1. Don't cut State Prison programs or delinquent programs. The state arrests criminals, holds court and convicts criminals, it should bear the expense to detain them. The minimal primary function of the government is to protect the public and to enforce the law. These areas should be maintained to the last. In addition, repeat offenders go out and victimize more people. Keep them locked up - protect the public.
2. Get off the 'bash the teachers' bandwagon for why the schools are failing. Its not the teachers. If you switch the teachers with the worst failing district with the teachers from the most highly rated school, you would not turn the failing school around. It might even get worse, who knows.
Schools are operating on the old dogma of req'd # of hrs per day, Req'd # of days per year. that was in place before the OGT, and before all this scrutiny. Free the schools - let them innovate. Let the schools set up an accreditation association in alignment with the colleges. You would see hundreds of different models that could then compare with one another. Let the schools evaluate their teachers. The only thing the State has to do is administer a Reading, Language Usage, Writing, and Mathematical Computations Test for students to graduate. Say to the schools: here is your test, get the students to pass it. Then let them go be educational professionals and innovate programs rather than work under the oppressive structure that is now being set-up.
In districts like Strongsville, the problem most certainly is the teachers. Not that the kids are failing; that the kids are exposed to allegedly grown adult role models acting like Bolsheviks. Immature leftists like that bunch are a perfect example of the type of "educators" who richly earn their own bashing.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

citizen wrote:
I think any reform in public education is a good thing.

I'm a landlord and frequently use Craig's List to find tenants. Some of the e-mail replies I get are frightening, particularly from black applicants.

To read these e-mails and not know any better, you would swear that they were written by 9 year olds. Many of them I delete because I have no idea WTF they are trying to tell or ask me.

Just for fun, I contact some of them and let them see the apartment. I usually strike up a conversation about the schools in our area, and to my surprise, many of these people graduated high school.

You can't say this is not the teachers fault. Well....... maybe you can, but it certainly is the unions fault. Teachers pass these kids right up the line to graduation so they don't have to admit failure. It would be no different than your employer allowing you to fill out your annual job evaluation.

If I'm not willing to rent them an apartment based on their letters to me, how are they going to find any meaningful employment? I think about this from time to time, especially when I hear figures like the black unemployment rate is almost twice the national unemployment rate.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a landlord and frequently use Craig's List to find tenants. Some of the e-mail replies I get are frightening, particularly from black applicants.
To read these e-mails and not know any better, you would swear that they were written by 9 year olds. Many of them I delete because I have no idea WTF they are trying to tell or ask me.
Just for fun, I contact some of them and let them see the apartment. I usually strike up a conversation about the schools in our area, and to my surprise, many of these people graduated high school.
You can't say this is not the teachers fault. Well....... maybe you can, but it certainly is the unions fault. Teachers pass these kids right up the line to graduation so they don't have to admit failure. It would be no different than your employer allowing you to fill out your annual job evaluation.
If I'm not willing to rent them an apartment based on their letters to me, how are they going to find any meaningful employment? I think about this from time to time, especially when I hear figures like the black unemployment rate is almost twice the national unemployment rate.
you would be amazed different the standards are in the public schools state by state.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting email system you have, that identifies the race of the sender...

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting email system you have, that identifies the race of the sender...
If the sender's name on the address line is Loqueisha or Trayvon or Da'Juan or Shaniqua, I'd say you might have a clue...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that XXX's posts wasn't based only on e-mails. Use common sense Guy. Like he said, he has met some & shown the properties. Do you expect times, dates, addresses, construction types, rental costs etc added to the posts too?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 hr Marvin Levels 188
Cat fight 12 hr JAFO 18
New Library Director 15 hr JAFO 16
Man shot during chase with deputy | The Columbu... (Aug '10) 23 hr ohsssffizzfirPAIN 38
Maggots found in food at two Ohio prisons Mon Who Cares 12
Developmental Disabilities Scandal (Aug '12) Aug 18 Elise Renee Ginge... 5
Top things to do this weekend, August 15-17 Aug 17 iNOEwattEWEdidLAS... 1

Search the Marysville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Marysville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Marysville People Search