Deadline for Old Village decision looms

Deadline for Old Village decision looms

There are 19 comments on the Marysville Journal-Tribune story from Feb 16, 2009, titled Deadline for Old Village decision looms. In it, Marysville Journal-Tribune reports that:

February 16, 2009 at 4:55 am Pictured left - Above are two of the six cabins at the Old Village off Milford Avenue which are to be torn down as part of a Nestles expansion project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marysville Journal-Tribune.

Larry

Middletown, DE

#1 Mar 6, 2009
Although I no longer reside in the county, it is a total shame that such historical buildings cannot, in some way, be preserved.

Where is the local historical society in all of this? Is commercial greed taking over everything?
animal control

Croton, OH

#2 Mar 7, 2009
The reality of the entire 20 million UC plus another 12M$ Marysville funds is "GO HUCK YOURSLF"
Just like the Ouddah deals!!!!...
THX 4 destoying our bridge Bob !
old guy

Marysville, OH

#3 Mar 8, 2009
what is the latest w these cabins?
animal control

Croton, OH

#4 Mar 8, 2009
Maybe after the highly sought after cabins are razed Nestle USA will build a retention pond in their place for parking lot runoff ?
The sick part to me is all these dudes back when did antyhing to coax the original cabin owners families to release the valuable homesteads up in the name of preservation, the origional UC family owners did, the relocation was successful, They died knowing their good deed was a done deal, the cabins were at their final resting place,
sacred ground so to speak.
Now dey getting "Pimped-Out" like a $5 hoe bag!
Rt4P

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Mar 14, 2009
Cabins being saved. More News Later. Final Agreement to be signed Monday. Stay Tuned. On Public Land preserved for all to see and share.
Just Mom

Mount Vernon, OH

#6 Mar 14, 2009
Rt4P
Thanks for the info this is great news.
ladyoh

Coshocton, OH

#7 Mar 14, 2009
Just Mom wrote:
Rt4P
Thanks for the info this is great news.
I believe they are going to the Richwood fairgrounds. Good to see someone has some sense.
Yuck Yuck

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 14, 2009
ladyoh wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they are going to the Richwood fairgrounds. Good to see someone has some sense.
Of course ALL those idiots in Marysville don't have a danm lick of sense between the whole lot of them! That's telling them ladyoh!
animal control

Croton, OH

#9 Mar 15, 2009
what do you know ???????
YOU dont know jack didly nothin',dat's what!!
Wire rope
animal control

Croton, OH

#10 Mar 15, 2009
Yuck Yuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course ALL those idiots in Marysville don't have a danm lick of sense between the whole lot of them! That's telling them ladyoh!
Dat's why da Jap's picked da damm place...

You idiot !!
sandy

Elburn, IL

#11 Mar 16, 2009
The boys will just have to find somplace else to play now.
animal control

Croton, OH

#12 Mar 20, 2009
old guy wrote:
what is the latest w these cabins?
an editorial by C.W.
Nestles, community to be commended
animal control responds....CW U-PUKE me OUT !!!
Heres some of his other 2cent crapola ! quote: Honda of America has served as the father.snip:Scotts-Miracle Gro is the county’s m-other snip: But on Wednesday morning it felt as though we had watched out father get punched in the eye.,,,,,,,,,Leave the Ole Ville alone !!!
animal control

Croton, OH

#13 Mar 20, 2009
Rt4P wrote:
Cabins being saved. More News Later. Final Agreement to be signed Monday. Stay Tuned. On Public Land preserved for all to see and share.
Saved from what ? Nestle USA !!!
From the rath of Gawd !!!
While the Ole Ville is destroyed...keep up with the commended reports CW & folks..,, while UR at it grow a pair !!
animal control

Croton, OH

#14 Mar 20, 2009
So the bottem line is, if an whenever in another life, the Ole Ville is resurected... A visitor will note:

Dis',Da',Joint Nestle USA & Jebus Jiminez Killed, back on Milford ave. in 2009.

CW even commend it ??
Make Roy Proud.
Leave'em ALONE!!!!!
happy

Marysville, OH

#15 Mar 21, 2009
can you at least write so we can understand what you are saying? Or do you like looking like an idiot?
animal control

Croton, OH

#16 Mar 21, 2009
Looking like What ??
Nestle USA buys up the Ole Ville,,, Then they bulldoze it outa' da way so they can improve the place to their forign taste buds.
Theres still going to be daves ole place right there in the focal point. He already has a killer fence up. These Nestle folks get the idiot of the decade award from animal control.

RIP Ole Ville 1972-2009
animal control

Croton, OH

#17 Mar 23, 2009
happy wrote:
can you at least write so we can understand what you are saying? Or do you like looking like an idiot?
Please fu##in eplaine the logic of destroying the ole ville whhie the 10 commandmints are,,,what they are.
Thou shall NOT fu##$n covet !!
&fe ature=related
animal control will die proud B4 takin' 2nd fiddle 2 UR fake azz !!!!!!
C'U in Hell Beach !!!
animal control

Bellefontaine, OH

#18 Jan 31, 2010
Well so far all im seeing where all The Ole Village was, is NOTHING !
It appears Nestle USA (Based in Switzerland) were just getting rid of the improvements to the land they bought to lower their taxes and liabilities.
I feel like the public was suckered into thinking different, like there was going to be this new expansion stuff with some hiring action.
I feel lied to like when, I think it was the Citizens Bank bought "Docs" place and a eldery lady pleaded to save it from demo & joe the plummer came to the rescue, saving the cabin, and the day. Afterwards there never was any expanded parking like the story was supposed to go, That lot remains of no use to anyone to this day. Just another tax and insurance perk for the another crooked outfit.
Similar to the bogus toyoda crappola
You just can not trust any company period
no charge
animal control

Lafayette, OH

#19 Dec 13, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four accused of trafficking slave labor at egg ... Sat Doc 16
1st delynn kale memorial pull! (Jun '11) Thu Pulling for a Cure 11
What teacher was it? Jul 2 csm 33
MPL searching for a new DIrector Jun 29 Lucy 59
News North Lewisburg council pushes for liability co... (Apr '09) Jun 28 Princess hater 6
SNAP challenge Jun 27 splashpadELVIS 2
News Xenos fellowship draws seekers, disenchanted Jun 20 Linda 12
More from around the web

Marysville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Marysville Mortgages