better do a back-ground check

better do a back-ground check

Posted in the Marysville Forum

Since: Oct 10

MARYSVILLE

#1 Dec 2, 2013
take it from experience,if ur going to hire anyone to do a major job for u...ALWAYS ALWAYS do a back-ground check first!!! we found out the guy that i hired to do a remodel killed his wife/threw her body n a reservoir/spent 9yr. n the big house & got out ....now he has his own little remoldeling co. THIS MAN WAS FROM MARYSVILLE TOO. WATCH OUT PEOPLE!!!
good suggestion

Mansfield, OH

#2 Dec 5, 2013
What's his initials btw.
Hang Dog

Marysville, OH

#3 Dec 6, 2013
Are the initials P.B.?
Wondering

Marysville, OH

#4 Dec 7, 2013
Anyone know about Eagle Eye Handyman Services, a.k.a. Peter Boissiere?
popo

Mansfield, OH

#5 Dec 7, 2013
call the popo and ask them
A Bitch in Time Saves 9

United States

#6 Dec 8, 2013
MYOHIO wrote:
take it from experience,if ur going to hire anyone to do a major job for u...ALWAYS ALWAYS do a back-ground check first!!! we found out the guy that i hired to do a remodel killed his wife/threw her body n a reservoir/spent 9yr. n the big house & got out ....now he has his own little remoldeling co. THIS MAN WAS FROM MARYSVILLE TOO. WATCH OUT PEOPLE!!!
Your advice is taken for what it's meant to be....caution when it comes to hiring people to come into your home. But I still have some logistical questions:

Who pays for the background check?

Won't you need the written permission of the contractor? If so, won't most contractors respond, "Sir or Ma'am, I am too busy for this and have other work I can do somewhere else, thank you." Is this a red flag or a legitimate response from a business not wishing to get involved with time consuming red tape?

Questions about the alleged crime:

9 years for murdering his wife? Really? Something doesn't seems right about the allegation. Did DNA evidence exonerate a falsely accused defendant?

General Question:

Do any ex-offenders deserve a 2nd chance? Does being convicted of robbery, doing the time, etc. mean a person can never have a chance of working again?

Question about the work itself:

We're you satisfied with the completed work? You did not say.

Here is my suggestion from the peanut gallery:

Buy a subscription to Angie' s List and save yourself some grief. Take this post with the best intentions meant. Seasons Greetings.
a guy

Delta, OH

#7 Dec 9, 2013
OH NO!! NOT A REFORMED CRIMINAL WITH A REMODELLING COMPANY!!! WE'D BETTER MAKE HIS LIFE MISERABLE!!

Original poster is a bitch

Person above: the paranoid homeowner would pay for the background check, of course
lol

Mansfield, OH

#8 Dec 9, 2013
There's no test for reformation. The guy could be reformed, or he could be a sociopath.

If a guy gets busted for weed or tax evasion, that's fine. Someone that killed his wife and chucked her body in the water 9 years ago? No thanks.
a guy

Delta, OH

#9 Dec 9, 2013
Having a remodelling company, seems to be a decent test. I doubt he's killed anyone since he's been out, so he probably won't kill you.

He wouldn't have gotten out after 9 years if he truly "killed his wife/threw her body n a reservoir"

Give people a chance. 50% of people that go to prison in Ohio, end up going back a second time.
lol

Mansfield, OH

#10 Dec 10, 2013
Crank down the sanctimony there buddy. I said myself that I have no problem giving second chances to people that could use it, and I totally agree that people that go to prison for non-violent crimes are getting the shaft. But I am going to use some common sense. If someone goes to prison for killing a person, especially their wife, things most likely went way wrong with that individual's self control. There is no way I'm letting them set foot in my home unless I've gotten to know them over the course of years and know I can trust them around my family.

Saying you have a company doesn't mean anything. I have a company, and the only time I have to prove it to anyone is when I send a W9 to commercial clients. Do you think homeowners are asking for his W9?

Stabby McWifey needs a job, that's fine. I want him to have a job and I hope he leads a successful, homicide-free life from here on out. I'm just not going to invite him into my home to complete a project.
a guye

Delta, OH

#11 Dec 10, 2013
LOL having a company does mean something. Unless you are hiring unlicensed, uninsured hacks to work on your house, which is just stupid. It's not easy to become a licensed contractor, carry insurance, a bond, etc..

Anyone that has a remodelling company has some degree of self control. I'm guessing your company doesn't do really "skilled" work.

Also, LOL at anyone who would let someone do work in their house without making sure they are licensed first. Unless they know them personally, which this person obviously did not.

He probably did a good job for a good price.
animal control

Mansfield, OH

#12 Dec 10, 2013
Saga of the repairman.....Baby!

http://www.marysvillejt.com/archivehook/offth...

no charge

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patti adkins 4 hr Iwantpattifound 6
Brian Flowers- The Innocent Project (Mar '12) Sat Beloved1976 22
Marysville Hookers? (Apr '09) Sat Beloved1976 25
Kevin Behren's vs. Bret Michael's Manager Jul 13 Jennie b annoyed 2
these people of marysville/union co Jul 11 Good news 2
Ban Narcan Jul 11 carl 3
Kevin Behrens Fired As Wrestling Coach Jun 26 class act 8

Marysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance