Civil rights case filed against groce...

Civil rights case filed against grocery store

There are 41 comments on the Daily Journal story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Civil rights case filed against grocery store. In it, Daily Journal reports that:

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit against Town & Country Grocers of Fredericktown on Monday alleging a black employee was subjected to racial harassment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Journal.

“Retired FAA”

Since: Mar 09

Fredericktown

#21 Jan 15, 2010
Walmart has had their share of lawsuits also. My feelings are still the same. Anyone can make allegations true or false. There is always somebody looking for an easy buck via a lawsuit of a big business. Some cases are legitimate some or not. Race shouldn't be a factor in the decision.

“Retired FAA”

Since: Mar 09

Fredericktown

#22 Jan 15, 2010
Ron Parker wrote:
<quoted text>you mean too give the store a chance to come up with a some whatbelieveable excuse so every one will buy the shit i say the store should be closed untill case has been heard and if the employee lose money oh well such is life in the shitty usa now days theres all ways wal mart
Sorry you live in a country you obviously dislike ("life in the shitty usa) If you feel that way, why do you stay here? What are you doing to make this country any better? Have you thought about moving to another country, if so, what country do you think has a better justice system than this "shitty" usa? Just trying to see the issue from your perspective.
JOHN R

Houston, TX

#23 Jan 15, 2010
TOWN&COUNTRY SOUNDS LIKE A PRETTY ROUGH PLACE TO WORK.THE DELI MANAGER SOUNDS LIKE SHE NEEDS TO BE FIGHTING IN THE UFC IF SHE CAN HIT AS HARD AS THIS WOMAN IS CLAIMING.AND THE GRAND WIZZARDS OF THE KU KLUX KLAN IS WORKING THERE.ITS AMAZING THAT THEY EVEN HAVE EMPLOYEE'S. SOME TIMES PEOPLE MAAKE SITUATIONS OUT TO BE WORST THEN WHAT REALLY HAPPEND. WHO KNOWS WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AND THATS ONE SIDE OF THE STORY.IM NOT TAKING UP FOR TOWN&COUNTRY OR ABUSE IN THE WORK PLACE BUT I WORKED FOR TOWN&COUNTRY WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER AND IT WAS NOT THAT BAD. EASY WAY TO MAKE MONEY AFTER SCHOOL.
Sharky

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Jan 16, 2010
Yes, the suit has been settled and the employee received a nice
little payday. It was in the Daily Journal within the last year. I also happened to met the lady involved - seemed very nice and was using her windfall to provide some for her families future.
just me

Park Hills, MO

#25 Jan 18, 2010
Wow. You come to the realization that a lot goes on in this little backwater of America that nobody ever hears about. Is there a way to file charges now, or has it been too long? I don't think that saying the owner is a christian excuses him from taking action against a worker who assaulted another worker. Makes you wonder what said worker knows about him or the business that dissuades him from making the situation right.
just me

Park Hills, MO

#26 Jan 18, 2010
Ah... I see I didn't read the second page of the posted comments. But is the deli manager still employed there and if so...why?
humanreject

Bonne Terre, MO

#27 Mar 8, 2011
i am the lady that was assaulted. it did happened and nothing came about .so i live with the humiliation still today.it makes you believe other workers or managers in different places i work can hit me or kill me and get away with it.the truth is no one respected me enough or seem to think i was worth the effort to have something done.in other words there was a much greater force that was was controlling this situations and it wasn't i. the story about the kkk.that was true to.i really don't care who believes me.it happened,its over and i got screwed
Hillbilly

Farmington, MO

#28 Mar 8, 2011
Ron Parker wrote:
<quoted text>you mean too give the store a chance to come up with a some whatbelieveable excuse so every one will buy the shit i say the store should be closed untill case has been heard and if the employee lose money oh well such is life in the shitty usa now days theres all ways wal mart
I worked for country mart and I will never buy any meat there. it is all outdated and sometimes rotten, you don't want to know what goes on in the butcher dept.
monroe

United States

#29 Mar 9, 2011
lol wrote:
<quoted text>You can do something about the color of your skin. If you're interested, ask Michael Jackson.
What a mature reply.
Jim mills

United States

#30 Mar 9, 2011
The south will rise again!
Poorwhiteamerica n

Saint Louis, MO

#31 Mar 10, 2011
I love when people try to excuse someone by saying he/she is such a good cristian.

I mean we all Know that a Christian wouldnt Molest a child, or Steal Or beat there wife, or Have affairs with other Cristian married people, right?

Or the fact no good cristian man or woman would start a war to take another non cristian countrys resources or land, I mean that never has happened, right?

one day this world will wake up and see the lies for what they are, a cover or lets say a free pass to do what the person or country thinks is right in there eyes at that time.More people have died at the hands of the Church's or religious zealotry than anything else in this world.( notice I didnt say what church or what religion)
worktherebefore

Park Hills, MO

#32 Mar 6, 2013
to make things clear.the lady that was assaulted did not get any pay day or even respect from any managers.she still lives with the humiliation today.i know her.
worktherebefore

Park Hills, MO

#33 Mar 6, 2013
don't know about the deli manager .the store manager is still there.he was the same manager that was there during the civil rights case.go figure
John Q

United States

#34 Mar 8, 2013
The Park Hills manager likes to hire hot young high school girls! I've heard story's ;-)
just sayin

Hernando, MS

#36 Aug 6, 2013
larebear wrote:
<quoted text>
the employees own town and country and im an employee so watch your mouth
YOUR ARE AN IDIOT!!! probably family im sure. always sticking up for the family. you know my family haven't always been perfect. at least we recognize that and not stick up for them when we know they are wrong. I guess that's what money does to "SOME" people. Go country mart!! LOL

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#37 Aug 7, 2013
linda lou henson wrote:
i had worked for county mart deli in park
The difference would be you are white not black. Sorry about your abuse that is unacceptable.
theearlybirdgets theworm

Park Hills, MO

#38 Sep 18, 2013
Seeking imformation from missouri case net and other
places it has me wondering.How many workers are there in this store that is paying off a drug or alcohol bill.Or is there
pay check been garnished by the manager of the store.
If so.What happens if a innocent employee gets assaulted or verbal abuse from one of those people that has a court record .What if there deli or store manager has a record?Is it ignored because maybe the whole store is hiring criminals?What if?
spell

United States

#39 Sep 20, 2013
Shishkabob wrote:
For the love of god you retard, if your goona post, at least use proper grammar and sentene structure. That was the most consfusing post I have ever tried to read.
If you are going to knock on someone for grammar and sentence structure learn how to spell retard. This is how you spell gonna its not spelled goona. This is how you spell sentence it is not spelled sentence. Dumb ass hillbilly!
Jesse

United States

#40 Sep 20, 2013
That's why u shouldn't hire blacks
Abc

United States

#41 Sep 21, 2013
Shishkabob wrote:
For the love of god you retard, if your goona post, at least use proper grammar and sentene structure. That was the most consfusing post I have ever tried to read.
. WELL DON'T READ IT JACK ASS DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT JACK ASS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
heyy (Nov '14) 20 hr Fred 6
Blacks and whites breeding 22 hr White Man 3
jack eigles (Sep '14) Aug 29 Steve 7
Descent bar in Kirkwood - Sunset Hills (Jul '11) Aug 23 Bill 8
things to do Aug 23 new 1
Johnnys crazy deals Aug 23 Larry 3
Randstad service Aug 21 Jack 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maryland Heights Mortgages