Dorsett Construction Hurting Area Bus...

Dorsett Construction Hurting Area Businesses

There are 6 comments on the Fox2Now story from May 25, 2010, titled Dorsett Construction Hurting Area Businesses. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO - It's meant to reduce traffic jams. But a major construction project on I-270 in Maryland Heights is also reducing the number of customers in some local businesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

geesh

Saint Louis, MO

#1 May 25, 2010
I knew it wouldnt be long before someone says it hurts their buisness. WELL get better products.. Sybergs is cool but not the greates but for them to be a one of a kind restaurant if they were worth it people would still come rain sleet snow are construction... ive got a mexican restaurant in st charles el mariachi that i simply love and last year when snow was at its worst and no one was on the road i made my way out there because there food and service were that good.
JBb1

Saint Peters, MO

#2 May 25, 2010
Syberg's service has gone way down maybe that is the reason for the 20% lose.
jlr1

Saint Louis, MO

#3 May 26, 2010
I would have to say if we survived the hwy 40 construction then this should not even be an issue.
Hazel

Memphis, TN

#4 May 26, 2010
I live in this area and drive through this intersection everyday. The construction really hasn't affected drivers that much until this past week, and it's still not bad. Overall, I think it's gone pretty smooth so far. I don't really see how it could affect them by 20%. Maybe they should consider adding signage to direct people to their entrance. Better service wouldn't hurt either.
Larry

Maryland Heights, MO

#5 May 27, 2010
This is a necessary evil. When the interchange is completed it will be one of the best in the U.S.

However, and this is a different topic, why don't motorists heed the speed limit signs? The work zone is posted at 25 MPH, but they don't slow down. It wouldn't work to have a police car there with it's lights flashing because they'd slow down because of the police, not because it's a work zone. Maybe when a construction worker gets injured they'll slow down.

Since: Jul 10

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jul 27, 2010
I was going to go to Schnucks today to get some Grey Poupon but when I saw how bad the construction was I decided to say screw it and turned around at the post office and went home. I wish they would have just left Dorsett and 270 alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baker excavating / Brian Baker don't trust him Apr 26 JGR 2
News Bachmann Demands Congress Slice $105 Billion Fr... (Mar '11) Apr 20 Marcus Welby 3
Jiggys are animals Apr 18 Three K 1
car accident this afternoon on 141 (Mar '11) Apr 9 Steven 5
Any esorts around Chesterfield Feb '16 Matt 3
I wonder who benefits from all of the traffic t... Feb '16 Objectivos 2
Cold brew (Mar '15) Mar '15 Need a hangout 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maryland Heights Mortgages