Kings Of Leon Leave Stage Citing "Safety Concerns"

Full story: Fox2Now

The Maryland Heights police were called in to do crowd control at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater after the rock band Kings of Leon ended a concert early.
Comments
1 - 20 of 106 Comments Last updated Jul 29, 2010
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Michelle

Collins, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

No, Jared Fallowell got pooped on by a bird so they had to leave. What crap!!
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Agreed! I thought it was the bird poop too! The opening act mentioned it...
TrudiBeachGirl

Chapel Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Per Nathan Followill's tweet...

@doctorfollowill So sorry St. Louis. We had to bail, pigeons shitting in jareds mouth and it was too unsanitary to continue. FULL REFUNDS 4 ALL. SO SORRY.

@doctorfollowill Don't take it out on Jared, it's the fucking venues fault. You may enjoy being shit on but we don't. Sorry for all who traveled many miles.
JJ-Kings of Leon-Wimpy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

KINGS of LEON SUCK - your from TN and should understand humidity and heat - they should loose all of their fan support and were lucky they were in St. Louis with a polite crowd - they are lucky they didn't get torn apart leaving the stage - I heard that they claimed people were throwing things at them and that is why they left - some of their fans drove five hours to see them and sat in the heat all day to see them-grow up if you want to be stars - three brothers and a cousin may just be too comfortable - we are at the local hotel and fans are trashing their shirst and CDs - I'll never go to see them again and I can't believe that the Rolling Stones, U2 and Bob Dylan had them on the same stage with them - they suck and I hope they never come back here again - go back to painting houses - some hose painters belived in you!
JJ-Kings of Leon-Wimpy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Bird Poop - you guys are "limp" and there is already a "limp Biscuit" - grow up and get tough-your fans have a lot more than pigeon poop to worry about - you suck big time and never come back-watch out pigeon above>>>>> >>>plop
pissed off

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

bird poop r u serious come on wipe it off an move on
JJ-Kings of Leon-Wimpy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Hey -Kings of Leon can become "Men With Hats 2" - at leat it will save you from bird poop - at least Axl Rose had the ability to start a riot and get some emotion going - don't come back and I will make sure your next ablum has "No Birds Allowed Label" - grow up and get used to the real world of outdoor concerts.
JLC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Lamest excuse I have ever heard - move over 3 feet, get a hat, or use a towel - the other two bands dealt with it, but I guess they care about their fans and can actually come through on their commitments - taking you guys off my iTunes, will buy no more albums, and will never come see you again - hope you survive this terrible terrible life threatening safety issue - hope no one comes to any of your concerts the rest of the tour! And yeah, you better give us all our money back - what about our gas money too?
Tedwardo Nugento

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

I was in the 12th row, after the 3rd song ended The drummer ran offstage...followed by the rest of the band then I saw some stretchers go back stage from stge right and left
Very Disappointed

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

I would like to call shenanigans!! I was fortunate enough to have seen Tom Petty on Sunday (also a very hot day) and these 60-year-old men, donned in long sleeves, played an amazing concert. The lead guitarist Mike, passed out due to dehydration, saw a doctor and was back out and played his heart out until the concert was over as scheduled. And tonight, my parents went to see CATS at the Muny, and actors were dancing and singing wearing fur coats!! And they finished their show too! I couldnt believe that coming out of the bathroom after the second song everyone was leaving. I didnt hear the announcement, until I heard a man swearing about it. I am sad to say that it was fun while it lasted, but I will no longer be a Kings of Leon fan. And good luck with your ticket sales if you every have the guts to return to St. Louis!
Craig

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Per band members twitter account - a bird pooped in the mouth of the lead singer..... Unbeleievable -- What's happened to rockn'roll?!?!
Koven

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

These dudes are more annoying than those stringy things on bananas.
KCW

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

I think you have to place blame on Verizon for this. They are the ones who didn't provide an adquate venue for them to play. They tried to say crowd saftey but it really falls on their shoulders, not KOL.
worker

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

That is total bullshit. I know for a fact there was no birds there and no poop. Even if there were, they would have moved them. The band was to high or drunk to perform in the heat. Suck it up you pampered "rockers"
KOL babies

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

It is not the venues fault. They knew when they booked the venue that it was outside. Suck it up.
OpenIceHit6

High Ridge, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Their outdoors, wtf do they expect?
KOL Concert

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

It's sucks that the show was canceled for bird crap. If this is an issue for other concerts at the venue, they need to put spikes or something in the rafters to keep birds off above the stage. And its not that the show was canceled, just that they offered no explanation of why except for safety reasons. Just wish that one of he band members had came out and thanked us for coming out other than an announcer telling us to "Please exit the venue and be safe driving home"
Sammy Hagar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

the Red Rocker worked through way worse never quit.
What is up with these new bands?
ExKOLFan

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

I was there and never before have I seen an entire audience yell curse words at the stage. People paid a lot of money to go see them, some traveled for MILES and they play 3 songs and leave due to bird crap?? UNREAL!! Yeah..become REAL artists and then maybe people will buy your records again.
KOL Concert Goer

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Michelle wrote:
No, Jared Fallowell got pooped on by a bird so they had to leave. What crap!!
If it was really in his mouth that can be dangerous. You can get really sick from bird droppings so I understand their concern, but I think they should have provided more explanation when they cancelled!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 10 min serfs up 1,715
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 6 hr REAL AMERICAN PAT... 96,987
What happened in Ferguson could be happening an... 8 hr just another guy 160
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 8 hr White Knight 222
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 9 hr i kno 327
Officer is hurt while being dragged by stolen c... (Jul '06) Tue Gary 2
Village Square - Old Town Mon scott 1
•••
•••
•••

Maryland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••